“Modern, Chic - and Friendly”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Nine Zero for the first time in mid-December. After a somewhat disappointing stay at the Back Bay Hotel a short distance away, we could tell at check-in at Nine Zero that this stay would be different. The front desk staff was attentive, engaged, and very welcoming. Patricia took the time to address our preferences in a helpful and pleasant manner. The room lobby and decor throughout the hotel is unique and functional. The small aquarium outside the lobby level elevators was charming. Funky, functional, whimsical - all of that applies. But we didn't feel, as mid-lifers in sneakers for comfort, that we weren't cool enough to stay there. Bedding and pillows are superior, closet, laptop safe, mini bar and robes a nice touch. Great location for walking to the Common, Quincy, and of course the North End. Our anniversary was acknowledged with a sweet card and some goodies from Patricia, such a nice and increasingly rare gesture. We look forward to our next opportuinity to visit Nine Zero.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views. Oerall the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Kimberly Z, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Dear Neese39,

I'm so happy Patricia was able to take such good care of you! And congratulations on your anniversary. Hopefully you'll be able to spend your next one with us as well!

Congratulations again and Happy New Year!

Kimberly Zalanskas

Write a ReviewReviews (2,746)

Reviewed 13 December 2011

We recently visited the Nine Zero hotel on the first leg of our journey from Boston to Washington. We were in the hotel for 2 nights. I was thoroughly impressed with all aspects of our stay. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. The design of the hotel was fairly modern and was to my taste. The staff were extremely helpful and were more than happy to provide details of directions or help with any queries etc. The wine hour was particularly enjoyable within an inviting environment. Also, the hotel was situated perfectly for walking around downtown Boston and I would certainly recommend this for anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Kimberly Z, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear LeighHolford,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm happy we impressed you so. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

it's a typical kimpton property - a smallish upscale property, not in the typical tourist location (e.g., back bay), but a good location. a two minute walk to the common, to beacon hill....10 minutes to quincy market/faneil hall. kimptons have the most comfortable beds, pillows and comforters on earth!! if you have trouble sleeping, you won't at a kimpton - i swear, i could do a commercial for their bedding! they also have great toiletries, robes.....nice rooms. wifi is free if you join the kimpton in-touch program (free to join). parking is expensive ($42/day), but it's boston, so what can you do?

Room Tip: request a room on a high floor for a nice view. join the free in-touch program to get free wifi.
2  Thank elaine212
Kimberly Z, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear elaine212,

Trust me, if I were able to produce a commercial for our bedding, you would be the first person contacted. :)
So happy you enjoyed your stay. Can't wait to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Second Kimpton Hotel stay in a week, and, glad to say, another jewel. Super helpful staff, Thomas the bellman and Gabriella on front desk, the standouts from a great team. Funky but functional (the description for this chain) Everything works, beautifully. Great restaurant. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank DMTM

Dear DMTM,

Two stays in one week, Awesome. So happy you enjoyed yourself.
We'll make sure Thomas & Gabriella know how much they're appreciated.
We look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy New Year!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I walk in and the first thing that caught my eye was the Gucci "a gift shop?" I asked. "No sir our concept is style we can book the personal shopper for you if you'd like" .....I almost shed a tear lol!

Spring Break, St. Patty's, and it's my first time in Boston and I stayed here. Can't and won't say enough about this hotel. Amazing modern art museum look. Room was beautiful, up high and over looked Boston Commons. K & O was fantastic and the staff were very attentive to my friend and I the concierges were a dream team. It rained bad 3 of the 4 days but we made the best of it. Chic, eclectic, minimal, and cool all at the same time. Location was almost to good to be true especially for a 1st timer. Dont change a thing NZ!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank rchavarria86

Dear rchavarria86,

Wow! 8 months later and you're still raving about us! I love it!
Thank you so much. Can't wait to read your next review. :)

Reviewed 9 December 2011

just returned from a four night stay at Nine Zero Hotel. Excellent! Room was well appointed & clean. The staff were extremely helpful couldn't do enough for you. Walking to our room after check in we could hear a dog barking & I hadn't told my husband it was a pet friendly hotel, he was horrified and said there was no way he was putting up with that but thankfully we only heard a bark for a little while! Phew!! the position of the hotel was excellent and really couldn't have been in a better spot. Wine hour was a very nice touch. One evening we didn't make the wine hour and when we went to reception the receptionist asked us if we'd like a glass of wine as we weren't there. I was so nice that she had noticed. Another evening I asked another receptionist about a show as it was our anniversary and would like to do something different but as it was a Monday there was nothing on so we went to the pictures instead, when we got back to our room she had sent up strawberries and a card. As I just mentioned, it was our anniversary and on arrival we had strawberries &wine in our room. Every thing about our stay was 1st class but I must say the staff in the hotel made it extra special. Thank you Nine Zero!

1  Thank WalesSid

Dear WalesSid,

Let me start by thanking you first & foremost. It's because of you that we strive to make each and every experience feel special. I'm so happy we could make your anniversary a memorable one. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I was here on business and pleasure, and actually worked out of my room for a few days. No one bothered me and the staff was at tentative when needed. My only complaint would be no coffee maker in the room (although available upon request). The front desk was helpful when I locked myself out of the room and in splitting the business invoice from the personal stay. Te room was comfy, bed great and it was very clean. Great location as well.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pensfan58

Dear pensfan58,

I'm glad our staff made your stay comfortable, but only when needed. We like the fact that guest's come to stay with us for all kinds of reasons and hope that those that multitask on one trip feel well taken care of, even if that means leaving you alone for a few days.

We look forward to seeing you again, and try not to work too hard!

Kindest regards,