“Love this hotel-perfect for business travel.”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Love this hotel-perfect for business travel.”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel really gets the simple needs of the business traveler- clean room, comfortable bed, great pillows, quality toiletries, free wifi and a make-up mirror in the bathroom. I also love the bar though on this trip it was closed. The staff is professional and attentive. I will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2013
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Worklife2013,

We don't need to make your life any more complicated than the meetings, flights, conference calls, and on and on make it. Like Bill Clinton once said, "K.I.S.S."

Safe travels,

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely - although a bit on the small side. We had a truly spectacular view of downtown Boston and the Charles. The location is great as well. Very convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear abetterjones,

Thank you for choosing Nine Zero on your recent trip to Boston. We have some variety on our room sizes and we know every stay has different size requirements. And for the urban market and central location we're definitely on the right side of the spectrum.

Best,

Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was in Boston for Thanksgiving and chose this hotel for my stay. It turned out to be a great choice. I had a Skyview room and upon check-in, I was told my room was on the top floor (19th floor) which made me happy. However, when I got to the room, I noticed that the bathroom, while clean and nice, had a standard tub and shower with a shower curtain. One of my pet peeves about staying in nicer hotels is getting a room with his kind of shower and not the more luxurious glassed in shower/marble tile combination. The room was great otherwise, and the view of the city was beautiful. The bathroom thing is a sticking point for me so I called the front desk before touching anything in the room. Anthony B. from guest services was friendly and quick to respond. He said that there was a room on the 13th floor that might be more to my liking and said that he could meet me there. Within minutes, he was there to show me the new room, which I decided to take. Anthony made another trip to the front desk and back to the room in order to deliver my new room keys. This was excellent customer service and it was greatly appreciated. Once I got settled, everything else went off without a hitch. Loved the room, it was quiet, the bed was extremely comfortable, and I found the rest of the staff to be friendly. The location is great and I found myself disappointed that my stay wasn't longer when it came to the morning of check out. I would highly recommend this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to speak up if your original room is not to your liking. Would also try to get a...
Dear SPGJeffO,

Truer words were never spoken. If you don't like it - we can fix it. You just have to let us know. We know there are a million things that influence how much you will love your room. While we don't have a million rooms (we're not Vegas), I'm confident we have your soul room on property.

We're matchmakers!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband, daughter + mom decided to escape to Boston instead of dealing with Thanksgiving aggita. We booked Nine Zero off the internet based on reviews and, upon arrival on Thanksgiving morning realized we made the PERFECT choice! Not only is the location right in the center of everything you want to see, it is within walking distance of much of the good stuff. The rooms were modern, immaculate + the bed very comfortable. The only thing missing are drawers for your belongings (only an armoire to hang things) The staff could not have been more accommodating, and always with a smile. Totally enjoyed the afternoon wine social in the lobby. Will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Boston!

Dear NikkiD64,

You're no turkey! Nice idea to escape from the madness and join our family in the holiday celebration. Sorry you were stuffing your clothes into the closet but other than that it sounded like it was all gravy.

Happy holidays,

New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Every once in a while, my wife and I leave the kids with grandparents and get away for a night. When we do, we'll always stay at a Kimpton Hotel, preferably Nine Zero!

Our room was the perfect setting for our special night together. The decor was warm, stylish and romantic. The staff could not have been more friendly. We checked in early and were made to feel like we were a priority. We got a room right away and didn't have to wait a second.

Our night began at the Highball Lounge, an on-sight place to get a drink and a quick bite. I enjoyed the craft cocktail and the creative dishes we enjoyed--crunchy, creamy tater tot nachos and Brussels's sprouts perfectly roasted.

The location was perfect. We walked everywhere. For one night, we were able to relive our 20s in Boston! Thank you to Nine Zero!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our King size room. Great pillows!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Emgd104,

If you want to thank the grandparents - feel free to send them our way - we'll help them relive their 40's. Happy to help you turn back the clock for a few hours.

Hope this turns in to a regular thing!

Happy travels,

NY/NJ
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I usually stay here for business but my wife and I stayed here during a recent trip to Boston to see our daughter. From the moment we arrived, the staff was fantastic. Helping us with bags, parking the car, taking the bags to the room, etc. Check-in was swift and being an InTouch member allowed for free wi-fi and a raid on the mini-bar. The room was a corner king room overlooking Tremont Street and the old historic graveyard ( John Hancock, Sam Adams, etc.). Breakfast was also pretty good. The restaurant was recently renovated (since July I think) and I liked the feel of it. Overall another great stay. I'm already heading back in a few weeks for business.

Dear pensfan58,

We should have been off our game a little so your wife would feel bad for you when you have to travel for business. Oh well...at least she knows you're in good hands! Thanks for sharing us with your family. We'll see you soon.

Best,

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a great hotel located in the historic Boston tourist trial. The hotel is close to tourist attractions, businesses, bars, restaurants and public transportation. The rooms are small but comfortable. The hotel did not have a in house restaurant, pool, gym (did not see one) or other facilities. The tariff was steep and did not include breakfast.

I stayed here for 10 nights over two stays. In one of my stays a false fire alarm went off in the middle of the night after which I had to walk down 18 floors. I ended up in the cold Boston streets in my pjs only to be told it is a false alarm. The hotel staff did not answer my call to the reception before I walked down neither were staff in the fire exit asking people to go back to their rooms. The whole episode was handled poorly by their staff thankfully it was not a real fire.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Balaji17
Dear Balaji17,

I assure you a fire alarm is responded to with the utmost seriousness and we make a strong effort to communicate to our guests and staff the situation across a variety of channels - with announcements over the loudspeaker, notes recapping after the fact, as well as personal contact. I apologize that in this situation we were not able to make direct contact with each of our guests.

Regarding the amenities - you are correct about no pool, but we do have a fitness center on property that is available 24 hours a day, as well as full service breakfast 7 days a week and a newly opened lounge - serving vintage craft cocktails and really delicious small bites.

Regards,