“Still Very Good”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is my place to stay in Boston since it’s in a great location near clients and great restaurants. The staff is always excellent and check in/out is usually a breeze. The rooms are modern and provide all the essentials for the business traveler. One thing that’s changed since my last visit is the restaurant on the 2nd floor. Over the years this has morphed into several different restaurants. The latest rebirth is called the High Ball lounge that appears to be a casual nightclub. While the breakfast menu is basically the same and the wait staff are familiar, the décor is entirely different. The tables are high tops with metal stools and the bar is the main focal point of the room. . This is really not the most comfortable set up for a business meeting. I’m not sure of the target audience since breakfast seemed to be filled with business meetings during all my stays. I think I’ll be shifting my breakfast business meeting down the street to the Omni Parker House with a more traditional set up. A very Good hotel regardless.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Marc K,

Thank you for continuing to return to Nine Zero, as well as your patience with our ever-evolving restaurant space. We are especially excited about the lounge as it is providing great craft cocktails until 130am (well past our old bedtime). The seating situation is fluid as we recognize that breakfast is the most important meal of the day in more ways than one. Let us know if we can help set you up in a breakfast environment more conducive to the tone you want to set.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Recently stayed at the Nine Zero for three nights on a business trip to Boston. Love this hotel and Kimptons in general. You get exceptional service and amenities. I generally stay at high end hotels such as Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons, but prefer Kimpton when convenient. If you want formality, stay at those chains, but if you want impeccable, friendly, welcoming service, stay at the Kimpton Nine Zero and other Kimpton hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear DavidL2121,

Hear Hear!

Thank you for choosing Nine Zero and Kimpton.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel really gets the simple needs of the business traveler- clean room, comfortable bed, great pillows, quality toiletries, free wifi and a make-up mirror in the bathroom. I also love the bar though on this trip it was closed. The staff is professional and attentive. I will definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Worklife2013,

We don't need to make your life any more complicated than the meetings, flights, conference calls, and on and on make it. Like Bill Clinton once said, "K.I.S.S."

Safe travels,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely - although a bit on the small side. We had a truly spectacular view of downtown Boston and the Charles. The location is great as well. Very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear abetterjones,

Thank you for choosing Nine Zero on your recent trip to Boston. We have some variety on our room sizes and we know every stay has different size requirements. And for the urban market and central location we're definitely on the right side of the spectrum.

Best,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was in Boston for Thanksgiving and chose this hotel for my stay. It turned out to be a great choice. I had a Skyview room and upon check-in, I was told my room was on the top floor (19th floor) which made me happy. However, when I got to the room, I noticed that the bathroom, while clean and nice, had a standard tub and shower with a shower curtain. One of my pet peeves about staying in nicer hotels is getting a room with his kind of shower and not the more luxurious glassed in shower/marble tile combination. The room was great otherwise, and the view of the city was beautiful. The bathroom thing is a sticking point for me so I called the front desk before touching anything in the room. Anthony B. from guest services was friendly and quick to respond. He said that there was a room on the 13th floor that might be more to my liking and said that he could meet me there. Within minutes, he was there to show me the new room, which I decided to take. Anthony made another trip to the front desk and back to the room in order to deliver my new room keys. This was excellent customer service and it was greatly appreciated. Once I got settled, everything else went off without a hitch. Loved the room, it was quiet, the bed was extremely comfortable, and I found the rest of the staff to be friendly. The location is great and I found myself disappointed that my stay wasn't longer when it came to the morning of check out. I would highly recommend this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to speak up if your original room is not to your liking. Would also try to get a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear SPGJeffO,

Truer words were never spoken. If you don't like it - we can fix it. You just have to let us know. We know there are a million things that influence how much you will love your room. While we don't have a million rooms (we're not Vegas), I'm confident we have your soul room on property.

We're matchmakers!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband, daughter + mom decided to escape to Boston instead of dealing with Thanksgiving aggita. We booked Nine Zero off the internet based on reviews and, upon arrival on Thanksgiving morning realized we made the PERFECT choice! Not only is the location right in the center of everything you want to see, it is within walking distance of much of the good stuff. The rooms were modern, immaculate + the bed very comfortable. The only thing missing are drawers for your belongings (only an armoire to hang things) The staff could not have been more accommodating, and always with a smile. Totally enjoyed the afternoon wine social in the lobby. Will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Boston!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear NikkiD64,

You're no turkey! Nice idea to escape from the madness and join our family in the holiday celebration. Sorry you were stuffing your clothes into the closet but other than that it sounded like it was all gravy.

Happy holidays,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Every once in a while, my wife and I leave the kids with grandparents and get away for a night. When we do, we'll always stay at a Kimpton Hotel, preferably Nine Zero!

Our room was the perfect setting for our special night together. The decor was warm, stylish and romantic. The staff could not have been more friendly. We checked in early and were made to feel like we were a priority. We got a room right away and didn't have to wait a second.

Our night began at the Highball Lounge, an on-sight place to get a drink and a quick bite. I enjoyed the craft cocktail and the creative dishes we enjoyed--crunchy, creamy tater tot nachos and Brussels's sprouts perfectly roasted.

The location was perfect. We walked everywhere. For one night, we were able to relive our 20s in Boston! Thank you to Nine Zero!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our King size room. Great pillows!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Emgd104,

If you want to thank the grandparents - feel free to send them our way - we'll help them relive their 40's. Happy to help you turn back the clock for a few hours.

Hope this turns in to a regular thing!

Happy travels,