“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Thornhill, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed here for New Year's Eve Dec 30, 2013-Jan 4-2014. Staff are very very friendly at front desk. Hotel room was great, as expected. Excellent city views which I paid extra for. Was a very nice surprise that when we walked in, there was fireworks right at our window.. very close proximity also! probably the most enjoyable fireworks display I've had. Nice and warm in bed and clear & close fireworks to enjoy.

Beds were nice and comfy. Mini bar was good but could benefit from some stronger man-friendly liquors as opposed to more female friendly options in there.

Hotel is very accommodating, forgot my shaving cream & razor and they sent one up no problem. Nice touch to have flavored water at entrance. Wine hour is excellent and social idea which I personally didn't participate in but did notice a lot of people did come down and mingled for the event.

Hotel seemed to be willing to go above and beyond to exceed your every need. Hailed cabs personally @ times for you and had them at the door. Highered extra security for the new year's eve just in case. Doors locked and all, entry only with room key.

During a snow storm that we had, they offered an in house movie of our choice (saving us about $15.99) and even sent warm popped popcorn...awesome!

Nothing bad to say, great service. Awesome location in the middle of everything, very accessible and nice scenic area. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: I'd definitely recommend the city view room.
Green Features: I feel terrible that I can't remember much details 2 weeks since my travel but do remember seeing little signs here and there and thinking to myself that this hotel cared. Little notes in bathroom tto help house cleaning determine if towels were dirty, etc...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Hi NadiaR83,

Firework viewing from the comfort of your room; yeah, I would say that’s pretty cool. I am glad we were able to supply you with a manly razor & shaving cream, since our liquors didn’t do the trick. The safety of our guests is always top of mind, and we take it to the next level during special occasions like NYE.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed for five nights (got a great rate during Kimpton's "Cyber Monday" sale) to attend the US Figure Skating Championships. The hotel is located a very short walk from the Park Street T station which made getting to and from the TD Garden very easy. My room was comfortable and clean and was a great place to return to after long days at the arena. I showed up early for check in and my room was ready within about a half hour. I asked them to empty the minibar fridge so that I could use it. They did me one better and got me my own fridge. A nice surprise! Overall, the service was great. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeeping staff was friendly and professional. I liked that the hotel offered a variety of teas in the morning. I was only around for the wine hour on two nights but I enjoyed the cider very much. If I had one gripe, it's that the walls seem to be very thin. One night, I could hear a couple "making whoopie" (either that or some "adult entertainment)! Not something I want to hear after a long day! Still, I would recommend the Nine Zero to anyone visiting Boston.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Hello lachiah,

I am glad you found our location convenient to the T and your short trips over to the TD Garden for the figure skating. I was pleased to note we were able to provide you with an early check-in and an extra fridge for your long stay. I am sorry about the distraction from your neighbors, which is certainly not the norm.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights during the snowstorm and we loved it. The best feature included was the TV with the fire place inside it was amazing. The services at the front desk was professional ,we will come back in the future to enjoy a nice boutique hotel in Boston.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Angela M
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Hi Angela,

I’m sorry you got caught in the snowstorm, but I’m glad it was with us, because where else are you going to get that fire place on your TV thing? I was pleased to note you received excellent service from our Front Desk team.

We look forward to your next visit,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

It's nearly midnight, I've had a long trip, and I'd just like to get a bite from room service at Nine Zero. But I can't. Why? No one is answering the line, and it doesn't even bounce to the front desk. This is not the first time this has happened here. It's a startling breakdown of basic competence in a hotel that aspires to a certain level of service.

Look, the location is great, the rooms are fine, the staff is generally nice (when you can find them!), but when you're tired and hungry and can't even get someone to take your money for food, it's hard to feel that positive about a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah T
Hello Sarah T,

I am embarrassed and disappointed this happened to you, and I am working on getting the phone roll over situation resolved. Thank you for pointing this out so it can be fixed. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as our guest rooms.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We booked the Nine Zero through an agent and were delighted with our stay. Having spent 5 days in a large, rather indifferent hotel in NYC the Nine Zero was a welcome breath of fresh air! The reception desk staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful with great local knowledge and boutique style was lovely, quirky without being too off-the-wall. Our room was superb, on the 8th floor so not one of the highest up but with a good view of Park St church and the edge of Boston Common. Cleanliness was top notch; our room was serviced impeccably. Having signed up as a Kimpton member, we got free wifi and $10 towards the mini-bar and were also given complimentary continental breakfasts throughout our stay as customers of our particular agent. The breakfasts were fabulous and the service great. We also benefitted from the wine reception hour between 5pm and 6pm, a lovely touch. It was bitterly cold during our stay so they added hot toddies to the drink selection which my husband loved- warm cider with a generous helping of infused bourbon, perfect after a long day touring a beautiful but freezing Boston. We loved our time in Boston and the Nine Zero contributed to that, without a doubt. I would recommend it unreservedly.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MrsParticular84
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear MrsParticular84 -

We are working diligently to infuse bourbon into as many things as possible. We guarantee we'll keep you warm all winter long. Thank you for choosing Nine Zero. I'm thrilled you had such a great time - arctic temps be da[rn]ed. Hope to see you again soon.

Happy travels,

Mark
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Unfortunately I was in Boston at the beginning of January 2014 getting there just in time for frigid cold and snow. The staff at Nine Zero turned misery into memory. Physically, the hotel is very well located very near the Boston Commons, Freedom trail, theater district and shopping and convenient to a major T station. The rooms are well appointed, serviced in an exemplary manner and they even are prepared to provide you with so many of those things we forget to pack, gratis.
The staff is always friendly and helpful. And then the extras offered during our stay due to the cold from free movie and popcorn to hot apple cider and hot chocolate, they always were looking for ways to make the best of the situation. Recommendations to restaurants were spot on as well. All in all, don't really think you could do much better when staying in Boston.

Room Tip: The high floor rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear rlevin227

Thanks for braving the ice and snow to stay with us. While the proximity to everything is always awesome - it is especially awesome when it is 2 degrees outside - so you can still have a full Boston experience! Happy that we were able to help you find a comfort zone inside and take some of the winter traveling edge off. Please come back when it is a little bit nicer so you can enjoy more of the city (let' say April?).

Best -

Mark
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and teenage son. It is the perfect location for Boston - located right near Boston Common and a great starting point to walk the Freedom Trail. The room was spacious, spotless with lush décor. Very comfy beds.The 5pm wine hour was a treat - we made sure we were back to the hotel in time to enjoy a few wines before going out for dinner. We enjoyed breakfast and an after dinner cocktail at the Highball Lounge - food was great and the service was excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SheridanRR
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hello SheridanRR,

You are right; we are certainly well situated for beginning the exploration of Boston! I am glad you were able to navigate yourself back to the hotel in time to enjoy our evening wine reception and a post dinner cocktail in our Highball Lounge.

We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again,