“overall great stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“overall great stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

our family of 3 stayed in this hotel while touring local universities. The location was great and the staff was very accommodating. The rooms are a little on the small side (not unusual for city hotels). The bathroom was very spacious but seemed a bit "unfinished" in comparison to other Kimpton hotels I have stayed in. The restaurant was being renovated during our stay and my only complaint was the charge for the continental breakfast...felt like it should be included for the inconvenience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Hello ACS5,

I’m sorry you didn’t find our two queen bedded room as spacious as you would have liked, but I am glad we made up for it with the size of the bathroom. I am sorry our restaurant wasn’t open back in October, but we did cut the red ribbon in late November. So we are ready to serve you up a nice hot breakfast.

We hope your teenager comes to school up in Boston so that we may welcome you back on a regular basis,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I would stay at only Kimptons if it were possible. We stayed at Nine Zero in Boston for a celebratory weekend and previously Hotel Rouge in DC. On both occasions we traveled with our Labrador Elvis. The staff was great from the reservationist on the phone to the gentlemen who helped unload the car, to the bartender in the lounge to the front desk. They were professional and friendly and offered exemplary customer service. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hello kathady,

I’m thrilled we have turned you and Elvis into such a Kimpton fans! I was pleased to note from pre-arrival to departure you received wonderful service from our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Harwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 January 2014

One of our friends recommended the Nine Zero to us for its convenient location near the Commons, China Town, the Financial District, Beacon Hill, and the North End. But it has much more going for than location. We were impressed by many things at this boutique hotel, including the quality of the rooms and the helpfulness of all of the staff. Everything about the hotel showed that there was a great deal of attention to detail in the design and running of the place. In sum, the Nine Zero does not disappoint. We'll certainly be back.

Hi Ardbeg98,

It’s great to see that we won you over with our service and amenities, on top of our central location. I’m glad you have smart friends!

See you soon,

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Nine Zero Hotel ( named for its location at 90 Tremont street) is a very special place. It's in a great location in Boston on the edge of the Common, and also near the State House, the theater district and several terrific shopping areas.
The rooms are comfortable and decorated in a contemporary yet comfortable style. The animal print bathrobes are a fun touch! Every night from 5:00 to 7:00, hotel guests are offered free wine and beer in the lobby lounge. It's a nice way to relax after a work day and meet some of the other hotel guests.
On my most recent stay the hotel arranged for two manicurists to set up stations near the lobby. I didn't hesitate to take advantage of their services. What a special treat to drink wine and have a manicure - all for $10!
The friendly man serving wine turned out to be the general manager of the hotel. We asked him to recommend a restaurant out of the hotel he suggested a fabulous seafood restaurant two blocks away. Not only did they call ahead to tell the restaurant we were coming, they had a special surprise appetizer delivered to our table. Needless to say, we were more than impressed.
Thanks Nine Zero, Kimpton, and (general manager) Frank. You know how to keep us coming back!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RCB01370
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Hello RCB01370,

First I wanted to wish you Happy Birthday again, and thanks for choosing to spend it with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our special manicure wine hour; it certainly appeared to be a great combination. It was nice to connect with you again on Saturday night during our wine reception so you could realize my name isn’t Frank. As long as you’re having a great time, it really doesn’t matter what you call me. I was pleased to note you enjoyed our central location and comfortable room.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your 5th visit!

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was my first visit to Nine Zero Hotel. Outside of some of the funky decor in the common areas (are those tarps on the walls?), I couldn't find one fault with the hotel. Very pleasant and attentive staff at the front desk, large and comfortable bedroom, a great bath, and great attention to details (e.g. free WIFI service for Kimpton Hotel rewards program participants).

If you fly into Boston, ditch the rental car and take public transportation (e.g. the "T") to Government Center. It's a short walk to the hotel. Don't forget to bring your jogging shoes, because Beacon Hill, the Back Bay and the Charles River are nearby.

I'll be back...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Hi Rosecityoak01,

I’m sure you are familiar with the saying, “one person’s tarps are another’s drapes”? Anyway, I am pleased you enjoyed your comfortable bedroom and the excellent service provided by our Front Desk staff. Boston is definitely a great running town, and my favorite route is along Storrow Drive by the Charles.

We look forward to your next visit,

London, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We arrived in Boston at noon and our rooms were not ready, but that was expected. The concierge was readily available and had our luggage tagged and stored until we were ready to check-in. When we arrived back after some site seeing, we were able to check in immediately with the staff delivering our stored luggage to our rooms. The rooms were lovely & clean. Not much of a view from my room, but that's not why I was there. The evening wine reception was excellent & very tasty. I strongly recommend the whiskey & hot cider.
The staff at Nine Zero were very helpful in ensuring our stay was enjoyable and offered tips to help us get around and see the sites of Boston.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Barb S S,

I’m sorry your room wasn’t ready upon your early arrival, but glad to see we got you all squared away after you toured around the city. You’re right, what could be better than some hot cider with whiskey during the winter? I was pleased to note you enjoyed your room and found our staff to be very accommodating.

See you soon,

Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed here for New Year's Eve Dec 30, 2013-Jan 4-2014. Staff are very very friendly at front desk. Hotel room was great, as expected. Excellent city views which I paid extra for. Was a very nice surprise that when we walked in, there was fireworks right at our window.. very close proximity also! probably the most enjoyable fireworks display I've had. Nice and warm in bed and clear & close fireworks to enjoy.

Beds were nice and comfy. Mini bar was good but could benefit from some stronger man-friendly liquors as opposed to more female friendly options in there.

Hotel is very accommodating, forgot my shaving cream & razor and they sent one up no problem. Nice touch to have flavored water at entrance. Wine hour is excellent and social idea which I personally didn't participate in but did notice a lot of people did come down and mingled for the event.

Hotel seemed to be willing to go above and beyond to exceed your every need. Hailed cabs personally @ times for you and had them at the door. Highered extra security for the new year's eve just in case. Doors locked and all, entry only with room key.

During a snow storm that we had, they offered an in house movie of our choice (saving us about $15.99) and even sent warm popped popcorn...awesome!

Nothing bad to say, great service. Awesome location in the middle of everything, very accessible and nice scenic area. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: I'd definitely recommend the city view room.