“Fun Time!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hartsdale, New York
“Fun Time!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at my first Kimpton Hotel last year in Chicago and had a great time. When the time came for me to book a hotel in Boston for Valentine's Day weekend, Kimpton was the first to come to mind. The location was also perfect for my trip. Nine Zero is right next to Boston Common and a short walk to Quincy Market, The Wharf and Boston Aquarium.

I also looked at booking thru travelocity but I found that there were better deals on the Nine Zero site. I also made sure I became an Kimpton In Touch Member. Good benefits.

I booked early enough that I was able to get a great deal on a Skyline View guest room and it was well worth it. What a great view of the common, the state building and the Boston skyline.

About a month before I arrived, I was emailed from their concierge Megan who noticed when I booked a room that it would be for Valentine's Day. She offered several package options for Valentines Day. I know that some people think they should give you things for free, but really how often do you get anything for free? She was very helpful and set everything up for our arrival. She also asked if she could suggest restaurants for dinner. Overall, at this point, I haven't even stayed at the hotel and was pleased with the service.

Roughly a week before my stay I received another email from the hotel. This time mentioning that sometimes travel is hard and you might need a picture of something or someone that matters to you waiting in the room when you arrive. I've never even heard of this as an option. I figured why not and sent over a picture.

When I arrived, the staff quickly attended to me and took my car and my bags. The check in process was easy. I don't know if this was part of being an In Touch member or just because of the holiday, but I was given a tiny gift bag with a little bottle of tequila and some chocolates. That was a nice touch. The room, as mentioned before, had a fantastic view and was all prepared for my Valentine's Day weekend fun. The picture I sent was also there right next to the bed.

The people at the front desk were helpful with everything that I needed. They were quick with directions and local suggestions for restaurants.

I wish I had time for their Wine Happy Hour. The timing just didn't work out, but that's just another wonderful perk of this hotel.

I loved staying here and look forward to staying not only here again but any Kimpton hotel around the country.

Room Tip: A high corner room (skyline view)
1 Thank bob t
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hello bob t,

Thank you for recounting all the wonderful aspects of your visits, starting with the great pre-arrival treatment from Megan. I’m glad you enjoyed all the little touches including the framed bedside picture. I am sure on your next visit you will work the wine hour into your schedule.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Another great visit to Nine Zero in Boston. Great location but more importantly the staff were great, helpful and frienldy. Feels like ol' home day and this was only my second visit.
Good fun in a great setting with staff who really do care! Not easy to find these days but they got it!!!

1 Thank Carl P
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi Carl P,

I am glad you enjoyed our location and thrilled our friendly and accommodating staff made you feel like you were returning home.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit,

Parsonsfield
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night on a cold weekend for my partner's birthday celebration. The service and hospitality that we received in twenty four hours surpassed our expectations and left us with great memories for years to come. I had contacted the concierge, Megan, approximately 2 weeks prior to get some recommendations for dinner and to see what could be done to make this evening special. She was very helpful and went above and beyond to help out and reassure me that the hotel would try their best to help out. Being an Inner Circle member with Kimpton, I had filled out my amenity profile online and they treated us to all of my requests. When we checked in early around noon, we were informed that we were upgraded to the Cloud Nine Suite on the nineteenth floor !!! The room was SPECTACULAR !!!! It had a wonderful king size bed, huge marble bathroom with soaking tub and steam shower, second bathroom, office area, and big living room with the best views I have ever seen of Boston. There were floor to ceiling windows on two sides of the living room, with a dining table for six. There was also a telescope for people watching. We were so thrilled with the room that rather than going out for cocktails, we just invited people up to our penthouse in the sky for drinks. It was Wonderful !!!!!!! Everyone from the valet to housekeeping was more than helpful without being overbearing. I cannot thank Megan enough for all that she did to make our night special. We also had breakfast in the Highball Lounge downstairs in the morning. Albeit a little pricey, the food was excellent and worth every penny. I highly recommend the Nine Zero to anyone looking to have a top notch, first class experience that you would find in any 5 star hotel anywhere. Oh, there is also an IPad in the room when you arrive for your use during your stay. Very useful and helpful if you are not familiar with Boston. Again, I would personally like to thank Megan at the front desk for all that she did!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robertwcook
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hi robertwcook,

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to rave about Megan! I was so thrilled to share your feedback with her. I am glad you enjoyed your spacious suite with the amazing Boston skyline view and that you decided to have some friends stop by.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted us to spend a special "early" Valentine's Day together, so we chose this nice-looking boutique hotel. It has a great location, very close to a lot of the more touristy things to do in Boston, and some of the rooms have a great view of the Commons.

However, we asked the front desk for a little 'something extra' because this was supposed to be a special time, and were met with upselling when asking for small things that other hotels I've visited didn't think were out of the ordinary.

Our room itself was fine, but we were hoping for one of the larger rooms you'll see if you click on the traveler's pictures here; our bathroom had the standard-issue tub/shower combination...with a cheaply patched broken tile. So it felt like we were staying in an updated budget hotel with a great location and thin walls...for a downtown price.

The valet guy was very polite, even in early February when the cold makes most people snappy, and we appreciated his courtesy. However, housekeeping came by after a particularly late night, so both of us were still getting ready to leave when they knocked on the door. I told the lady to give us half an hour, and she repeated it in an incredulous tone that suggested I was inconveniencing her. Sorry we're not going outside in our bathrobes!

I think it's great that this hotel lets dogs stay with you--how fun! But if you don't have a dog and wanted a quiet, romantic atmosphere, you're playing roulette with the noise level.

Overall I would not return to this hotel, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

4 Thank 9050Proofer
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Hi 9050Proofer,

I am sorry the tile in your bathroom was not up to standard and that our Housekeeper disturbed you early in the morning. I was pleased to note you enjoyed the service provided by our valet parking staff.

Cordially,

Abington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Boston is a very walkable city and location is everything. Nine Zero is located on the Freedom Trail (actually at the beginning), a couple of blocks from Boston Common and within a few blocks of the Government Center subway station which is only 4 stops from the airport. Like all Kimpton hotels, Nine Zero is a boutique hotel with a "living room", wine happy hour and great coffee station each morning. The rooms were larger than expected (we had a regular room, not a corner or suite, etc.) with two chairs, an ottoman and desk w/chair so plenty of seating. Our view wasn't the best, overlooking a side street, but we were in a big city so what can you expect - besides we were tourists and did not spend too much time in our room. There were lots of restaurants, bars and shopping within a few blocks radius, including a large movie theatre (which we used because it snowed the day we were leaving and walking was not an option). From Nine Zero we walked the entire Freedom Trail and even walked back at night to have dinner in the North End. The next day we walked from Nine Zero, down Newbury and to Fenway Park and back again. We've come to expect a certain level of comfort and service from Kimpton hotels and NIne Zero did not disappoint. I would definitely return and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

3 Thank CMCPhiladelphia_PA
Hi CMCPhiladelphia_PA,

Walk, Walk, Walk! You sure made your way around town on foot. I am glad you enjoyed our centralized location and amenities like our morning coffee and wine reception.

We hope to see you again soon,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I loved our stay at the hotel. Friendly and efficient welcome, lovely wine hour, and smart, contemporary lobby and room design all contributed to a relaxing and fun overnight. Would definitely stay here again the next time we're in Boston.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ronninyc
Hi Ronninyc,

I was pleased to note you enjoyed the friendly welcome, our evening wine reception and modern décor.

We look forward to your next visit,

Ontario Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We chose nine zero for its location and were not disappointed! We easily strolled "walk to the sea" , " the freedom trail ", beacon hill ,the market ,boston common and had easy access to the train to stroll fenway park! Perfect! Even before we arrived the excellent customer service and uniqueness of this hotel was evident! I simply emailed to request a coffee maker be available in the room (not usually in room but one of the MANY items they have available free upon request) the response was quick and welcoming! We arrived early and were greeted like old friends! Although the room was not ready yet ,we didnt expect it would be arriving at 10am, we were quickly checked in bags stowed and were on our way to explore knowing they would call the moment our room was ready! The room was spectacular! We had a corner unit with great view! The shower is incredible awesome pressure and lots of hot water! The bed was cozy, a bit soft for our liking but comfortable ! Every staff memeber we encountered ,whether just passing in the elevator or having personal business with,made us feel welcome . The wine hours were very well attened,nice touch! I cant wait for a return visit and definitley would request the higher floor corner room for an even more spectaular view!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luv T
Hi luvtheislands,

I’m glad our location was ideal for you to start discovering all that Boston has to offer, and that you received a prompt response in regards to your pre-arrival request. Our corner rooms certainly offer an outstanding view, and of course you will encounter amazing water pressure throughout the hotel. I was pleased to note you found our staff to be very friendly and welcoming.

We look forward to your next visit,