“Outstanding Hotel”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

After a long day of travel our. next connection was held up by a snow storm. It was our first time at Nine Zero, what a wonderful experience. Immediately they put us at ease with a complimentary glass of wine. The decor is exquisite throughout the whole hotel. Great night sleep...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maureen Z
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi Maureen Z,

I’m sorry you had some travel woes, but glad we could smooth them over with a glass of wine upon your arrival. I was pleased to note you enjoyed the décor of the hotel and had a restful night’s sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Thomas

Write a ReviewReviews (2,771)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stayed the weekend at Nine Zero for Valentines Day weekend. We had heard nothing but good things about the hotel so we figured we'd spend the $300+ a night to enjoy a nice getaway. I don't know if it's because we are young that people looked passed us but I didn't feel like we got any better service than if we were to go to a Best Western or any other cheaper hotel. The people in the room next to us were up partying all night. They were yelling, slamming doors etc until 8am. When I spoke with someone at the front desk about it that morning the only thing they told me was that they could have changed OUR room, at 3 in the morning none the less. I was baffled. Why should we have to pack up our things and move because the people next door won't be quiet? I couldn't be more disappointed than the way things were handled. Needless to say, after a weekend of no sleep we didn't get to enjoy this grand hotel that everyone is always bragging about, and to be quite honest I don't know if we would ever spend the money to try it again.

1  Thank kayla j
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hello kayla j,

Please accept my apologies for your Valentine’s Weekend visit not turning out as you expected, especially because of the noise from the room next door. We perform random hallway patrols at night and I’m sorry we weren’t able to proactively stop the disturbances.

I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I normally stay in Kimpton Hotels, I enjoy the level of service, while in Boston
to celebrate my best friends engagement I stayed at the Nine Zero. While I was checking in there seemed to be a higher level of excitement and commotion. Large garment carts full of expensive looking clothing. I guessed there was a celebrity of some kind just checking in, as much as I tried the guy checking me in wouldn't say much about it. but it was clear someone of importance was here. There was a few guys with cameras out side, a few more door people then normal. I have to say, I was treated great as a normal guest, and so did the friends I was visiting feel. We were treated to a little something special at dinner after the waitress over heard why we were all there. So thumbs up for giving us regular customers the feeling of being a star too.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a little small, its hard to get a room with a view here, ask for a street side room o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank timeats

Hello timeats,

I’m glad you enjoyed a little excitement during your check-in, but more importantly you felt you were recognized just the same. Don’t worry; your celebrity identity is safe with us!

See you soon,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at my first Kimpton Hotel last year in Chicago and had a great time. When the time came for me to book a hotel in Boston for Valentine's Day weekend, Kimpton was the first to come to mind. The location was also perfect for my trip. Nine Zero is right next to Boston Common and a short walk to Quincy Market, The Wharf and Boston Aquarium.

I also looked at booking thru travelocity but I found that there were better deals on the Nine Zero site. I also made sure I became an Kimpton In Touch Member. Good benefits.

I booked early enough that I was able to get a great deal on a Skyline View guest room and it was well worth it. What a great view of the common, the state building and the Boston skyline.

About a month before I arrived, I was emailed from their concierge Megan who noticed when I booked a room that it would be for Valentine's Day. She offered several package options for Valentines Day. I know that some people think they should give you things for free, but really how often do you get anything for free? She was very helpful and set everything up for our arrival. She also asked if she could suggest restaurants for dinner. Overall, at this point, I haven't even stayed at the hotel and was pleased with the service.

Roughly a week before my stay I received another email from the hotel. This time mentioning that sometimes travel is hard and you might need a picture of something or someone that matters to you waiting in the room when you arrive. I've never even heard of this as an option. I figured why not and sent over a picture.

When I arrived, the staff quickly attended to me and took my car and my bags. The check in process was easy. I don't know if this was part of being an In Touch member or just because of the holiday, but I was given a tiny gift bag with a little bottle of tequila and some chocolates. That was a nice touch. The room, as mentioned before, had a fantastic view and was all prepared for my Valentine's Day weekend fun. The picture I sent was also there right next to the bed.

The people at the front desk were helpful with everything that I needed. They were quick with directions and local suggestions for restaurants.

I wish I had time for their Wine Happy Hour. The timing just didn't work out, but that's just another wonderful perk of this hotel.

I loved staying here and look forward to staying not only here again but any Kimpton hotel around the country.

Room Tip: A high corner room (skyline view)
1  Thank bob t
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hello bob t,

Thank you for recounting all the wonderful aspects of your visits, starting with the great pre-arrival treatment from Megan. I’m glad you enjoyed all the little touches including the framed bedside picture. I am sure on your next visit you will work the wine hour into your schedule.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Another great visit to Nine Zero in Boston. Great location but more importantly the staff were great, helpful and frienldy. Feels like ol' home day and this was only my second visit.
Good fun in a great setting with staff who really do care! Not easy to find these days but they got it!!!

1  Thank Carl P
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hi Carl P,

I am glad you enjoyed our location and thrilled our friendly and accommodating staff made you feel like you were returning home.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed here for just one night on a cold weekend for my partner's birthday celebration. The service and hospitality that we received in twenty four hours surpassed our expectations and left us with great memories for years to come. I had contacted the concierge, Megan, approximately 2 weeks prior to get some recommendations for dinner and to see what could be done to make this evening special. She was very helpful and went above and beyond to help out and reassure me that the hotel would try their best to help out. Being an Inner Circle member with Kimpton, I had filled out my amenity profile online and they treated us to all of my requests. When we checked in early around noon, we were informed that we were upgraded to the Cloud Nine Suite on the nineteenth floor !!! The room was SPECTACULAR !!!! It had a wonderful king size bed, huge marble bathroom with soaking tub and steam shower, second bathroom, office area, and big living room with the best views I have ever seen of Boston. There were floor to ceiling windows on two sides of the living room, with a dining table for six. There was also a telescope for people watching. We were so thrilled with the room that rather than going out for cocktails, we just invited people up to our penthouse in the sky for drinks. It was Wonderful !!!!!!! Everyone from the valet to housekeeping was more than helpful without being overbearing. I cannot thank Megan enough for all that she did to make our night special. We also had breakfast in the Highball Lounge downstairs in the morning. Albeit a little pricey, the food was excellent and worth every penny. I highly recommend the Nine Zero to anyone looking to have a top notch, first class experience that you would find in any 5 star hotel anywhere. Oh, there is also an IPad in the room when you arrive for your use during your stay. Very useful and helpful if you are not familiar with Boston. Again, I would personally like to thank Megan at the front desk for all that she did!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank robertwcook
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hi robertwcook,

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to rave about Megan! I was so thrilled to share your feedback with her. I am glad you enjoyed your spacious suite with the amazing Boston skyline view and that you decided to have some friends stop by.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted us to spend a special "early" Valentine's Day together, so we chose this nice-looking boutique hotel. It has a great location, very close to a lot of the more touristy things to do in Boston, and some of the rooms have a great view of the Commons.

However, we asked the front desk for a little 'something extra' because this was supposed to be a special time, and were met with upselling when asking for small things that other hotels I've visited didn't think were out of the ordinary.

Our room itself was fine, but we were hoping for one of the larger rooms you'll see if you click on the traveler's pictures here; our bathroom had the standard-issue tub/shower combination...with a cheaply patched broken tile. So it felt like we were staying in an updated budget hotel with a great location and thin walls...for a downtown price.

The valet guy was very polite, even in early February when the cold makes most people snappy, and we appreciated his courtesy. However, housekeeping came by after a particularly late night, so both of us were still getting ready to leave when they knocked on the door. I told the lady to give us half an hour, and she repeated it in an incredulous tone that suggested I was inconveniencing her. Sorry we're not going outside in our bathrobes!

I think it's great that this hotel lets dogs stay with you--how fun! But if you don't have a dog and wanted a quiet, romantic atmosphere, you're playing roulette with the noise level.

Overall I would not return to this hotel, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

4  Thank 9050Proofer
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Hi 9050Proofer,

I am sorry the tile in your bathroom was not up to standard and that our Housekeeper disturbed you early in the morning. I was pleased to note you enjoyed the service provided by our valet parking staff.

Cordially,