“Great Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here during the latest snowstorm while visiting family. It is in a great location next to Boston Common and the movie house and lots of great restaurants within walking distance. Staff was friendly and efficient. Room was clean and very comfortable. Don't miss the evening wine and hot cider.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hello LGGTravel,

I’m glad you had a chance to cozy up to our hot cider during our evening wine reception, and that you enjoyed our location and found our staff to be accommodating.

We hope to see you soon,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived at hotel to be ignored by bell staff whilst we struggled with luggage. Apology was a fruit plate. Having attended a black tie dinner, we went to the bar at the hotel. This is separated by in internal security door from reception. Clear glass and simple lock. When we camE back to this door the desk person saw us, and indicated the door was locked and we must go outside, in minus 8, to the other door. We indicated this was not acceptable and where rudely pointed to outside and round. On re- entry this rude, arrogant person laughed. Apparently this is not the 'Kimpton' way. All evidence to the contrary. Result? I will never stay there again. To force two people dressed for a black tie dinner out into the cold and a walk around the outside of the hotel is appalling guest device and extremely rude.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello Andrew H,

Please again accept my apologies for the manner in which this situation was handled. As I had noted to you in my correspondence, the locking of the door is a measure we have in place in order to maintain the safest possible environment for our hotel guests. With that said however, we should have managed this situation differently.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

After a long day of travel our. next connection was held up by a snow storm. It was our first time at Nine Zero, what a wonderful experience. Immediately they put us at ease with a complimentary glass of wine. The decor is exquisite throughout the whole hotel. Great night sleep...

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maureen Z
Hi Maureen Z,

I’m sorry you had some travel woes, but glad we could smooth them over with a glass of wine upon your arrival. I was pleased to note you enjoyed the décor of the hotel and had a restful night’s sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stayed the weekend at Nine Zero for Valentines Day weekend. We had heard nothing but good things about the hotel so we figured we'd spend the $300+ a night to enjoy a nice getaway. I don't know if it's because we are young that people looked passed us but I didn't feel like we got any better service than if we were to go to a Best Western or any other cheaper hotel. The people in the room next to us were up partying all night. They were yelling, slamming doors etc until 8am. When I spoke with someone at the front desk about it that morning the only thing they told me was that they could have changed OUR room, at 3 in the morning none the less. I was baffled. Why should we have to pack up our things and move because the people next door won't be quiet? I couldn't be more disappointed than the way things were handled. Needless to say, after a weekend of no sleep we didn't get to enjoy this grand hotel that everyone is always bragging about, and to be quite honest I don't know if we would ever spend the money to try it again.

1 Thank kayla j
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hello kayla j,

Please accept my apologies for your Valentine’s Weekend visit not turning out as you expected, especially because of the noise from the room next door. We perform random hallway patrols at night and I’m sorry we weren’t able to proactively stop the disturbances.

I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back,

Portland OR.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I normally stay in Kimpton Hotels, I enjoy the level of service, while in Boston
to celebrate my best friends engagement I stayed at the Nine Zero. While I was checking in there seemed to be a higher level of excitement and commotion. Large garment carts full of expensive looking clothing. I guessed there was a celebrity of some kind just checking in, as much as I tried the guy checking me in wouldn't say much about it. but it was clear someone of importance was here. There was a few guys with cameras out side, a few more door people then normal. I have to say, I was treated great as a normal guest, and so did the friends I was visiting feel. We were treated to a little something special at dinner after the waitress over heard why we were all there. So thumbs up for giving us regular customers the feeling of being a star too.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a little small, its hard to get a room with a view here, ask for a street side room o...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank timeats
Hello timeats,

I’m glad you enjoyed a little excitement during your check-in, but more importantly you felt you were recognized just the same. Don’t worry; your celebrity identity is safe with us!

See you soon,

Hartsdale, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at my first Kimpton Hotel last year in Chicago and had a great time. When the time came for me to book a hotel in Boston for Valentine's Day weekend, Kimpton was the first to come to mind. The location was also perfect for my trip. Nine Zero is right next to Boston Common and a short walk to Quincy Market, The Wharf and Boston Aquarium.

I also looked at booking thru travelocity but I found that there were better deals on the Nine Zero site. I also made sure I became an Kimpton In Touch Member. Good benefits.

I booked early enough that I was able to get a great deal on a Skyline View guest room and it was well worth it. What a great view of the common, the state building and the Boston skyline.

About a month before I arrived, I was emailed from their concierge Megan who noticed when I booked a room that it would be for Valentine's Day. She offered several package options for Valentines Day. I know that some people think they should give you things for free, but really how often do you get anything for free? She was very helpful and set everything up for our arrival. She also asked if she could suggest restaurants for dinner. Overall, at this point, I haven't even stayed at the hotel and was pleased with the service.

Roughly a week before my stay I received another email from the hotel. This time mentioning that sometimes travel is hard and you might need a picture of something or someone that matters to you waiting in the room when you arrive. I've never even heard of this as an option. I figured why not and sent over a picture.

When I arrived, the staff quickly attended to me and took my car and my bags. The check in process was easy. I don't know if this was part of being an In Touch member or just because of the holiday, but I was given a tiny gift bag with a little bottle of tequila and some chocolates. That was a nice touch. The room, as mentioned before, had a fantastic view and was all prepared for my Valentine's Day weekend fun. The picture I sent was also there right next to the bed.

The people at the front desk were helpful with everything that I needed. They were quick with directions and local suggestions for restaurants.

I wish I had time for their Wine Happy Hour. The timing just didn't work out, but that's just another wonderful perk of this hotel.

I loved staying here and look forward to staying not only here again but any Kimpton hotel around the country.

Room Tip: A high corner room (skyline view)
1 Thank bob t
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hello bob t,

Thank you for recounting all the wonderful aspects of your visits, starting with the great pre-arrival treatment from Megan. I’m glad you enjoyed all the little touches including the framed bedside picture. I am sure on your next visit you will work the wine hour into your schedule.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Another great visit to Nine Zero in Boston. Great location but more importantly the staff were great, helpful and frienldy. Feels like ol' home day and this was only my second visit.
Good fun in a great setting with staff who really do care! Not easy to find these days but they got it!!!

1 Thank Carl P
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hi Carl P,

I am glad you enjoyed our location and thrilled our friendly and accommodating staff made you feel like you were returning home.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit,