“Nine Zero is a 10!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nine Zero is a 10!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I always start by saying that I am a huge fan of Kimpton Hotels - I am! This was my first trip to Boston and the Nine Zero couldn't have been better. The hotel has a fantastic location and delivers the boutique hotel experience you expect from Kimptons. Our room on the 18th floor had a great view of the Charles River & the Granary Burying Ground below. The staff is friendly and welcoming, room service (Tia, in particular) was great, & happy hour @ 5:00 is always a favorite. Be sure to go next door to the Omni Parker House hotel for a meal or a drink -- lots of history there. Everything you need is in walking distance of this hotel, including a huge Walgreens around the corner from the Omni P H hotel. I'm happy to recommend the Nine Zero!

1 Thank RGC_2011
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi RGC_2011,

I’m thrilled we provided you with top notch service and that you especially enjoyed the view from your guestroom and our central location.

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Warren, Vermont
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stay at this hotel fairly often for business. What sets it aside to me is the high quality of everything that you touch there and the personal service. The rooms are nice, well equipped and many have nice views of the city and the park. The minibar is very well stocked and I have found that although I do not stay at the hotel a lot they still remember me and include nice personal touches to my room such as a fruit plate (which is so nice I actually eat it!) and a coffee machine.

The bed is probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in and that is counting a lot of hotels.

Staff is great - always warm and welcoming and willing to help with anything you ask. Management has really done a good job in getting this level of service right.

Its my favorite hotel in Boston.

Room Tip: The higher floors are better!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello BerkBill,

I am pleased to note that the service our team provides is so high on your list, and of course it’s hard to beat a great night’s sleep on the road. I’m glad you enjoy the various views our rooms offer and the healthy amenity upon your arrival.

We look forward to your next visit,

Northeast
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Having been a resident of Boston for many years, it was wonderful but bittersweet to return and stay at a hotel. The Nine Zero hotel was exceptional in many ways, but the service alone puts it above and beyond many places in my mind. The room wasn't the grandest, but for a boutique city hotel, it was pleasant and nicely decorated. The views of the Boston skyline were magnificent and I couldn't tear myself away from the windows at times. For a dog owner, this place is top notch. There are no weight restrictions and while it is recommended, it's not mandatory to have the dog crated while you are out and about enjoying the sights and tastes of Boston. If you pay extra for their Tails in the City package, you will receive a bag of gourmet dog biscuits and travel bowls (not to keep). You also get a dog bed which for us was useless as it was meant for a small dog, and we have a larger size dog, so the bed was never used. From the front desk to the valet parking ($42 charge!), the service was phenomenal and the hotel staff should be commended. I would definitely stay at the Nine Zero again and would recommend it highly! The location was wonderful and we had an amazing time revisiting our old favorites of Boston. A side plus -- their lotion in the bathroom supports Dress for Success -- a great cause supported by a great hotel. Thanks again to the staff at Nine Zero.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room with floor to ceiling windows!
1 Thank AnyoneUpforACK
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hi AnyoneUpforACK,

I’m thrilled you had a chance to revisit your old stomping ground, and that we were part of your triumphant return. I was pleased to note your pet was very comfortable with us and you enjoyed our central location.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Since my mom and I didn't expect to stay overnight in Boston, we chose this hotel last min. Every workers were kind and very helpful. Great service. As other people mentioned, try to get a room in upper floor. Theres 19 floors in total and we got 11th floor. Perfectly fine. Queen sized bed fits perfectly for two adults ;) It's right by Boston Common and only 5 min walk to Faneuil Hall!

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Naomi I
Hello Naomi l,

Thanks for choosing us for your last minute overnight stay in Boston. I’m glad you enjoyed our location and the view from your room.

We look forward to your next (planned) visit,

Glasgow
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed for a week a Nine Zero exploring the city of Boston. Situated as it is opposite a stop on the freedom trail, just up from Park Street T station and the Common, one couldn't have a hotel in a better position. The staff were unfailingly helpful and cheery. Our room was spacious, comfortable, with one very good armchair with footstool and deskchair, and a roomy well fitted bathroom. There was also an in room safe. We had a deal whereby we took a Continental breakfast in the hotel and reception were organised to give us the vouchers for these when we arrived. A bit of variation in what was offered for this would have been welcome - even blueberry muffins pale a bit on repeated acquaintance! We observed the dog friendly arrangements of this hotel and were charmed to meet some fourfooted residents in the lift - glad to see this happening. We had phoned to request a room with a view of the Old Granary Burial Ground and we got it - a king room on the corner of the building on level 4. We were not bothered by noise from the street, even when the yellow buses were advancing down Tremont in waves from early on the morning of the Marathon. This was one of the best hotel experiences we have had in our travels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Burial Ground
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi ailourophile,

It’s great to read you enjoyed our central location, friendly staff and your accommodations. I’m glad you had a chance to take in the excitement of the Marathon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for a few nights in late April. First thing to note is, as have many have noted, its superb location. $30 from the airport or a metro stop less than 5 minutes walk. The Freedom Trail passes outside the hotel and The Common with its Information centre is also just 5 mins walk away. Good shopping is nearby, suggest walking through the Common and gardens and walking Newberry Street. Rooms were more spacious than reviews indicate and as always Beds were comfortable, we needed an adapted room so didn't move up to Skyline as unsure whether they had accessible rooms there and would suggest looking for those if you stay. Staff were really excellent at all times of the day and in all positions. That always makes a difference to a stay and it is good to see Kimpton employing such good staff. The reason for not being excellent is that midweek the Bar is either closed or quiet, next door is a sports bar but it does get crowded when Sport is on TV. Breakfast is served in the bar but whilst the food is good the room is not ideal. Accommodation is not cheap in Boston however Nine Zero rperesents value form money. Worth staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello ruffw00d,

I’m glad you made the most of our location by checking out many of the key sights in Boston. I was pleased to note you enjoyed your accommodations and found our staff to be helpful. Our Highball Lounge is open Wednesday through Saturday, but as you indicated there is a bar next door, and many more in every direction.

We look forward to your next visit,

Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night for our anniversary celebration. We had a King room with a skyline view. The views of the State House and surrouding areas were outstanding, and the room was impeccable. The entire staff was so friendly and accomodating. The bottle of champagne in our room was a wonderful touch!! We can't wait to book our next visit!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello karen s,

I was thrilled to note you had a wonderful anniversary experience with us and that you really enjoyed the view from your guest room and the champagne amenity. You know, you don’t need to wait for your next anniversary to come stay with us.

See you soon,