“Best Hotel I've ever stayed in!!!”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bethel, Connecticut
“Best Hotel I've ever stayed in!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was under a lot of stress because my daughter (age 5) had to undergo surgery and needed a hotel that was close. After reading the reviews I booked a room then called and spoke to Patricia to explain the situation. She asked me to call when we were leaving the hospital so she could ensure a quick and comfortable arrival to our hotel room. Upon arrival we were all warmly greeted and immediately checked in. When we got to the room (which was extremely quiet, clean and breathtaking) their were many wonderful surprises awaiting which included cupcakes, balloons taped to the wall shaped as a smiley face, a little stuffed animal and a get well card signed by the whole staff of the hotel for my daughter. I was blown away! Who does this anymore? Nine Zero does and truly cares about their guests. They did EVERYTHING to accommodate us and because of their genuine kindness they will continue get our business. To Patricia and the entire staff of the Nine Zero Hotel…we thank you for truly caring. You deserve to be recognized! Next…a letter to your GM!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fierz
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello Fierz,

I hope your daughter is doing well. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Patricia and your recent visit. That’s why we are here. I look forward to sharing your letter as well with Patricia.

Take care,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
london
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel in April, after having moved from another hotel due to the noisy traffic. I can't remember the lovely woman at reception, but she went out of her way to accommodate us, and all at the last minute. If you are a light sleeper, like me, I recommend the top floor. Besides the lovely staff and the excellent restaurant recommendation by the concierge, the location can't be beat

Room Tip: Top floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mizzallure
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hi mizzallure,

I’m glad we were able to provide you with a quiet retreat from the city noise, and I was pleased to note you received wonderful service from our team member at the Front Desk.

We look forward to your next visit across the pond,

Standish, Maine
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I feel bad for not writing this before now, but want to say how awesome this place and staff are! We went to visit med schools with my daughters and they enjoyed this hotel so much! Very clean and staff super helpful. Will visit again!

Room Tip: higher floor so you can see the city at night. Beautiful~!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mom04084
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello mom04084,

It is certainly the thought that counts. I was thrilled to note how awesome you found our staff to be. I hope your daughters have selected schools in the Boston area, so that we can welcome you back soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We came here to visit our daughter and she booked this hotel. For the price of 500$/night I would expect far better service. The cleaning of the room was very poor compare to other hotels in this price range.
Fitness room is very tiny. Breakfast was not included in the price, we tried once, very slow service and nothing special. Big disappointment for the first time in Boston.

Stayed May 2014
Hello Evisis,

I am sorry the cleaning of your guestroom was not up to our usual standards, and that you found our breakfast service to be a little slow. Our fitness center is certainly equipped, especially with our brand new treadmills, so that you can continue your home work out on the road.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back,

Glendale, CA
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just returned from my first trip to Boston, a family outing for my niece's graduation. Loved the city and the Nine Zero. Perfectly located between two historic burying grounds, Granary and King's Chapel, two blocks from Boston Common, and walking distance to Faneuil Hall and the North End. Very well-appointed lobby and rooms. The rooms are a bit small but well-furnished with exceptionally comfortable beds (although the pillows were too soft) and nice marble bathrooms. Exceptionally friendly and efficient service - everyone from the front desk to room service to the bellman was pleasant, prompt, and helpful. Will definitely stay again when I return to Boston.

Room Tip: For the best views, request a corner room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello DJ139,

I’m glad you had a chance to soak up all the history this city has to offer, and still found time to relax and enjoy your wonderfully appointed guest room. I was pleased to note that you received excellent service form our entire staff.

We look forward to your next visit,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent, friendly service. Uber-cool design aesthetic. Such a fun place to get to stay on a business trip! (fun in the "I love great service and great design way") Reminiscent of Hotel 21C in Cincinnati.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MBrenner214
Hello MBrenner214,

I’m thrilled you found our staff to be very accommodating and loved the décor of the hotel.

We look forward to your next visit,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I always start by saying that I am a huge fan of Kimpton Hotels - I am! This was my first trip to Boston and the Nine Zero couldn't have been better. The hotel has a fantastic location and delivers the boutique hotel experience you expect from Kimptons. Our room on the 18th floor had a great view of the Charles River & the Granary Burying Ground below. The staff is friendly and welcoming, room service (Tia, in particular) was great, & happy hour @ 5:00 is always a favorite. Be sure to go next door to the Omni Parker House hotel for a meal or a drink -- lots of history there. Everything you need is in walking distance of this hotel, including a huge Walgreens around the corner from the Omni P H hotel. I'm happy to recommend the Nine Zero!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RGC_2011
Hi RGC_2011,

I’m thrilled we provided you with top notch service and that you especially enjoyed the view from your guestroom and our central location.

We hope to see you again soon,