“Personal Attention”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Henderson, Nevada
“Personal Attention”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The very kind front desk staff remembered me from my visit a few weeks ago when I was in Boston for a job interview. On my return trip this week to start the new job they cheered for me and did a great job of making me feel special. This will definitely always be my go-to hotel in Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room overlooking Tremont Street and the Granary Burying Ground.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Heather F
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hello Heather F,

Congratulations on your new job and thank you for staying with us again. I was pleased to note our staff remembered you from your prior visit and put you on a pedestal.

We look forward to you popping in for a staycation in the future,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York, NY
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is honestly the best smelling hotel I have even stayed at! From the moment you walk in the door, it is like you are being treated to some kind of amazing aromatherapy! And it keeps getting better- once up in your room, the smell of your complimentary bath products add to the amazingness and your room will even smell great! The bed is beautiful and comfortable. There is a fantastic pillow menu as well! Guest services were VERY friendly- some of the nicest and most hospitable I have ever experience in a hotel ANYWHERE. In room dining was very good and arrived in a timely manner. The gym is a very decent hotel gym as well. The shower in my room, 1700, was leaking and I forgot to bring this to the attention of the manager- so I'm hoping they see this...the rubber sealant needed to be replaced along the edge of the back of the shower door. Otherwise, I give this place a giant thumbs up! Loved every second of my stay! Thank you Nine Zero! A+ for staff and atmosphere!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank operadivaprincess
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hi operadivaprincess,

What can I say, we smell good! I’m thrilled you found our staff to be so friendly and accommodating, and that you enjoyed your room service experience as well. I’m sorry about the shower and thanks for letting us know; it’s being checked right now.

Thanks for the grade and we look forward to your next visit,

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 4 June 2014

stayed in 2008 for 2.5wks. nice cozy business hotel and rooms felt this way too. the time that i stayed there i had no further interaction with the hotel staff.

located across from the start of the Boston common park. walking distance to the financial district and in the opposite direction to the shopping on Newbury street. very close to beacon hill where you'll find nice little restaurants otherwise in north end.

directly outside the hotel and further along the street towards chinatown felt fairly sketchy towards the evening. there was a stabbing across the road during my stay, however i'd like to think it was a rare case.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello Yvonne K,

I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations and our centralized location.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here on our first night in the U.S as it's not far from the airport, central to downtown Boston, and within 10 minutes walk of South Station. We enjoyed a free glass of wine at the early evening wine gathering. The room was comfortable, but after paying a significant price I think charging $8 for a bottle of water was a bit off. There is significant street noise, but probably no more than you'd expect given it's position. One tip - Even though we will only stay once with that chain we joined the loyalty club, this enabled us to get free wi-fi in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi PeaceFoodandaSnorkel,

I’m glad you enjoyed our central location and as you noted there will be some occasional street noise considering our downtown setting. I was pleased to note you were able to take in our evening hosted wine reception and complimentary wi-fi.

Regards,

Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Boston is a great city to visit. So many things to do and see.
Getting to the Zero hotel is problematic. There are three Tremont streets in Boson and the Gps will lead you to the wrong one. We got a complete tour, unwanted, of Boston.
Once there the staff was very accommodating and the room very comfortable.
When we arrived it was cocktail time, courtesy of the hotel and it did take our edge off.
I would return to the hotel.
Remember to look for Bosworth st for the entrance to the hotel and car valet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rhoda D
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello Rhoda D,

Once again please accept my apologies about the difficulties you had navigating to the hotel. I’m glad the sangria I poured you helped relax you a bit after the extra turns you took. I was pleased to note you enjoyed your accommodations.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly upgraded by Liz at the front desk to a Skyline Queen from a Superior King. I was given room 1702 and it overlooked Beacon St and the Common on one side and Cambridge St and government center on the other.

The bathroom was very luxurious with Etro products and the bed was simply amazing. My only faults with the Nine Zero are that I wish the sheets were softer and that Last Minute Deals were more plentiful.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hello theend451,

I’m glad you enjoyed the upgrade Liz surprised you with to one of our Skyline View rooms. I’m sorry our sheets were not as soft as you are used to, and our Last Minute Deals are not more plentiful. But, that’s what makes them so exciting!

We hope to see you again soon,

Adelaide,,Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I heard great things about this hotel. Bed supreme,room great and service fantastic. It definitely has lived up to expectations. Evening drinks a nice touch and good recommendations for local restaurants. The concierge, Megan, organised best seat in the house baseball ticket to Red Sox game and then left a note with wine and fruit to say welcome. Nice touch!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello pand0ra1,

I was pleased to note you enjoyed your accommodations, evening drinks and received wonderful service from Megan our Concierge.