“Great Location & Trendy Stay”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I'd your wanting a trendy stay near beacon street and Boston commons, this is it. Nice rooms, walking distance to everything, swanky restaurant, oh and free wine hr every night. For a nice view, upgrade to skyline view!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Howdy TXgalDallas_TX,

I’m glad you enjoyed our centralized location, your accommodations, and our evening hosted wine reception.

Come back and see us soon,

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Nine Zero for a business meeting I had on Beacon street. The hotel was phenomenal! As soon as I walked in I felt welcome. The staff was great and very accommodating, my room was beautiful (I had a gorgeous view of the city including the State House) and I loved coming back to the turn down service after I had a dinner meeting. It was such a lovely experience, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hi Krystale B,

I was pleased to note our staff made you feel at home and that you enjoyed your accommodations and the view.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I will generally stay at a kimpton hotel without hesitation and did so here the Tuesday after the Boston marathon. I loved the room and decor. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. It was pouring rain when I was checking out and they wanted to charge me $40 for an umbrella which was ridiculous. The location was great. The room service food was just ok, However the woman that delivered it was the highlight of my trip. I am so sorry I am writing this review a month later and have forgot her name. She was so nice at 6:30 in the morning it literally shocked me. I would stay here again without a second thought.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Sienna01,

I’m glad you found our front desk staff to be very accommodating and that our room service server provided such fantastic service. Please accept my apologies if we didn’t properly convey that the $40for the umbrella is just a deposit until it is returned.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at the Nine Zero for a couple nights last week, and it was truly a great experience. I had taken mentioned in the reservation that I was celebrating a special occasion and requested a room with a view. I flew in on a red-eye and called them the night before in the off chance that they would be able to have my room ready in the morning- they had said that they would do everything possible and to call again when I landed that morning. I arrived at the hotel around 11am and thankfully my room was ready. The hotel lobby had a very modern feel to it and smelled great. Checking in was a breeze and the staff was friendly and helpful.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I had gotten one of the best rooms in the hotel- 19th floor, right next to the Cloud Nine suite which has a retina scanner to get in (wow!). The room was nicely furnished and more spacious than I was expecting. There was an in room martini bar, robes, and even an in room Ipad to use. The view was amazing. It had a prime view of the Charles River and the gold dome of the State building. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and basic amenities. The shower head had excellent water pressure- a small, but often overlooked feature. You are able to hear some street noise, but staying in the location the hotel is situated in you have to be willing to put up with some noise. I wasn't bothered by it at all.

Unfortunately I didn't get to take advantage of the evening wine reception. I did, however, get to utilize their free bikes to ride around the city. It's a three hour maximum rental and they provide a bike lock, helmet, and a biking map with suggested routes. Also, since I am an InTouch member, I got a free $10 to use at their lounge or the in-room mini bar which is always a nice perk.

Overall my stay at the Nine Zero was superb. When I'm in Boston again, I am definitely going to try and stay here again. Kimpton Hotels have always been amazing when it comes to the rooms and their services.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor so you can take full advantage of the great views of the skyline an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ginger A
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello Ginger A,

I’m thrilled we were able to get you settled in early after your red eye flight (that doesn’t sound like any fun). I was pleased to note you enjoyed your accommodations and the complimentary use of our guest bicycles.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our first trip to Boston and Nine Zero was the perfect place to stay. It's to many attractions, restaurants and the T stop. Staff was helpful, rooms were very nice. Wine hour in the evenings, coffee bar in the mornings. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hi Sherrie L,

I’m glad you enjoyed our centralized location, your guest rooms as well as our amenities such as morning coffee and our hosted evening wine hour.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We loved our stay at the Nine Zero back in October! The service and attention was excellent. Our room was beautiful - very modern and classy. The concierge went above and beyond with excellent advice. We would love to stay there again!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Mimi F
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi Mimi F,

I’m glad you enjoyed the décor of your guest room and received excellent service from our Concierge.

We are ready for your return!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The very kind front desk staff remembered me from my visit a few weeks ago when I was in Boston for a job interview. On my return trip this week to start the new job they cheered for me and did a great job of making me feel special. This will definitely always be my go-to hotel in Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room overlooking Tremont Street and the Granary Burying Ground.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather F
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hello Heather F,

Congratulations on your new job and thank you for staying with us again. I was pleased to note our staff remembered you from your prior visit and put you on a pedestal.

We look forward to you popping in for a staycation in the future,