“Boston at its best.”

Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Boston at its best.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have not been in Boston for over 10 years, we chose the nine zero hotel and we're delighted with the choice. The staff were excellent when we arrived, extremely helpful. T he hotel itself is quirky, you can write messages on the windows in the bar area.
The rooms are well appointed clean and tidy for a city hotel, breakfast was excellent with a good choice.
The hotel is very central not far from Boston common with a subway just down from the hotel, Boston itself is easy to walk around so with the central location of the hotel nothing is too far away.
I would have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone visiting Boston.

Room Tip: A quirky hotel with excellent service, clean and tidy rooms, extremely central for the history of Bo...
Green Features: From what we saw it appeared to have numerous environmentally practices going on.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Donald R,

I’m delighted that you were delighted with our location, breakfast and accommodations.

See you soon,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had one evening in Boston before heading to Provincetown. I was advised to stay near Boston Common so I researched hotels in that area. Having stayed at a Kimpton hotel before and having an outstanding stay, when the Nine Zero came up I looked at it closely.

I arrived around1 pm and my room was actually ready, which was nice. The room was a pretty standard size, one queen size bed and decent size bathroom. Water leaked from the shower door, but other than that, I had no real complaints.

The location is awesome and close to the subway, Boston Common and walking distance to other historic sites. Also a fairly short cab ride to the marina/ferry terminal

Overall, a good stay and I would stay there again at the right price.

Room Tip: 1502 was away from the elevators and though it was on Tremont, it was still pretty quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hello jhklawyer,

I’m glad you enjoyed our central location, and the early check-in. I’m sorry about the shower door issue.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Kirkcudbright, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great location, first visit to the Nine Zero in Boston and the staff made us very welcome and were very helpful , chose to have a breakfast package in our deal and the continental breakfast was excellent lovely fresh fruit and pastries ,lots of fresh juices to choose from .a very nice touch the Hotel does for its guests is wine tasting every night and it is very popular with its guests.
Rooms are very nice and well appointed free WFI .

Room Tip: We were on the seventh floor room was maybe a little on the small side as we had 4cases have since l...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello William,

I’m glad you enjoyed our central location, breakfast and evening wine reception.

We hope you will join us again soon,

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We highly recommend Nine Zero hotel. The location is perfect for visiting Boston. It is a block from Boston Common, on the Freedom Trail, and close to the subway. It is within walking distance to Faneul Hall, the waterfront, and the North End. Our double queen room was clean and comfortable. Some reviews have suggested getting the upgraded room with a view but we were completely satisfied with our standard room. Parking is pricey but better than trying to locate a place to park on your own. No complaints.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rbkmrosen
Hi rbkmrosen,

I was pleased to note you enjoyed our central location, and your accommodations.

We look forward to your next visit,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was the second time in a few weeks we stayed in this hotel and enjoyed each occasion. Great location near Boston Common and a short walk to the Boston Tea Party Museum. Comfortable rooms, really trendy decor. The bed was really comfortable. Generally great service, with the exception of the guys who helped with the bags, they were slow and at times reluctant, which was disappointing as we had a lot of stuff needed on our business meets. We recommend you book directly with the hotel, that way you can book in for the bonus $1 breakfasts and the prices are at least as good as the other booking websites. Overall, nice place and would return,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig02128
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi Craig02128,

I’m glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel and your accommodations. I’m sorry about your experience with our Bellmen who are consistently on point.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back,

Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our first stay at a Kimpton. We chose the Nine Zero Hotel because we had very little time to show Boston to our guests, who stayed there, as well. Its proximity to the main Boston attractions was perfect. Nine Zero had a better reputation than other hotels in the area.

The most outstanding feature of the Nine Zero was the staff. Everyone was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Never have I been so impressed. Concierge support addressed all of my requests with élan. I suggest that you confer with them about using the subway or other forms of public transportation. They will tell you the rates and the price of the tickets to purchase. There were not attendants at the Park Street subway entrance to explain.

The wine served to guests at 5:00 PM was quaffable and provided an opportunity to meet other guests.

The valet parking was $42. The vehicles are safely parked in a garage with an elevator. There was reassuring in view of Boston's reputation in the past for car thefts. The fee was well worth it to me.

The room was fine. Breakfast was surprisingly good. The prices shown on menus in the room are room service rates.

I had some quibbles, however: One server at breakfast handled glasses and cups at the lips. The interior decorating was too avant-garde for my taste, especially the glorified shower curtains on the walls facing the elevators.

In the future, I plan to return to Nine Zero.

Room Tip: Consider if you want a room on the Tremont St. side overlooking the historic Granery Burial Ground o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Tasteful1974,

I’m glad you and your friends enjoyed our central location, found our staff to be very accommodating, and enjoyed sipping some wine with chatting with other guests. I was pleased to note you found your breakfast to be tasty, but I’m sorry about the service faux pas.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Anchorage, Alaska, Usa
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. After traveling 15 hours from the west coast to the east coast, I was worn out and looked it! The front desk woman was awesome! She made me feel very welcomed and even offered me a glass of wine as I had just missed the wine hour by half an hour. I was so happy to get to my room which by the way was lovely. Very clean and a nice size. Nice honor bar with a lot of options. The view from my window was limited as there was a building quite close but that didn't bother me as I was in a very busy city. Every staff member I came across was wonderful, they know customer service. The location is fantastic, so much to do and see and all within walking distance. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank N T
Hello N T,

Wow, that’s a long trip. I am pleased to note our front desk team member was able to get your stay off on the right foot, with a glass of wine, and that you were able to many of the great points of interest from our central location.

We hope to see you again soon,