“A late, but AWESOME review!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“A late, but AWESOME review!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The only unfortunate part of staying at the Nine Zero in June was that it was only for ONE night. My daughter and I stayed the night we flew in before leaving the next day for Worcester. The staff was so cordial and accommodating and the location is great. Since I had joined the Kimpton family, I put my name in for an upgrade at a nominal price and got one. The view was fantastic and the room was wonderful. We actually had breakfast in our room because we wanted to enjoy it as long as we could. Asked for a late checkout--no problem. Upon leaving, cabs could not get to the hotel due to a parade, but again, the staff came to the rescue. The bellmen escorted us one block and took our luggage for us, hailed the cab and loaded our luggage. What more could two Southern ladies ask for?!!! STAY HERE if you ever get the chance. In an upcoming trip, I have reservations at another Kimpton property and can't wait.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hi Sheila B,

I’m glad you and your daughter enjoyed your view room and room service breakfast. I was pleased to note you received a late check-out and received some wonderful assistance from our Bellman.

Take care and see you soon,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall, my wife and I enjoyed Nine Zero. The room was modern and well kept, beds were comfortable and the location is very conveniently located to the train, attractions and just about anywhere you want to go as a tourist. The mini bar was stocked like a mini full bar and there were notes in the room that let you know they would run out & get anything for you that you may have forgotten. The walls seemed a little thin in our room but nothing that kept us up at night. The Highball lounge/bar on the second floor is a very cool place to hang out and play some board games while having a drink and a snack and right next door is the Beantown pub. We would definitely stay here again but the WiFi charge is pretty cheesy. Hotels that are half the price and even those double the price typically don't charge for Wifi anymore. I probably haven't seen a hotel charge this high for Wifi in 10 years. I found out after we stayed here that we could have signed up for a loyalty program to get complimentary Wifi (among other good things) but unfortunately nobody at the hotel mentioned this to us. Also, be aware that this is a pet friendly hotel. I may not have decided to stay here had I known that.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for a street facing room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sneakyright
Hello sneakyright,

I’m glad you enjoyed our modern décor, central location, and Highball Lounge. I am sorry our staff didn’t mention our loyalty program and the complimentary Wifi benefit. When attempting to sign in to our Wifi page, the purchase and join loyalty program options are both listed on the screen.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't think of a better location to stay in Boston. Right along the freedom trail, short walk to a T station, close to the Common, not too far of a walk to Fanuiel Hall or even the North End (if the weather is nice). We have no complaints about the service or our room. Everything was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping did a nice job and the noise from the road below wasn't too loud (its a main street but not too crowded with traffic). We went to the wine hour a few times in a row but they served the same mediocre wine each time so we didn't feel bad that we missed it our last day there. I would highly recommend this Kimpton location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello machita75,

I’m glad you made the most of our central location and enjoyed your clean and comfortable room. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy this month’s wine offering; but perhaps you were able to sample our summer sangria.

We hope to see you again soon,

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My son and I stayed at the Nine Zero Hotel this past weekend and as always were not disappointed. The entire staff is first rate. The Hotel is amazing! We have been to Boston about 12 times and this is the ONLY hotel we stay in when we are in Boston. Because of the service location and the Hotel itself we wouldn't stay anywhere else. They treat you like a member of the family we have never been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi KellyL5858,

I’m thrilled you continually choose to stay with us for our staff and location.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on a visit to Boston. It was a perfect location that was within walking distance to many attractions, including the Freedom Trail and Little Italy. The service was exceptional from everyone who worked there. The corner room was very nice with a nice view. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was beyond our expectations. We would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vtfood
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello Vtfood,

I’m glad you enjoyed our central location near so many of the “must see” places in the city, as well as the excellent service, and breakfast you received.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here with the family for a quick overnight in Boston. Our son wanted to watch the US soccer game. The front desk were fantastic in giving us various options. We then sat with the concierge and discussed further locations for watching the game. Then off to the North end for dinner. We also discussed sightseeing for the following day. My wife wanted to do the Duck tour. The concierge made the reservations and printed out the tickets. She also gave us idea's for walking around the city. We were able to leave our car at the hotel after checkout for a small fee. The rooms were uniquely decorated. It was a fun stay and we will definitely be back for a longer stay to explore more of Boston. Thanks Nine Zero for a great stay...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Hello Happyrocks,

Wow, sounds like you packed a lot into a one night stay! I’m glad Megan our Concierge was there to assist you with all your planning. I was pleased to note you enjoyed the décor of our hotel and had a fun time.

We look forward to your next visit,

Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for my daughters 10th birthday. Once the concierge found out, he had cupcakes, soda and flowers delivered to the room for her! She was so surprised and excited! Loved the modern lobby and room. Very comfy beds. I would definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton club (free) and get free wifi and $10 mini-bar credit!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Hi Amanda,

Happy belated to your daughter! I’m thrilled Thomas our Concierge was able to properly recognize her special occasion. I’m glad you enjoyed our “living room” as we like to call it and your relaxing bed.

We hope to see you again soon,