“Love this hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Shakopee, Minnesota
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at the Nine Zero Hotel in Boston May 24 & 25, 2014. This hotel did not disappoint. Nine Zero is located on the Freedom Trail, perfect location, and you can walk and see so much history! Our room was ready for an early check-in and requested pillows were brought to our room right away. Complimentary wine every evening was a nice perk after walking around Boston all day. Employees were friendly and helpful and we would definitely stay at Nine Zero again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Bobbi S,

I’m glad you found our staff to be accommodating and that you enjoyed our evening hosted wine reception and central location.

Continue the love affair and come back soon!

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new york city
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This Kimpton Hotels property oozes character and style, it's anything but cookie-cutter, thankfully (unlike some of its 4/5 star boring neighbors like the dull Four Seasons and Taj). The lobby, while not large (though neither is the property), is comfy and stylish with a nice wine/happy hour, and the upstairs bar/restaurant buzzes. The rooms are excellently outfitted with terrific beds, linens, toweling and furnishings also featuring a spiffy bathroom (mine had no tub but I prefer large walk-in showers anyway). There's a devil of mini-bar so watch out because it has lots of goodies, I'm glad as a Kimpton member I received a $10 gift card towards it! I'd definitely ask for a room view as they can be spectacular, overlooking the Boston Common, city and park/old church across the street, just make sure you don't get an interior wall facing room, unless you don't care. The property is beautifully kept and chic, very well run and I think a stand out in Boston (I also like the Marlowe on the river in Cambridge - another Kimpton property). The location can't be beat - you can easily walk to dozens of restaurants, shops, Starbucks :) I'll be here again, no doubt about that.

Room Tip: High floor exterior view, 1805 is a stellar corner unit (all of them ending in a 5 are), NOT an inte...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank papi6022
Hello papi6022,

I’m thrilled you enjoyed the décor of the hotel, our evening hosted wine reception and your guest room accommodations.

We look forward to your next visit,

Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nine Zero is located on the Freedom Trail so we simply walked out the door and followed the trail which is a red brick line. Hotel serves coffee in the morning and wine/ cool drinks in the late afternoon each day. Bikes are available for guest. Room very comfortable. Everything within walking distance or the metro is just down the street near Boston Common.

Room Tip: Try not to be at the end of the hall near the ice machine as you will hear people getting ice at all...
Green Features: Good job...green leaders...silver level Towels reused and bed linens remade instead of changed
Hi bberry409,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our central location and amenities such as our lobby beverages and the complimentary guest bicycles.

We look forward to your next visit,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The only unfortunate part of staying at the Nine Zero in June was that it was only for ONE night. My daughter and I stayed the night we flew in before leaving the next day for Worcester. The staff was so cordial and accommodating and the location is great. Since I had joined the Kimpton family, I put my name in for an upgrade at a nominal price and got one. The view was fantastic and the room was wonderful. We actually had breakfast in our room because we wanted to enjoy it as long as we could. Asked for a late checkout--no problem. Upon leaving, cabs could not get to the hotel due to a parade, but again, the staff came to the rescue. The bellmen escorted us one block and took our luggage for us, hailed the cab and loaded our luggage. What more could two Southern ladies ask for?!!! STAY HERE if you ever get the chance. In an upcoming trip, I have reservations at another Kimpton property and can't wait.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi Sheila B,

I’m glad you and your daughter enjoyed your view room and room service breakfast. I was pleased to note you received a late check-out and received some wonderful assistance from our Bellman.

Take care and see you soon,

Babylon, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall, my wife and I enjoyed Nine Zero. The room was modern and well kept, beds were comfortable and the location is very conveniently located to the train, attractions and just about anywhere you want to go as a tourist. The mini bar was stocked like a mini full bar and there were notes in the room that let you know they would run out & get anything for you that you may have forgotten. The walls seemed a little thin in our room but nothing that kept us up at night. The Highball lounge/bar on the second floor is a very cool place to hang out and play some board games while having a drink and a snack and right next door is the Beantown pub. We would definitely stay here again but the WiFi charge is pretty cheesy. Hotels that are half the price and even those double the price typically don't charge for Wifi anymore. I probably haven't seen a hotel charge this high for Wifi in 10 years. I found out after we stayed here that we could have signed up for a loyalty program to get complimentary Wifi (among other good things) but unfortunately nobody at the hotel mentioned this to us. Also, be aware that this is a pet friendly hotel. I may not have decided to stay here had I known that.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for a street facing room.
1 Thank sneakyright
Hello sneakyright,

I’m glad you enjoyed our modern décor, central location, and Highball Lounge. I am sorry our staff didn’t mention our loyalty program and the complimentary Wifi benefit. When attempting to sign in to our Wifi page, the purchase and join loyalty program options are both listed on the screen.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't think of a better location to stay in Boston. Right along the freedom trail, short walk to a T station, close to the Common, not too far of a walk to Fanuiel Hall or even the North End (if the weather is nice). We have no complaints about the service or our room. Everything was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping did a nice job and the noise from the road below wasn't too loud (its a main street but not too crowded with traffic). We went to the wine hour a few times in a row but they served the same mediocre wine each time so we didn't feel bad that we missed it our last day there. I would highly recommend this Kimpton location.

Hello machita75,

I’m glad you made the most of our central location and enjoyed your clean and comfortable room. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy this month’s wine offering; but perhaps you were able to sample our summer sangria.

We hope to see you again soon,

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My son and I stayed at the Nine Zero Hotel this past weekend and as always were not disappointed. The entire staff is first rate. The Hotel is amazing! We have been to Boston about 12 times and this is the ONLY hotel we stay in when we are in Boston. Because of the service location and the Hotel itself we wouldn't stay anywhere else. They treat you like a member of the family we have never been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi KellyL5858,

I’m thrilled you continually choose to stay with us for our staff and location.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon,