“Another great Kimpton experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Another great Kimpton experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I always enjoy Kimpton hotels. The amenities are always superb and our room was very comfortable. The location is excellent as well. The attention Kimpton pays to details is something that distinguishes them from other hotel chains. I only had one issue, I'm a connoisseur of nice shoes and one evening the valet staff made me feel uncomfortable when they were impolite about my outfit. The rest of the staff was helpful though. I would stay here again.

Green Features: Kimpton is always environmentally aware, a very nice plus with the group.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello JLM235,

I’m glad you liked our central location and your accommodations. Please accept my apologies about the fashion comment which I have addressed.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rochester NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Location is approximately equidistant between the Back Bay and all the other locations for tourism in Boston. Our room was spotless we clean and quite modern. Not overly large but fine for city standards. We ran with the manager on Tuesday morning 3 miles along the Charles River. That was a real treat. The staff bend over backwards to make us happy. Highly recommended.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Visit-upstate-NY
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello again Visit-upstate-NY,

I’m glad you enjoyed our central location and your accommodations. It was a pleasure running and chatting with you as well, and hopefully we can try for 5 miles next time.

See you soon,

Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed a quick two nights at very end of July, a bit of a birthday celebration. Ok so Mother Nature cooperated with cloudless skies, cool nights, warm breezy days. Nine Zero is Kimpton with the quirks we would expect (that's good) and location that can't be beaten! If the buildings weren't in the way, I could hit a golf ball to the Boston Common (well, maybe I couldn't but you probably could!). It truly offered a great and convenient base for exploring virtually every quarter of the city.

Room Tip: High is good if you want a cityscape
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RegelC
Hello RegelC,

Sounds like you know your Kimpton Hotels. I’m glad you were able to utilize us a home base for all of your sightseeing needs.

We’re here when you are ready to do some more exploring,

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed five nights while we visited Boston. The location of this hotel cannot be beat. It is directly across from The Boston Garden and Red subway station. You can walk The Freedom Trail (right across the street), Faneuil Hall and many other attractions. The hotel is modern with a very nice, helpful, friendly staff. The room was fantastic...with a gorgeous bathroom, nice beds and bedding and free wifi. It was quiet and comfortable. Every afternoon there is free wine, water, and soft drinks in the lobby. In the morning, delicious free french press coffee. We absolutely enjoyed ourselves at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank mamagirl31
Hello mamagirl31,

I am so pleased that you made the most of our central location, enjoyed your accommodations and made time for our evening wine receptions.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Nine Zero is a terrific option for staying in Boston. Its location can't be beat-- right off the Boston Commons and near to Faneuil Hall, easy walking distance to Copley Square and Newberry Street and also to the North End and the waterfront, and close by several T stations-- really you can get anywhere from here. We ended up staying in two different rooms (more of that later) and both were almost luxurious. Beautiful decor, every thoughtful amenity (yoga mats, umbrellas, first time I almost wanted to actually buy the robe), a truly wonderful bathroom with enough towels and a great shower. And really nice public spaces-- lobby is small but nice, and it had delicious water with fruit in it, a great wine reception with a big game screen for my son. Also has a nice cocktail lounge with a cool games theme at night.

I had a difficult check in-- my third party booking wasn't clear about our needs and I arrived tired and kind of cranky. The staff couldn't make the proper room appear, but they did everything possible to make us happy (thanks again, Rachael). They could do a little better suggesting restaurants, but are consistently pleasant and helpful with tours and suggestions. All I can say is Klimpton does it again-- BRAVO for this chain!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Imabroadwaybaby
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi Imabroadwaybaby,

It appears you did go just about anywhere and everywhere in the city! I’m glad you enjoyed the design of the hotel and our amenities like the Wii during our wine reception. I was pleased Rachel was able to get your guest room situation resolved. We will ensure the team does a better job sharing restaurant experiences amongst themselves.

We look forward to your next visit,

Chcago, Ill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

A perfect place from which to enjoy the beautiful city of Boston. Just a block away from the Common, steps away from the T (subway), and close to the airport. The room was spacious (2 Queens and plenty of space otherwise), clean, and nicely appointed. The service was timely and very pleasant. I'd definitiely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Leilaluisa
Hi Leilaluisa,

I’m glad you made the most of our central location and found our staff to be accommodating. I was pleased to note you found your accommodations to provide ample room for your needs.

We look forward to your return visit,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My daughter and her husband just celebrated their first wedding anniversary in Boston. Living in Chicago and not able to be there while they enjoyed this great milestone (not that they would want their mother to be anyway) I wanted to do something nice for them. I was told by several of my friends how wonderful the Nine Zero was so I booked a Boston Skyline Suite for them. I called the hotel in advance to pay for the room and to have some champagne awaiting them in their room. The hotel and the concierge, Megan B could not have been nicer or more accommodating. She made sure all of my arrangements made long distance were taken care of. When my daughter and son in law arrived, they were blown away by the wonderful surprise and the manner in which they were greeted. Since I had asked to make sure they were well taken care of, little did any of us know about the "total" Kimpton experience. Since the Cloud Nine penthouse suite was not rented that weekend, the hotel took it upon themselves to upgrade them. I can only tell you that they were on Cloud Nine for their first anniversary. The room was magnificent and needless to say, they could not have been happier nor I more satisfied with the long distance care I received. You can bet I am staying at the Nine Zero on my next visit to Boston. And, did I mention how comfortable the bed was and how nice the lounge was. My son in law told my daughter as they were leaving "well that is a weekend I"ll never forget and hope I can live long enough to stay in such luxury again". #kimtponrocks #ninezero

Room Tip: Corner rooms have great views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Rkrie2155
Hello Rkrie2155,

I’m thrilled your daughter and your son-in-law had such a fantastic one year anniversary with us. Yes, our Cloud 9 suite is pretty sweet! I was very pleased to share your feedback with Megan.

Cheers,