“Yeah, this place is great”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Omaha, NE
“Yeah, this place is great”
Reviewed 28 August 2009

OK, so the 24-hour long techno music and modern looking furniture in the lobby was fun, if not a bit much, but overall this is a great hotel. You can tell that these guys try to do their best - a rarity in the US. They clearly are watching lots of little details. Great location for a tourist, near the subway, near the park, near the State Capital building, across the street from a very old cemetery where Paul Revere is buried, etc. Hotel was clean. Free WiFi was great and they also have cabled internet just in case. Nice soft bedding and pillows. Nice furnishings. Friendly staff. Parking was $38 per day but that's par for this location in Boston. I was only there for 1 day and didn't get to enjoy the 5 p.m. wine but I"m sure that this would be fun. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
indianapolis
Reviewed 25 August 2009

This is a cool boutique style hotel. Very attractive facilities and rooms. Excellent location for walking the historic trail. Friendly complimentary wine-beer reception in early evening. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
Dear dogloverIndianapolis,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Nine Zero Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the location and the amenities, particularly the evening wine reception! I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon.
new york
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I was really looking forward to this stay. I travel to Boston frequently but have never stayed at Nine Zero. I have stayed at other Kimpton properties so I have pretty high expectations. I found this to be the worst of the Kimptons that I have had the pleasure of experiencing.

1) The rooms are small...which isn't a huge deal since I don't spend much time in the rooms.
2) The A/C in my room was ineffective. I had the A/C set to the coldest temperature but the room was very warm, even at night. I woke up several times each night because I was so hot. I had to sleep on top of the sheets and blankets.
3) The towels in the rooms are really thin and hard....they are in dire need of replacement.
4) The wifi went out for about 12 hours during the stay and there is no wired option that I could find. Luckily, I brought a cable to tether my computer to my Blackberry. When I first arrived to my room, the wifi worked. But, after returning from dinner, I had a signal and my computer said I was "Connected," but I couldn't get on any sites. Mid-day on Saturday the wifi magically returned. (I am pretty tech experienced, so I know what I was doing.)
5) The service was friendly but, at times, incompetent. I called down for a few items that were promised and not delivered without second calls 45 minutes-1 hour later.
6) The hotel is really looking worn and soiled. The carpeting in the public areas is littered with lots of stains.

On the flip side, I liked the Aveda products. And, the location is very convenient to the Govt. Center and Park Ave. T stops. But, overall, a pretty disappointing stay relative to other Kimpton experiences.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We stayed here four nights with our two kids, 8 and 11. Excellent location walking distance from all of downtown Boston's historical sites--Faneuil Hall, Public Garden, Boston Commons, the North End. And the Granary Burial ground is across the street; you can't sleep much closer to more famous 18th-century Americans! The hotel staff was warm, friendly and helpful. Rooms are not large, but they are well appointed, sparkling clean, and comforting. And you don't spend time sitting in your hotel room in this amazing city, so the fact that the rooms are not sprawlingly huge didn't matter. The hotel is a short walk from a T station, which will get you everywhere else you need to go in the city--for example, we took the T to Kenmore Square to see the Red Sox and to Cambridge to walk around Harvard Square. Will certainly stay here again on our next visit to Boston.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Dear bakio,
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us at the Nine Zero Hotel! We appreciate your great feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you got to soak in all of the great history Boston is known for. Thanks again; we look forward to your next visit!
New York
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Lovely hotel, well located! try to check out a restaurant nearby, Mantra. especially on Friday night, around 10.30, the restaurant turns into a nightclub

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Dallas
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We stayed here (my wife, 17 year old son, and I) for 3 nights. Very nice location - walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go. Very clean, somewhat trendy hotel. Small lobby and only 2 elevators, but the room was clean and pretty, and the hotel was quiet but still fun. Nice amenities and a reasonable rate. Overall an excellant place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Preston, UK
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Friendly, helpfull service. Well designed, attractive room. Well located for many of the sights and the subway.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple