“Spot on - great stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Spot on - great stay!”
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Perfect balance between what you need for business - big desk, comfy work chair, close to office, all-night room menu - and what you need to feel like being someplace fun and special - great lobby, fun room, grest service.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of staying at your beautiful hotel this past weekend. We have stayed in many fine hotels in the US and Europe. The physical beauty of your hotel is matched by the quality of your wonderful staff. Absolutely everyone we encountered was friendly, polite and intent on making our stay as pleasurable as possible. It is nice to be acknowledged - the staff looks at you and says hello! They truly seem to enjoy their jobs . The hotel is ideally located for people who like to put their car away for the weekend. The theater district, Boston Commons, shopping and the "T" are within a few blocks. We will be returning to Boston over the next years since we now have a son living there and we will definitely stay at Nine Zero.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I stayed at Nine Zero for the first time recently. I live only about an hour and half away but had a seminar to attend an thought I would stay overnight instead of fighting traffic. First of all, the hotel is very chic. I do really like boutique hotels and this one hit the mark. Secondly, the staff was very friendly (and the wine helped!), thirdly the room was great and was truly a great value in Boston.

But the service....I was alerted while having a drink the the lounge, that my car key had been misplaced. It was still missing in the morning but I was given a free breakfast and then met with manager and the valet supervisor who were willing to do anything to resolve the issue. They offered a rental and get me a new key or driving to my house to get my key, which the valet supervisor intended to do. Off I went to my seminar, walked back to the hotel, and my key had been found so crisis averted. I would only imagine if I had stayed at a large, chain hotel this kind of attention and concern would not have happened.

I can say a lot for the hotel, location, and value but I think the staff makes such a huge difference. I will surely stay here again (and maybe bring the family along next time!)

Connecticut
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Right on the Freedom Trail and a short walk to many historical sites, this hotel was the perfect overnight stay while in Boston to celebrate Valentine's Day. The staff was helpful and accommodating. We were even offered a glass of wine when we arrived!

• Stayed February 2011
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Traveled to Boston for meetings at the State House. Nine Zero was close by and so lovely. The room was perfectly appointed, clean and comfortable and the staff couldn't have been nicer. They had a wine and chocolate reception the evening I was there and I met the most interesting people. Even met a well behaved dog! Being fond of animals, this was a highlight of my trip. Will definitely go back to Nine-Zero!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Hi Kitch40,

I am glad you picked the perfect hotel to stay in Boston for your meetings! Did you know as a business traveler you are eligible for around 10% off our best available rates for free as a part of our global business program? You should definitely look into this for your next stay with us. We usually have a pet guest but please bring your own if you have one! Kimpton pet-sitting services are very popular… Thanks for your great review!
Georgia
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Exhausted from a conference, all I wanted was a room away from noise and with a tub. The first room didn't have a tub, so they moved me. Then the second room was adjacent to the ice machine and I was only hearing people getting ice outside my door. Unfortunately the hotel was completely booked aside from these last two rooms, so the staff couldn't switch me again. I departed for dinner a bit bummed about the room to which I would be returning later in the night. Upon returning, I immediately saw candles and bath soaking salts in my room with a note from the front desk giving apologies for my room and wishing me a relaxing stay.
On night two, they moved me to a quieter room but one without a tub (apparently not a ton of tubs available). Again, the front desk seemed truly sorry they couldn't give me the perfect room. Within an hour, a knock came at the door with a staffer bringing me a bottle of wine, chocolates and chocolate-covered strawberries and another hand-written note apologizing for my room and wishing me an enjoyable evening.
Both rooms were very nice, but just not exactly what I wanted. However the front desk staff went above and beyond with these nice touches to make my stay more comfortable and relaxing.
Regardless of the room I'm given, I'll stay at Nine Zero any time I'm back to Boston! The hotel's location is ideal as well. And the restaurant KO has a delicious breakfast (eggs Benedict specifically yummy).

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Because of recent business trips, I have stayed in about 4 business-level hotels (4 and 4.5 star) in Boston in the past few months. I loved this hotel! I would stay here again in a second.
Here's why: Excellent service. It actually reminded me of an elegant European hotel with polished, low-key but truly outstanding service. Sending a fax at 2 am? No problem. Arranging a car service to the suburbs? No problem, and even a question on budget considerations. Local recommendations? Yup, they had it. Fast, free internet, well-designed room that was small but with a nice overlook to a park (actually a historic cemetery but I thought it was a park during my stay). These folks have not only been trained to have a personal touch but they execute it, from top to bottom. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are library-quiet, bathroom was small (only shower) but functional. I can highly recommend this property. Plus the $199 rate I paid was an unbelievable deal for the value of this stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business