“Tripadvisor reviewers hit the nail on the head with this place”
Review of Roast Beast

Roast Beast
Ranked #770 of 3,227 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Everett, Massachusetts
“Tripadvisor reviewers hit the nail on the head with this place”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Been writing a few reviews on tripadvisor for a while & finally decided to read other ones,so I came across one on Roast Beast in Brookline and just happening to be in Brookline around lunch time I said why not.OMG these guys are a diamond in the rough. After walking down a small flight of stairs you walk into a small Immaculate room, menu is a little confusing but the guys behind the counter are very willing to help you out.Big ,tender roast beef sandwich on a grilled onion roll,I had lettuce & tomato on it & it was tremendous,Oh ,did I mention the BEAST sauce ,I don't know what's in it but they should bottle it & sell it they would make I killing. I guess I'll continue to read other tripadvisors reviews cause they hit the nail on the head with this one.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mark J

Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Excellent Roast Beef sandwich”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It's just a little hole in the ground, but what an amazing product. Although there are other items on the menu, the roast beef sandwich is so good, I have really not tried the other sandwiches (chicken, turkey, pulled pork). It is an excellent roast beef! I usually have it with beast sauce (homemade bbq sauce), horseradish sauce (milder than the pure horseradish...but they have that too for the daring) and sauteed onions....yum! Easily accessible via the B branch of the Green Line. Worth the trouble.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Smiles3usa
St. Augustine, Florida
“good sandwiches”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It is really popular for roast beef sandwiches.. I ordered turkey breast sandwich to see if other deli meats are as good as roast beef. Yup it is! Very thick sandwich= very satisfying.. I left pleased.. This spot is small but enough. The service is quick and productive. I noticed many men come to this restaurant for big hearty sandwich but as a woman, I don't mind!

• Visited June 2014
Cleveland, OH
“Want roast beef? Come on down..”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Arrived at my hotel and decided to walk around the neighborhood to find some lunch. I spotted Roast Beast (they have a big mat in front with the name/logo) and decided to give it a shot. Walked down the steps into a small, simple place, Probably 7 or 8 stools and a counter if you decide to dine in.

They have a wide variety of creative roast beef sandwiches, or you can create your own delectable delight. The guys at the counter were great, they answered all my questions, and I opted for one of the best sellers which included the "secret Beast sauce" and spicy pickles on their signature onion roll.

Great fresh tasting sandwich, with a myriad of great flavors. In fact, when I was done I mentioned to one of the counter guys that my sandwich was so good I probably could eat another.

Next time in Boston, I will definitely eat another! Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2014
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Excellent Roast Beef”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I work in the area and decided to have lunch at Roast Beast with some coworkers. I was pleasantly surprised to see the variety of sandwiches, spreads, and combinations available. The food was served quickly and was delicious. Roast Beast is located in a basement and there are only a few seats, but it is a neighborhood hot spot.

• Visited November 2013