“Get off the Dock and Into the Boat!”

Boston Harbor Mini Speed Boats, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain your own mini speedboat as you navigate Boston Harbor while following our knowledgeable instructor. During your excursion you’ll pass many historical sites such as; the Tea Party Ship and Museum, USS Constitution, Nantucket Light Ship, JFK Library, Fort Independence and many more harbor sites. The adventure starts out nice and slow, this will give you time to get familiar with the boat and its operation. Once we pass the no wake zone, it’s time to pick up the speed and have some FUN as we navigate our way to JFK library, Fort Independence and pass many small islands. On the return, we’ll once again enter the no wake zone and view the Nantucket Light Ship, USS Constitution, Charlestown Navy Yard and Boston’s iconic Zakim Bridge. It’s the most unique way to see Boston…it’s PURE FUN! Bring your camera and cherish the memories. We have a limited number of boats for each adventure, don’t miss out…reserve your boat soon.
JEFFERSON CITY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Get off the Dock and Into the Boat!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Loved this activity! What a different perspective of Boston, and if you like speed, what fun! I had never driven any kind of boat, but the tour guide Mike gave a great explanation, and I had no difficulty, even when going fast and plowing through waves out in the open water. At 90 minutes, the tour gives you so much time to leisurely enjoy the harbor, then hit the open water down to and from the JFK library before getting back in the no-wake zone for more sightseeing before returning to the starting point. The August afternoon was chillier than my husband and I expected so I caution you to overdress with jacket, long sleeves, etc.; you can always leave excess clothing, backpacks, etc., with the office while out in the boats. You will get wet (so again, dress appropriately), but you will dry off before you get back to land. When you sign up, do so with an expectation of fun, speed, sightseeing, getting a little wet, and you will have a great time!

3 Thank lammac

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Boston mini speedboats are awesome”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I had so much fun while on my mini speed boat. I was splashed and tossed around from the wake of other boats. The boston mini speed boats were awesome.

1 Thank Lstali
Whitman, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My daughter and I took the mini speedboat tour and we had a BLAST!! To be honest, I was a bit nervous before the tour because I had never driven a boat, but it wasn't very difficult, I picked it up very quickly. As we left the docks, the first 15 minutes was nice and slow, which helped my comfort level. The tour lasted about an 1 1/2 hours...well worth the money. My daughter and I will be back next year.

3 Thank Bob F
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time, fun experience great people”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We spent yesterday afternoon on the harbor touring and speeding around Boston Harbor seeing sights you just cannot see from land.

I captained on boat and my daughters the other and it was safe, fun and adventurous.

I highly recommend this service and this experience when you are in Boston.

2 Thank michael m
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“THIS IS A MUST DO!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I recently took this tour with my 13 year old son, and we had the best time out on the boats. The tour starts off kind of slow so you can get used to driving a boat if you never have before and then after about half an hour we got to pick up the speed! Now these boats are only 13 ft long and the tour guide said to us we go about 25mph but it felt so much faster being so low to the water! Cody our tour guide was very knowledgeable and funny with some witty jokes. I am recommending this to all my friends it was that much fun!

Visited July 2014