“Great steak.”

Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 3,275 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$48
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Description: Enjoy Waterfront Luxury at Our Second Boston Location. Join us at the newest Smith & Wollensky restaurant at 294 Congress Street. The location is part of Boston Properties’ prestigious Atlantic Wharf project located between the new Rose Kennedy Greenway and historic Boston Harbor. Offering a breathtaking waterfront view, the 10,000-square-foot space includes a full-service raw oyster bar. The outdoor patio, bar and lounge add to the restaurant's unique Harbor experience. The European-style exposition kitchen provides culinary entertainment while lush furnishings of wood and leather create a cozy and inviting interior retreat. The restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Service was excellent and the food was great. Just around the corner from my hotel - so it was easy and convenient.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Really wish the weather was better, would have like to be outside more, and that I had to go home. Service was great and my steak was just perfect.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had Easter Dinner at this place and it could not have been better. The food was really good. The service pleasant and prompt. The setting was just right for a family dinner. Beware, the place is pricey, but I knew that going in. We spent a lot, and were totally satisfied.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was invited here by a local colleague and found the place easily, right by the Boston Tea Party tourist centre on the Waterfront. Welcomed by Irish manager Dave we settled down to fresh homemade bread, drinks and the best burger I have enjoyed in years. Not cheap but still great value, great atmosphere, perfect for working lunches, but sitting outside would have been great with the missus. We had a couple of beers afterwards while watching sports at the outside bar, great selection of craft ales and heated bar if the weather requires. Just all round excellent, well worth a visit, especially for some of the best staff and service anywhere.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My wife and I went during restaurant week. I have found a few steakhouses seem overwhelmed during this time and the quality suffers greatly.

We ordered off the restaurant week menu as well as 2 side dishes from the main menu.

The appetizers:
Pea Soup- Not great, overly salted and not a great aftertaste
Wedge Salad- Pretty good, I liked the dressing and large pieces of bacon

Side dishes-
Creamed Spinach- Just average, nothing more to say about it
Hash browns- Came out stone cold, only the edges were warm due to the hot plate they were sitting on. Its a huge amount and crusty top part is good, but the huge middle portion is just plain potatoes with some seasoning. Not great and of course cold is not good.

Steak-
We both got fillets. I ordered mine rare, my wife medium rare. Both were way overcooked. Mine was between medium-rare and medium as was hers. I also got mine oscar style (bernaise sauce, aspargus and crab meat). The crab meat was very cold. The fillet wasn't a normal round shape so the sides that were smaller got WAY overcooked.

Dessert-
Chocolate and Coconut cake. We both enjoyed the desserts, but they were nothing special.

We brought all the issues up to our server (Evan I think was his name). He was extremely apologetic and offered to get us a new side dish, replace the steaks etc. We declined, since the steak while overcooked was still edible. The server was polite, attentive and took one of the steaks off the bill which we didn't request but appreciated.

I expect much better quality for a top steakhouse but understand that during restaurant week everything suffers.

1  Thank Sburr17