“Wonderfull Dinner! Fantastic meat & dessert” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf

Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Description: Enjoy Waterfront Luxury at Our Second Boston Location. Join us at the newest Smith & Wollensky restaurant at 294 Congress Street. The location is part of Boston Properties’ prestigious Atlantic Wharf project located between the new Rose Kennedy Greenway and historic Boston Harbor. Offering a breathtaking waterfront view, the 10,000-square-foot space includes a full-service raw oyster bar. The outdoor patio, bar and lounge add to the restaurant's unique Harbor experience. The European-style exposition kitchen provides culinary entertainment while lush furnishings of wood and leather create a cozy and inviting interior retreat. The restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner.
Berlin, Germany
“Wonderfull Dinner! Fantastic meat & dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great evening at S&W. After a walking day in Boston we were ready for great steaks and we got them! The sides are really large sized, so better follow the advice of your waiter;-)!
After we saw the incredible tasty looking chocolate cake at our neighbors table we couldn't resist and neither should you. It was the best dessert I had for a long time: extremely yummy and not too sweet (quite rare for me as a European in the US). Try it, it's a sin well spent!
Thanks and a double thumbs up to "Jan" and his team!

Naples, Florida
“Another Bad Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

After a horrible experience a year ago we gave this place another try. The service was poor, the waitstaff were not knowledgeable about their food and not attentive whatsoever. My dinner arrived cold and overcooked. The deserts arrived half melted-as if they were plated 15 minutes before serving (not a good idea for ice cream). I should have known better after our previous experience where we needed to use the telephone to ask the staff to bring us menus and send a waiter over.....after waiting 25 minutes! The overall food quality is also lacking and needs improvement!

4 Thank pierre n
Cork, Ireland
“Superb Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really good steaks. Very expensive but good atmosphere, good wine list and overall to be recommended.

1 Thank Allezlesrouges
Weston, Massachusetts
“Service Fine, Food Average and Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We dined outside and the surroundings were very pleasant. On a nice evening I would highly recommend it. The service from the hostess, our waiter and other waiters and servers who tended to our table was excellent. They were very attentive. It appears a waiter is assigned to a table, but at any given time another waiter will step in to make sure items are brought to the table in a timely manner.

An example of the service how the waiter handled my beverage. I ordered a Guinness which they serve from the pub can. When I tasted it the beer was not really cold. At one point as I was almost finished our waiter asked if I would like another. I told him I would when my entrée came, but that the beer was not too cold. He said he would put one on ice now so it would be colder when it was served. Sure enough the second one was served cold, and when I received the bill I saw that there was no charge for the first one.

Unfortunately, the food was not up to the standard of the service. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but neither was it distinguished in any way. I had the veal chop and my wife had the filet Oscar, for a side we shared the wild mushrooms. We didn't have any complaints about either dish other than that they were just average in quality. My dish was priced at $47 and hers at $52. I have quite literally paid half that amount for equal or even better quality similar dishes.

And I don't understand why they think bigger vegetables are better. Most of our mushrooms were huge, and the table next to us had asparagus the size of telephone poles. Bigger is not better, bigger is tougher. Give me small and tender mushrooms and asparagus.

So we will not return simply because we can get equal (and sometimes better) quality food at significantly reduced prices.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Food was pricey but good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We sat outside and it was a nice atmosphere. The burgers were good but I was told I could not substitute anything for the frenchfries so that was a bummer.