“Great Texas BBQ in Boston!”
Review of Sweet Cheeks Q

Sweet Cheeks Q
Ranked #35 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Boston, MA
“Great Texas BBQ in Boston!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Food is excellent, good value for Boston and great atmosphere. Food is filling and portions are large. My husband and I shared one platter and still have enough left for another meal. We definitely would like to return.

• Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Very very good”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We went right before a Sox game expecting it to be jammed, but it wasn't. Food was superb, great BBQ choices. Good selection of beers. Service was excellent. Server was knowledgable about the menu and the beer. Price was reasonable.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was so excited to see that they opened for brunch on Marathon Monday! I've been many times and recommend seeking it out if you are visiting Boston. They do take reservations - a wise choice if there is a game at Fenway. The food is fabulous amd they have a large beer list. Don't skip getting a bucket of biscuits to share. Careful how much you order - it can be a lot of food. My favorite thing is that i don't like the cold sides so they let you get two hot ones - I always double up on the mac and cheese.

The ladies room is a tribute to Dolly Parton. So fun.

• Visited April 2014
Santa Clara, CA
“GREAT Food In Festive Environment”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Last week my Dad and I visited Boston to attend some baseball games at Fenway Park. When we visit various parks we like to try various restaurants. This time we decided to give Sweet Cheeks Q a try. Sweet Cheeks is a fun Texas style BBQ. They have various selections of meats and sides. Meals are served on trays and drinks are served in mason jars. On our visit we tried the brisket and pork ribs. Both were really tasty. The pork ribs were some of the best I have had at a restaurant. The baked beans were my favorite sides of the ones we tried.

One gripe was that it was VERY VERY loud. Yeah, it was festive but it got so loud inside that we could not hear ourselves talk and we were sitting at a small 2 person table. They had outdoor seating...maybe we should have taken that one.

My only other complaint was that our service was spotty. Initially we got a lot of attention then later on we had to hunt down our waiter to get our check. Fine...not great service.

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not worth the effort. Should change name to the "Salt Lick"”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very disappointing. If it wasn't for the biscuits it would have been a complete waste of time and money.
Appetizers were poor, hush puppies over cooked and Okra had no taste. Brisket was all fat and tasted like too much salt. Ribs were just a minor OK, but too much salt.

Very disappointing for a place that we had heard so many nice things about. Need to go back to the drawing board and throw away the salt shaker.

• Visited May 2014