“Amazing!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Little piece of Texas right down the street from Fenway BBQ was great bucket of biscuits even better!!!! Will definitely be back again!

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Nuremberg, Germany
“Great BBQ Place”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went to Sweet Cheeks near Fenway. The menu lets you mix and match anything you want. The meat was just great and had lots of taste. The sides to choose from hold something for everyone. I liked the fried green tomatoes as a starter. Very yummy!

Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Award winning BBQ"”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Authentic mouthwatering sustainably raised, all natural Black Angus beef brisket and New England farm ribs and pulled pork. BBQ tender, juicy, falling off the bones focus of the menu. Sides are local grown farm products. Fantastic biscuits with delicious whipped butter. Full menu of beer and wine. Ice tea served in easy to hold jars. Prices are a good value, service was excellent and friendly. The restaurant is a great location in the Fenway.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Just OK”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Eh. I expected more. I believe this restaurant is owned by a former Top Chef competitor. I love barbecue and after reading a magazine article about this place a while back, I decided I would eat there if I ever got the chance.

I ordered hush puppies to start. I'll admit, living in the Northeast does not afford me a lot of opportunities to eat hush puppies and I'm not really sure how they're supposed to taste, but there is a local (to me) restaurant that makes some that I like, so I had high expectations for these. They were ok, though I thought there was a bit too much black pepper in them. They were served with a sauce that I really disliked. Butter milk or some kind of sour cream sauce, maybe? For my entree, I ordered a pulled pork platter, along with potato salad and baked beans. The pork had a nice smoky flavor, though I wouldn't say it was outstanding. I did not really care for the two different barbecue sauces I tried. They were both made with a lot of vinegar. I would have preferred one of them to be a little sweeter and thicker. The beans were good, with big chunks of meat, and the potato salad was good (not great). Large chunks of potatoes and obviously homemade. I also ordered a lemonade which seemed homemade, though I prefer mine a little sweeter. I opted not to spend any money on dessert as I just wasn't impressed enough with the rest of the meal to bother. Service was pretty slow. The lemonade was $4.50, the hush puppies around like $7-8, and the platter around $18-19. The portions were very generous. After tip and tax it was around $37, which just seemed overall to be a little steep for one person. But maybe that's just me. I wouldn't bother to go back unless I was in the area and REALLY craving BBQ.

Boston, MA
“Great Texas BBQ in Boston!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Food is excellent, good value for Boston and great atmosphere. Food is filling and portions are large. My husband and I shared one platter and still have enough left for another meal. We definitely would like to return.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Sweet Cheeks Q? Share your experiences!