“A First to Be Repeated on the Water at Constitution Marina” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Constitution Marina's Bed & Breakfast Afloat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Constitution Marina's Bed & Breakfast Afloat
Ranked #13 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“A First to Be Repeated on the Water at Constitution Marina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Boston had amazing weather through the full moon in September, bringing high tides and bright nights.

If you haven't stayed here before, I recommend taking the water taxi from Logan airport for the inbound ride to appreciate Boston from the water. $20pp, so a regular taxi is cheaper back to the airport for a group larger than 1.

I stayed in Port, and as others have described, is a studio room afloat with a great deck, chairs and umbrella. It is eastern facing and is slightly shaded in the afternoon - ideal.

The service was fantastic and the instructions to get there were perfect and very uncomplicated. I look forward to visiting again when they re-open in the spring.

Charlestown, the local area, is very interesting for local walks and has the famed Bunker Hill monument.

Take an extra day or two when in Boston and wander to this side of the city for a unique experience on the water!

Room Tip: Suggest Port with the eastern exposure.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Niblik2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

This B&B has several houseboats permanently docked at the Constitution Marina in Boston. We stayed in the one named Port. It was a one-bedroom studio with full bath. Microwave, A/C, refrigerator. No oven, because of regulations, but we didn't want it anyway.

The setup was compact and comfortable. The boat rose and fell with the tide, rocking us to sleep. The USS Constitution is visible from the dock. We chose this particular boat because of the porch and deck, shown in the picture. We sat out at night, watching the full moon, and talking.

The whole experience was marvelous. We'd do it again in a hearteat!

Room Tip: Each boat is docked separately, with other boats moored around it. If you need more than one, be sur...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Great night on the Port. It has all of the conveniences of a hotel room but you are on a small house boat we loved it especially the very gentle rocking not enough to make your stomach turn. But just enough to make you sleep well

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank millytheschnauzer
Acton, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We spent two nights on Port in August. The houseboat is small, very clean and the bed is very comfortable. There is a tub, which surprised me - I expected there to only be a shower. The people in charge were friendly and helpful, and the boat owners ranged from polite to friendly. Sitting out on the - what do you call it? - deck? patio? - was lovely. Big whiskey barrels of flowers (with tons of butterflies!)

We did end up needing motion sickness pills, which surprised me. (I recommend Bonine - doesn't make me sleepy or make me feel drugged in anyway.) I'm sure not everyone needs them, but if you have any doubts, you might want to take them with you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RosaActon_MA
Lexington, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I stayed on the Casita and loved it. Spacious and fancy it isn't, but it is clean, very safe feeling and nice. The novelty was worth it and we loved staying on the water. The quick walk to North Station was more than could have hoped for. Plus we were in town (coincidentally) for the USS Constitution's Birthday and the Charles River Regatta so the stay was all the better. We will definitely look at staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sam R
Mystic, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

We stayed two nights early Oct. 2011 in the Lady and the Coach, booking both rooms for $349/night total, one for me and my husband, the other for my dad, and letting my six year old sleep on the couch in the living room.

Check in was a little stress-inducing, since when I arrived the office was locked and I couldn't find anybody. I paniced. I then bumped into a marina tenant that explained that the marina personnel were on the docks and would be back shortly.

Also problematic was that there was a game going on at a nearby stadium, so the marina parking lot attendant was requiring cash up front, when we had been told it would be $22/night payable at the end of the stay. They wouldn't let us enter the parking lot without paying cash up front. So, my husband waited with our car at the nearby Marriott parking lot until I sorted it out with the marina personnel who had a discussion with the parking lot attendants.

At first my daughter was disappointed that she didn't get her own bed and had to be in the living room...but I demonstrated that it was just wide enough for her to sleep, and that if she wouldn't fuss, we would buy her ice cream from the ice cream shop that was only a couple of blocks away from the marina.

Plenty of linens were provided, and it was clean and tidy and cheerful with nautically themed decor. It was equipped with a coffee maker and microwave. Otherwise cooking wasn't allowed. The boat was spacious (it must be owned by a basketball coach) with high ceilings so we didn't have to stoop while walking around. Each bedroom had its own shower. I took short showers, so we never ran out of hot water. Cooking isn't allowed, but Little Italy is just a short walk across the bridge for great atmosphere and food. The neighborhood it was located in was safe and pretty to walk through and we never used our car during our stay.

At night the marina was quiet, and the view of downtown was fantastic from the pilot's chair. We had great weather, which made the experience even more ideal.

The breakfast we had at the nearby coffee shop, using the complimentary vouchers, was good, fast and convenient.

We missed the last water taxi on our last night, so we had to walk all the way from Faneuil Hall, but we were able to get through the ordeal by letting our six year old play in the numerous fountains on the way back, and giving her a ride on the carousel. It was a fortunate hardship, because Little Italy was brightly lit and packed with beautiful people to watch.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CSovereign
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Friendly greeting with helpful tips on getting around. Free parking. Quiet at night for sleeping. Good breakfast at local deli. It was different and perfect for us.

• Stayed August 2011