“A safe slip in the storm.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Constitution Marina's Bed & Breakfast Afloat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Constitution Marina's Bed & Breakfast Afloat
Ranked #13 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Canaan, New York
“A safe slip in the storm.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed sailing into the inner harbor of Boston after days of exploring the harbor islands. Constitution Marina provided a nice respite for a couple of days with fine amenities like showers, ice, showers, a pool, grills, friendly and obliging staff, and a perfect location to go out and explore the city. It is well worth the $3 per foot for a slip.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed on the Port for a weekend in October. It got a little rocky during times, so I would not recommend it for someone who gets motion sick easily. I was impressed with the water pressure, and was excited to try the jetted tub in the bathroom. Although the pressure is good, it doesn't stay hot for very long. We ran out of hot water before the tub was even filled over the jets, so we couldn't use it. They give you breakfast vouchers for breakfast, which is a short walk across the street. The location is great with lots of historic places within walking distance. The boat itself is a distance from the front entrance, so be prepared to walk on the dock for a while.

Room Tip: Port is great for a couple. Queen bed, large bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Wow! We had a wonderful stay on the Casita for three nights in October, 2013. She rocks you very gently at night and the view of downtown was priceless! She is small, very cozy, great queen bed, wonderful full size shower, cable tv, small frig, and it's own deck with 4 chairs and an umbrella on the table. We felt very comfortable and well taken care of by the awesome staff. Thank you Cathy!!! We were also about two blocks (very easy walking) from U.S.S. Constitution with easy access to all of the tour trolleys. You can also walk across the bridge into the heart of Boston. We also received vouchers for breakfast at a local coffee shop. Very good! We plan to to visit the B and B Afloat again and this time, include friends! Also, the evening water taxi from the airport was great! Bring your camera!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Teresa G
denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

WE stayed on a GREAT boat docked in Boston Harbour with another couple. The managers of the B and B were great. Answered all our questions. We walked into Boston downtown and spent 3 days on the boat. I highly recommend this B ans B. FUN way to visit Boston

Room Tip: Talk to the person at Constitution B and B to find the right boat!!! There are many
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DenverDiane
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Who wouldn't want to wake up to seagulls and sunshine overhead surrounded by the calm and peaceful surrounding of the marina? I absolutely loved being rocked to sleep on my private Casita and woken up by the natural rays of sunshine to using my daily 7$ coupon at Sorelle's next door (and tucking into their outstanding quiche and coffee among other healthy options!). The boat is extremely safe and innovative way to see Boston's infamous marina. The fresh air greeting you as you step outside was such a refreshing way to start the day. My Casita was perfect for a single female traveler and extra space for one more person. The bathroom was very clean and stocked with fresh fluffy towels and soaps/shampoo. The room came with a TV, mini-fridge, kettle, wi-fi and the icing on the cake? Coffee filter machine and complementary Boston local coffee to enjoy every morning on my private little colorful patio outside.

I had the perfect balance of privacy from the B&B owners to being there when I needed them. Cathy (co-founder) was of tremendous help when my luggage was delayed at the airport and they needed a local contact to reach when my luggage arrives. She had bent over backwards to stay up late at night and make sure my luggage was delivered safe to me and also provided me with her own backup phone charger and a room heater for my cold toes (talk about having all my clothes in my luggage and nothing extra to wear late September!). I truly thank her for her help. While I had my hesitation at the beginning with giving away credit card details over the phone for securing my Casita, it turned out to be absolutely fine when I got there. (Legit!) :)
I cannot recommend staying at the afloat any better. The bigger rooms should be fantastic for families.

They also have laundry in the office area so have your quarters ready! Convenient, innovative, beats the standard overpriced hotels with unbeatable views and very accessible location (on foot) to every part of Boston. I only cabbed once after having walked all day on the foot because I truly enjoyed doing so. No complaints. Thank you so much and looking forward to coming back soon! Noura from Dubai.

Room Tip: A Casita fits 1-2 people comfortably.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank NouraDXB
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Rozinante is anchored within a stones throw from the USS Constitution in Constitution Marina. We spent one night aboard, in order to attend a wedding at the Aquarium. A water taxi picked us up at the dock not 5 steps from the sailboat, and took us directly to the dock at the Aquarium. How convenient was THAT? (Not to mention the major "COOL factor!") The boat is about 60 feet long, and packs everything you would find in a hotel room: linens, towels, coffee maker. We didnt stay long enough to really learn the boat, but there is also 125V 30A AC, at least one shower, a jacuzzi (which my GF used and LOVED), an oven, sink, and kitchen utensils, a stereo, at least one flat screen TV, and a lot more which I cant list because I didnt have time to explore the boat. We stayed at the end of September, and our weather was great, although locals told us it was cooling off at night. We opened a porthole next to our berth, and fell asleep to the salt air as the boat gently rocked.

Room Tip: The water taxi seems to 20 pp, flat rate anywhere in the harbor. This is higher than a taxi cab, bu...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mfpoulsen
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Boston had amazing weather through the full moon in September, bringing high tides and bright nights.

If you haven't stayed here before, I recommend taking the water taxi from Logan airport for the inbound ride to appreciate Boston from the water. $20pp, so a regular taxi is cheaper back to the airport for a group larger than 1.

I stayed in Port, and as others have described, is a studio room afloat with a great deck, chairs and umbrella. It is eastern facing and is slightly shaded in the afternoon - ideal.

The service was fantastic and the instructions to get there were perfect and very uncomplicated. I look forward to visiting again when they re-open in the spring.

Charlestown, the local area, is very interesting for local walks and has the famed Bunker Hill monument.

Take an extra day or two when in Boston and wander to this side of the city for a unique experience on the water!

Room Tip: Suggest Port with the eastern exposure.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo