“I highly and enthusiastically recommend Encore B&B!”

and 1 more site!
Encore Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 February 2006

To get immediately to the point: Encore B&B is a wonderful and charming B&B with an overall impeccably refined style, amazing breakfasts, lovely and clean rooms, and Innkeepers with ample amounts of hospitality. I loved my stay at Encore B&B.

For those wishing a bit more details: I always stay at B&Bs when I travel on vacation in the U.S. – and I am extremely particular. My trip to Boston was business related – and it was my first trip to the city, as well. While my colleagues grumbled about their not-so-great-stay at our conference hotel, I was well rested, well fed, and, well taken care of by the good folks at Encore B&B.

Prior to my arrival, the Innkeepers at Encore B&B gave me detailed instructions on how to get from the airport to them – invaluable as this alleviated all stress afer a long flight! The B&B is conveniently located in a quaint neighborhood with great restaurants (ranging from Ethiopian, Italian, Chinese, Pub food, formal dinning, etc.), neighborhood pubs/bars (gay, straight, romantic, quiet, edgy, hip, low key, etc.), nice boutiques, and a wine store just up the street. Adored the surroundings!

Rooms are super cozy, clean, and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable. Wireless Internet access, invaluable. Great reading lights, a plus for me. There is a range of breakfast foods that will keep you satisfied until lunch – crucial in a city were everyone walks. During breakfast, you have a great view from a picturesque window that overlooks the neighborhood. The Innkeepers, are wonderful – sweet, charming, accommodating, and helpful. Loved ‘em! I highly and enthusiastically recommend Encore B&B. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

New Jersey
Reviewed 27 February 2006

February in Boston, 9 degrees outside with a 20 mile an hour wind making it nearly impossible to walk more than a few blocks. But we didn't need to. We were cozy and warm in our room at the Encore. The rooms (we saw them all) are charming, clean, romantic, and comfortable, all the way to the down comforters, crisp sheets and feather pillows. The location, just a short walk from the nearest subway, the Prudential center, and plenty of restaurants, is perfect. Breakfast was served right on time and was delicious: croissants, eggs, wonderful muffins, fresh fruit, ham, cheese..... and our host, Reinhold, was extremely friendly and accommodating.

We spent two nights at the Encore and will be returning for three more nights in May. We highly recommend it.

Hanover, NH
Reviewed 26 February 2006

My friend and I recently stayed at Encore B&B during a recent weekend trip to Boston. The Encore, located in a beautiful brownstone, has a stylish, contemporary decore.
The room we stayed in was clean, comfortable and elegant.

The European flair of the Encore was evident in the delicious prepared breakfasts that are provided. We had wonderful full grain breads, croissants, and fresh fruit and juices.

The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful with ideas about where to eat and what we should do and see while we were in Boston. When I am in town again, I know where I'll be staying!

Providence, RI
Reviewed 26 February 2006

The Encore Bed and Breakfast is a charming house in a lovely neigborhood. We had easy access to Boston's amenities and the hosts were gracious and knowledgeable in their suggestions for dining and entertainment.
Our room was stylish and elegant and the theatre theme of the room was fun and entertaining.

Our stay at the Encore B and B added a wonderful touch to our weekend in Boston and I recommend it highly. I look forward to our next opportunity to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2005
Reviewed 22 February 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at Encore in celebration of our one year anniversary. Given their tremendous reviews (one of the best on this site) and how successful we had been in the past using Trip Advisor advice, we thought our stay would be nothing but the best. Perhaps it was overly hyped or perhaps other guests didn't expect excellence, but we were surprisingly disappointed in our stay.

First, the room we stayed in was very noisy. We constantly heard footsteps above our heads, and the kitchenette where breakfast is prepared and guests eat was DIRECTLY outside our door. To make things worse, there was a sizeable gap underneath the door, making all our sounds and the sounds outside strikingly noticeable - - - not necessarily the kind of thing you want for a romantic weekend away!

Secondly, the breakfast was terribly awkward. Guests receive ONLY the food requested the night before - no more, no less. If guests want any more than they thought they might want the night before, there is no chance to get anymore. This is a very cheap practice, if you ask me. Guests don't pay $150 a night so that they have to sheepishly ask for seconds. That's just tacky.

Another important element of the breakfast is that the hosts actually stand there and watch you eat! It's a terribly uncomfortable experience. Oh - and if you don't eat all you've been given, expect some guilt-ridden remarks to force you into eating what you've been given.

The most difficult part of the breakfast was that there is only 1 table for the entire hotel! There are 4 guest rooms, with potentially 8-10 people in the B and B at any time, but only 4 seats at a cramped table. One morning my husband and I were asked by the host to finish our breakfast in our room! This, again, was terribly disappointing.

Aside from that, the rooms were not clean, the hosts bickered in front of us on more than one occasion, and we paid the same price as those guests whose rooms had better views and no noise overhead.

On a brighter note, the neighborhood is absolutely lovely, the restaurants nearby are excellent, and the hotel is within just a couple minutes walk from the closest T station.

My husband and I managed to have a fantastic time in Boston, but that experience had little to do with Encore. We suggest people who are looking for a romantic getaway in Boston pass this hotel by. I know we will in the future.

11  Thank Piper81
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 February 2006

Our room was comfortable, inviting and stylish, the breakfasts were fabulous, and the hosts were warm and friendly. We'd go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 19 January 2006

What a find! Charming little B&B, simple yet pleasantly designed, impeccably clean with the most attentive service. We felt like being at home in the South End. Just around the corner is an abundance of excellent bars and restaurants in what emerges as Boston's hot spot.
Reinhold and David run a beautiful place I'll definitely come back to.

• Stayed: January 2006