“Exaclty What I needed!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Exaclty What I needed!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

My Stay was in in late August 2011 I needed a room as it was the big hurricane of 2011 and I was in Boston for my Crossfit Certification Trainer Course. I called the Commonwealth and they provided me with a junior suite. As I pulled up to the front door after a long day of training I was happy to have a valet park my car and a great Doorman named Frankie who was very welcoming and by Nick who was engaging and hilarious. I went to the front desk and checked in by a gentleman named Luke who was very professional and got me my room very fast and explained the hotel to me. I was very suprised by how large the room was when I entered. I felt as if I was at home if I had the money for the furnishing's but you get what I mean! The bathroom was great and what I liked most about it was the toilet had its own room!! The room overlooked boston and the bed was amamzing to say the least. I showered and ordered room service. The gentleman brought my food called me Mr. Davis and explained what I ordered asked if he could assist with anything else and left! Now that is customer service. I could go on forever about this place I wish I could have stayed all week but I had to get back to life. All in all a wonderful experience and on the way out Frankie remembered my name after only meeting me once and Nick gave me a good laugh as I went on my Way. Thank you Hotel Commonweath for a great stay!
All the Best,
Mac Davis

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mac d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

I'm a local, but stayed in town for a work event. The staff was outstanding--friendly, efficient, energetic. The room was beautiful, location is perfect--accessible, close to the river, fun part of town. I felt like I was on vacation right here at home.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Commonwealth Ave have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

My stay was a weekend overnight with my daughter who was meeting some friends at HOB for a show. The staff was friendly and very accommodating with everything. The location was perfect for us and we loved the view of Fenway! We had breakfast at Eastern Standard the next morning and that was great as well. I hope to get back there for a longer weekend stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed here one night for a scheduled meeting. The hotel is a beautiful place. The staff was especially willing to help and very pleasant to work with. The room was perfect with everything one could possibly need. I completely enjoyed my short stay but would gladly have spent a week there!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a very nice view of Fenway, you might consider asking about these.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Our stay at the Hotel Commonwealth over the 2011 Thanksgiving Holiday made my family's holiday a truly special time. It is a very beautiful hotel in a great location with an exceptional staff. From the great doormen who great you upon every arrival to the friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff who attend to every need, to the exceptional dining venues (we loved Eastern Standard!) it is 5 star all the way! Great rooms, easy transportation and superb dining made for a great stay!

1 Thank Chris C
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Stayed for 2 nights, 11/27, 28. Very Nice! I recommend it highly. Staff was super accommodating. Doorman named Nick was especially polite and funny. Room was spacious and well-appointed. Be careful with inspecting the mini-bar as charges are made electronically as you remove items!! Beds were very comfortable. Our room overlooked the Mass Turnpike, but also had nice view of Fenway Park. Great for baseball fans. 2 highly-rated restaurants on site (Island Creek Oyser House and Eastern Standard) but didn't eat at either. Only downside was parking at $42 per day (2 pm to 2 pm). It was valet service, however. Kenmore Square Station (the "T") directly under the hotel with entrance less than 50 feet from front door. Walking distance to Newberry Street shopping, dining, etc. Boston University right across the street. Look for discounts online (Priceline, etc.). You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms along back overlook Turnpike, but have view of historic Fenway Park. Sorry, Yankee fans!
Ramsey, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

I think I may have already written a review last time I stayed there, I had my 3rd stay at Hotel Commonwealth over the weekend and it continues to be consistent on great quality, clean, beautiful hotel, great bang for the buck and, what makes me keep coming back is the kindness and warmth of the staff! I switched from Four Seasons and don't think I"ll ever go back! Top notch in every way.