“Hotel is lovely but the staff is outstanding”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is the second year that I have taken by granddaughters to the Pajama Party and Story telling at the Hotel Commonwealth. The staff at Hotel Commonwealth is not only courteous, but equally as patient with all the children running around. I would strongly recommend this hotel and event.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear CitypenguinNan,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed our pajama party again! It is such a fun event. We hope you will be able to join us again next year.

All the best,

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,539)

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I am serving as an adjunct professor for one term with Boston University. My task is to fly in teach and fly out. Though a wonderful opportunity this schedule is quite taxing. The MARVELOUS STAFF at Hotel Commonwealth made my recent trip absolutely seamless. Just one example. As I rushed off to my Saturday class I realized I had left my brand new BU coffee mug in the room. I asked the staff to retrieve it and keep it at the front desk for me. When I returned to pick it up it my thermus cup was washed out, shined up and in a lovely bag. How kind. Regarding the accomodations; my room was well appointed and every ammenity was available. Room service was promt and the food quite good. I look forward to my next two visits. BRAVO to the staff. My stay was perfect.

Room Tip: I was on the foruth floor and though this hotel is on a very busy street, it was wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Zinajacque,

Thank you very much for your glowing review, we really appreciate it. I am thrilled you enjoyed your accommodations and our staff. We look forward to your upcoming visits.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2013

The staff was extremely courteous and always prepared for any questions I had. The hotel was gorgeous and they had everything I needed. My room on the 4th floor had views of Fenway Park. Very close to Boston University as well as other Back Bay areas.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Emily M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Spent an overnight at the hotel taking daughter and friend to a concert at the House Of Blues. First time there. Very nice hotel. Friendly service. Room service was fast!! Comfy beds. Great restaurant, too! Nick helped us with our bags, funny guy!!

Room Tip: Fun to have a room overlooking Fenway Park!

Dear geanak,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, including our concierge Nick. He is a great asset to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

No wonder why this property is #1 on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels. Spent one night there during President's Day Weekend. Every single staff member was courteous and friendly. The room was very large and beautifully decorated. It was equipped with everything a traveler would need. The ammenities are of very high quality (Malin & Goetz).
Had breakfast at Eastern Standard and it was exquisite (the staff there was awesome as well).

I have a new favorite hotel -- would love to go back!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Dear EdddieEddie,

I am ecstatic that you found our staff so friendly and accommodating. We take pride in the level of service we are able to provide to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Perfect! Traveling with daughter to visit colleges. Great location and friendly attentive staff. Wonderful restaurant next door and cozy upscale bar on first floor. The concierge, Nick McDonald, answered all our questions and made our first trip to Boston so pleasant...just wish he could have made the weather a little more pleasant!

Dear jmcalister,

I am elated to hear that you found our concierge Nick so accommodating. We are fortuante to have him as part of our team. We hope you will return in the future and we will do our best to provide some nicer weather for you.

SmCweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Reviewed 22 February 2013

We were on an East Coast college campus trip and while in Boston stayed at Hotel Commonwealth for a night. We found the location very convenient, the accommodations very nice, and what really stood out was the friendly, helpful staff. Also, there is a great restaurant, Island Creek Oyster Bar, on premise!

1  Thank 9Deborah

Dear 9Deborah,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed our location and our staff. We love hearing compliments like that. I hope you enjoyed the colleges on the east coast. We hope to see you in the future.

Warm regards,