“Very Nice - right around the corner from Fenway”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed overnight for a concert at Fenway. We were able to walk to Fenway in 10 minutes. Its not the prettiest walk but its safe and easy which is what we were looking for. The staff that checked us in and out were super nice. They gave us a roll-away bed which was excellent. We stayed in the Fenway room which was large and nice. We watched the fireworks over Fenway from our window that night. We did not like the Eastern Standard (limited menu,bad service) and we tried to get into the other restaurant the Oyster Creek but it was mobbed. Boston is pricey especially during an event and even though it was super expensive we were very happy we stayed here because of its location to Fenway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Greenshamrck,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I hope you enjoyed the concert at Fenway Park. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with Eastern Standard. I have forwarded your review to the restaurant management. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I took my son to his first Red Sox game and wanted to stay as close to the park as possible, so I book Hotel Commonwealth. I called 2 days before the game to make a reservation and mentioned the above, when we got there they had written a personal note and placed vintage Fenway seats in our room for my Son to enjoy! Being a wedding designer, it is hard to WOW me and this was awesome! Thanks for making my son's experience that more memorable :) (also the staff was so in tune with my son and always addressing him when we came in and out of the hotel)

Room Tip: ask for the Fenway Room if going to a game!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear CoutureParties,

I hope your son was able to see a Red Sox victory while attending his first game at Fenway Park. The Fenway seats we have are a piece of history and I am thrilled you enjoyed having them in your room. We hope to see you again soon, possibly for your son's second Red Sox game.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I spent 3 days at the hotel on business purposes and found the level of service and quality of the rooms and facilities first class. The only negative was the continued lack of wifi access I experienced in my hotel room. I had an engineer try and fail to fix the problem and was later informed a new router needed to be installed which failed to materialise. Whilst the main purpose of my visit was business the lack of wifi was an incovenince. The hotel is centrally located so there is easy access to the shops and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel but check the room has wifi first.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear JOMLL,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay; however do apologize about the lack of Wi-Fi in your room. I understand this can be frustrating when you have work to accomplish back in your hotel room. We are currently in the process of resolving this issue.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I just had a surprise baby shower at the Hotel Commonwealth. The private room facing Boston's Kenmore Square was elegant and beautifully appointed. From the doorman to the bar tender serving champagne from long stemmed glasses, the staff was highly attentive, professional and friendly. The brunch (catered by the hotel) was a bountiful spread of baked breads, french toast, homemade quiche, fresh fruits and a tiered cake baked by the hotel and preciously decorated.

During the shower, all the husbands enjoyed lunch and cocktails at the Island Creek Oyster Bar located in the hotel. (Eastern Standard Kitchen is another Boston favorite located in the hotel). Following the shower, the hotel staff packed and stored the gifts while my family and girl friends socialized with our husbands without ever leaving the hotel. When we were ready to leave, the hotel carefully placed all our gifts in our valet parked car, making the entire event unforgettable and so easy.

If you're looking for a place to host a special event or occassion, you've found it. Thank you Hotel Commonwealth.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear kcolson,

I am thrilled that everything with your surprise baby shower went according to plan. We are so happy we were able to share in the experience with you and your family and friends. We hope you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Since this is already the #1 rated Boston hotel on Trip Advisor, I will be brief. THE GOOD: phenomenol hospitalitarians. Immaculate and beautiful rooms. Free champagne at check in. Views of Fenway Park on one side. Views of Kenmore Square on the other. Adjacent subway stop. 3 blocks to restaurants and clubs on Landsdowne Street. 4 blocks to movies on Mass Avenue. 7 blocks to affordable bars and restaurants down Beacon Street. Attached to TWO highly rated restaurants, but just 7 blocks from Newburyport Street, the uber destination for Beantown shopping and eating. This hotel has everything you would want in a handsome, upscale place to hang your hat for a few days. Unbeatable. THE BAD: if you cannot budget $300 to $500 per night, it is highly unlikely you will choose this hotel. And that's a shame. C'est domage. Oh, well. Bon Voyage.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear athomeatfenway,

Thank you very much for your detailed review about your recent stay. When attending a Red Sox game, the location certainly cannot be beat. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Hotel staff friendly and keen to help. Only thing that I think can be improved is the in room dinning menu. It is both boring and very limited in options and I was not impressed with the quality of the meals. Minus the in room dinning experience I would not hesitate to stay in this place again. It is perhaps a bit to close to the busy baseball stadium as far as access to the metro goes (but the sound insulation is spectacular and it was not an issue in terms of getting a rest).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear dakism,

Thank you for posting a review. I apologize that the in room dining menu was not satisfactory for you. I have passed these comments on to our restaurant. I am thrilled that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

As frequent visitors to Boston, we were very impressed with our first stay at Hotel Commonwealth last weekend. Exceptional service from the minute we arrived. Room was beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The location is excellent. You are on the outskirts of Boston University's campus with the Kenmore T stop literally at the front door. You are also walking distance from Fenway as well as Newbury Street and Copley Square for shopping and dining. While it is more expensive than other area hotels, you are getting a luxury hotel experience. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MarcyC12_3

Dear MarcyC12_3,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at Hotel Commonwealth. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and rooms. We strive to provide a luxury experience to all of our guests and I am thrilled you appreciated it. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,