“Reasons for the Rave Reviews”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Wow! What a cool place and great location with lots of great restaurants and shopping within walking distance.
We spent almost 4 days out in a chain hotel in the suburbs before moving to Hotel Commonwealth for 3 days. Valet parking whisked us out of our car and to the reservation desk. We received a complimentary upgrade to a Junior Suite on the second floor. This great room included a living room sized suite and king sized bed with lots of room so your suitcases and other possessions stayed out of the way.
The staff was polite and helpful in every instance we interacted with them. One person at the desk walked me through the instructions for using the boom box for an iPod in our suite. Another time I was filling the ice bucket and trying to fit enough ice in the little bucket with the larger sized plastic bags that don't fit the buckets when filled with ice when one employee saw me struggling not to spill the ice and reached in to give me a hand in holding the bag. He asked if I needed more ice than what I was getting. In a world where travelers routinely encounter unnecessary problems and rudeness (sometimes it's the travelers who are rude), Hotel Commonwealth and its employees were refreshingly polite and helpful.
The Oyster restaurant attached to the Hotel was popping on Friday night. We had eaten at an another great local restaurant and stopped in for a nightcap. The place was so packed we couldn't even sit at the bar. From watching all the people while waiting to see if we could get seated, you could tell there was a reason for all the people smiling and enjoying themselves.
Hotel Commonwealth is our new go to hotel every time business or pleasure takes us to Boston.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron M
Write a ReviewReviews (4,565)

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My spouse and I stayed on a recent Monday evening so that we would arrive on time for early morning appointment at Longwood area hospital. From making our reservation to our leavetaking in early morning, everything was perfect. Reservations did not hesitate to honor a room rate that I quoted from Groupon. Our room on 2nd floor had great view of Fenway Park - room itself was spacious and impeccably clean. Bathroom with soaking tub also large and immaculate with lovely toiletries. Room very quiet - no traffic sounds from street or hallway. Staff was all very attentive, professional and courteous. Valet overnight parking pricey, but worth the peace of mind.
Thank you, Hotel Commonwealth for a most comfortable stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caro10104
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I've stayed numerous times, and have always had a wonderful time. It is conveniently located, has two great restaurants and a T-stop just outside the door. The staff is always friendly and willing to help on any occasion. My requests have been varied, and they always come through.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Lovely ,classic hotel. Staff was gracious and professional from the the time I made the reservation and throughout my stay. The room was well appointed with luxury linens and a very comfortable bed. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank janice W
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear janice W,

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable from beginning to end. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I will always stay at this hotel, very European feel, near everything you could want, excellent staff and very friendly
2 great restaurants connected to the hotel, Starbucks adjacent
I was upgraded to a jr suite with a great view at no extra charge

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Soldbysonny,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the upgrade into our Commonwealth Junior Suite, along with so many other aspects of your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I am a very young professional and I stayed at this hotel with my partner just for a nice weekend out. None of the employees there took us seriously because we did not look "rich and fancy" or more of a mature age. We left the hotel to go to a show and upon returning we were turned away by the door men who said you don't look like you could afford to stay here and we had to pull out our room key and receipt to prove that we were in fact staying at the hotel. After leaving I spoke to said manager who was not apologetic and said he would "try" look into it. All in all it is a beautiful hotel and I would love to stay there again but because of the way I was treated I will move my business elsewhere. Advice for any younger professionals do not stay here they will think you are not worthy of their business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank aliciaa_jean

Dear aliciaa_jean,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I will certainly use this information as training with my operational team. I would love to discuss your stay with us further. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at (617) 532-5055 or at the email address below. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Hotel Commonwealth is a lovely hotel that is perfectly located.What makes this hotel even more special is the first rate staff! Super friendly and helpful! I have stayed at other Boston hotels and now I only stay at this jewel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BUm0m

Dear BUm0m,

Thank you very much for your compliments of our staff. We all take great pride in the level of service we are able to provide. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,