“Luxury, Service and Great Restaurants with a Well Trained Staff”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked this hotel for one night before heading out to a family event, and two days later we came back, we were so impressed. Both my husband and I travel a lot, and this hotel impressed us. For the first stay, I arrived early, and Sean Aribu at the reception ushered me right in. My check-in took seconds and I was in a big, luxurious room within minutes. The bed was very comfortable with many pillows, the bathroom large and well stock with great products, a desk to work on and fast wireless.
Both restaurants are great: the Cape Cod style restaurant offers excellent meals in an environment which reminds you of the Cape without being tacky. The other restaurant is perfect for breakfast and lunch with a nice terrace to people watch.
The staff are very well trained with the concierge particularly attentive. When we came back, for the second night, my husband was celebrating his birthday. The concierge upgraded our room and his colleague (whose husband drove for Silber!) sent us a bottle of wine to celebrate. Classy and sophisticated. We can't say enough good things about this hotel. If you want a little luxury and to be cuddled, this hotel is for you.
Bravo to the management and all the staff.

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to a junior suite ; you'll not be disappointed.
1  Thank Chris W
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Chris W,

Thank you for staying with us (twice !) and for taking the time to provide feedback. I appreciate your kind words and am pleased that our staff helped make your stay a success. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have to say one of the best hotels we have stayed at. From valet to check out the experience was classy and professional. We arrived for an overnight anniversary getaway and we were told we were upgraded because it was our special day. Room was spacious and beautiful overlooking Kenmore square. Within a few minutes of checking in to our room ...a knock on the door. Room service was outside with a bottle of iced champagne and truffles. Also a personalized card wishing us a happy 23rd anniversary. First class all the way. Will stay here again. Restaurants and speak easy were top notch.
Highly recommend. Will be back

1  Thank Craig D

Craig D,

Thank you for staying with us and making us part of your anniversary celebrations. We hope to welcome you back again soon !

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Even though the Sox lost (pathetically), we could commiserate at the eastern
Standard. Luxurious room afterward.
We found a great walking through the Emerald Necklace to the art museum (worth the trip). What a hidden gem! A must for any gardener!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neverenoughthyme
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Neverenoughthyme,

Thank you for staying with and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed the hotel, Eastern Standard and our great Fenway neighborhood. Sorry about the Sox, it's been a tough year so far !

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The service at the front desk was excellent until I checked out. Since I had some hours to kill before my flight, I wanted to leave my bag at the hotel. As soon as I finished check-out process, the receptionist let me go down to the basement to leave my backpack and I got stuck in the elevator to find out which floor I needed to get off. There were two other floors below the lobby. At the basement, the elevator door wouldn't open. So I had to come back to the lobby area and left with my backpack. I felt the receptionist was too business oriented. Because of that, the whole impression on this great hotel changed the opposite direction.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Insook K

Insook K,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. I am very sorry that we clearly did not assist you properly with storing your bag. The scenario you describe is certainly not the way we should have handled that and I have made our team aware of the situation. I hope if your travel brings you to Boston in the future you will give us another opportunity to get it right.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide valuable feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Fabulous hotel - was greeted with a glass on champagne on arrival (Thursday arrival, not sure if this is an every day thing). The hotel is blissfully quiet and friendly, rooms are very nice and it's amazing the amount of "buzz" that is just outside the hotel. Close to Newbury Street, Boylston Street and Fenway Park. You can walk everywhere or catch the underground which is very close to the hotel. This was a romantic weekend away for us and the hotel was perfect!

Room Tip: Our floor was on 5th floor and you couldn't hear any of the noise outside.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Mo C,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Another great stay at your amazing home away from home. Love the spacious renovated rooms especially the comfy window seat overlooking ComAve. As always the staff from valet, doorman, housekeeping, concierge and front desk were SO VERY accommodating to ALL of our needs-- even going so far as helping me set up an APP on my phone so I could watch the USA soccer match live while en route back to Alabama. Enjoyed dinner and brunch at the 2 adjoining restaurants and with Starbucks steps away for my coffee breaks Hotel Commonwealth's location rates an A+. Looking forward to our next trip to Boston in the fall and once we have the dates all set will definitely book another room at the Commonwealth!!!

Donna A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and for being such a loyal customer. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and especially glad to know our team helped make the difference. The suites with the window seat are new, I'm especially glad to know you enjoyed staying in them. We hope to welcome back again soon !

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here June 19-22. Very nice hotel. Room was updated and beautifully decorated. the staff was very helpful. We rented a car from enterprise. The front desk handled the arrangements and the doorman handled the return. They made me feel like I was at a 5 stars place. Location was great. Very close to Boston Univ, and to the waters edge. You can walk/run along the riverside. My only gripe is that they have no coffee available in the room or lobby. You have to go to their restaurant on the other side of the hotel to purchase coffee. Small problem.

1  Thank PeterB123456543

PeterB123456543,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was accommodating. I'm sorry that you were not made aware that we offer complimentary in-room Kurig coffee machines. If you e-mail me at asperling@hotelcommonwealth.com with the name of your reservation, I will insure that we add it to your profile and that one is in the room waiting for you on your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us and providing feedback.