“consistently great”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My daughter is a Boston University student and after trying other high priced hotels in the back bay, we have fallen in love with this hotel. Right on the green line, the hotel allows for easy access to newbury street for my shopping needs and is in walking distance to the BU campus and Fenway park. The hotel is clean, friendly, newly remodeled and offers room service fro the Easter Standard, a lovely french bistro.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Malibum0m,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoy our hotel and it's location near BU. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,582)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our party of 4 stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in June. Excellent service. We were checked in by a super helpful Sean who personally called to ask if we have all we need half an hour later. We asked for an extra luggage rack and it appeared 5 minutes later. The hotel is at a great location and it is clean and spacious. Lots of pillows and towels. We were provided with maps and given directions to nearby restaurants. A great stay and we will not hesitate to stay here again the next time we come to Boston. Thanks again Sean !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

88Daisy2013,

Thank you for staying with and for sharing your experience. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and that Sean was able to provide excellent service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were visting colleges with my son, and booked two separate rooms for two nights. Without asking, we were upgraded to larger, better rooms. The rooms themselves were elegant, very quiet, with carpeted floors (no upstairs noise) and a lovely separate sitting area. The beds were extremely comfortable. There was one snafu with housekeeping (they forgot to make up our room), which was immediately rectified when I called the front desk, with many apologies and a bottle of wine to boot. The staff was very accomodating. The hotel is walking distance to BU and Emerson, and very close to great running along the Charles, and shopping (Newbury, Boylston) and great eating. We had a wonderful stay, and would definitely return.

MHoffmanNYC,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we could be a positive part of your college touring. I apologize for the housekeeping issue but pleased to hear the team corrected the issue.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The location of this hotel a short walk from Newbury Street, next to Fenway Park and a short taxi ride from Logan airport is excellent, there is a T station right outside the front door. The staff are excellent;, friendly, efficient and attentive. The room are large, exceptionally clean and great value for money. The hotel has two restaurants attached which cater for all tastes and welcome everyone (not true of all restaurants in Boston).

Janda1985,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our super convenient location. I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay at Hotel Commonwealth. Super friendly receptionist & yummy room service breakfast. Location is around 30 minute walk from Boston Common & this is the only reason we have taken off one star. A good base for exploring the city!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonKanda

LondonKanda,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is outstanding. The staff is incredible - Nick, Evan, Hannah, etc. - all are great, As a particular traveler, I have several requests and they were all met promptly. The hotel is situated between two great restaurants - Eastern Standard and the Island Creek Oyster Bar. Both are terrific and reservations are mandatory. There is also a Starbuck's adjacent as well. Major attractions - Fenway Park, Newbury Street, Boylston Street, Copley Square with all the stores/shops - are very easy walking distance. Of course, Commonwealth Avenue is a great walk as well.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are a great value.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trey1247

Trey1247,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, restaurants and our great location. I especially appreciate you recognizing the Nick, Evan & Hannah had a positive impact on your visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I spent a weekend at the Commonwealth and I was blown away. I took my 8 year old son with me and we walked to Fenway Park for a ballgame. We needed other ideas and the concierge couldn't be more helpful. He clicked us up some duck boat tix and front row seats to the Blue Man Group even though when I went online their site said they were sold out. He also got my son a Red Sox bobble head doll which my son already cherishes. It seems like every time we walked past the front desk they had something for my son ie: candy, toys or both. He felt like a king and had a grin ear to ear all weekend. The staff couldn't be more accomadating greeting us like old friends whenever we walked into the hotel and the rooms are spotless. We checked in early and were upgraded to a top floor suite as it was ready and we didn't have to pay the extra charge. I know I'm forgetting staff and other details but I'm guessing you get the idea it was a perfect weekend for both of us!

Anesthetized,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm so pleased you and your son enjoyed the hotel and especially pleased to know our Front Desk team had a positive impact on your experience.