“Outstanding, Luxurious Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Outstanding, Luxurious Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, you are greeted with a smile and friendly valet service. The front desk checked us in promptly, and even tho I went to the wrong elevator he tried to catch me and called me by name, and it turned out to be a good laugh. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and beds are super comfortable. We had a great view of Fenway Park, which was the reason for our visit. When I made the reservation, I asked that a cot be put in the room, as there were 3 of us. When I got there there was a cot in the room. That rarely happens! It was a bit pricey, not somewhere you would stay every time you visit unless you can afford $600/night. But, it was well worth the splurge!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
laury49,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and that our staff was helpful. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel has some of the best service I have experienced and we have been lucky enough to stay in a lot of nice hotels. They upgraded our suite and put two stuffed bears in the crib for our one and eight year old sons. Fantastic.

Room Tip: The suites are lovely
      Location
      Cleanliness
tom b,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we get the chance to welcome you back often
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Sean at front desk was excellent and I loved the décor. The area around the reception/elevators was spotless.

But I'm surprised that this hotel has received such high ratings. Our room had some cleaning issues...in the shower, the water didn't drain well b/c there was a lot of hair in the drain - eek! The air vent on the wall (which I don't usually notice) was so dusty that I actually took a facecloth and cleaned it and it was FILTHY! And, the bed sheets had a few black-ish stains near where it would rest on our faces. So, someone brought a new set of sheets but didn't seem all that eager to want to change the sheets for us so I said that we'd change them.

When we arrived, we had to lug our luggage up a staircase - the doorman, whose service we politely declined, wasn't doing anything, could have advised us that there was an elevator around the corner which we stumbled upon later.

I overheard a guest complaining at the front desk that there were no kettles in the room.

We're pretty fit and enjoy walking but we found the walk to Boston Common to be a bit too long - we wished we'd stayed closer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
BB C,

Thank you for staying with and for providing your feedback.

I am pleased Sean was helpful and you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms but am extremely apologetic that housekeeping let you down. We take pride in our cleanliness here and will clearly use this as a tool to insure it does not occur in the future.
I appreciate your feedback.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

From making the booking to the final day of our stay. Staff are a definite asset to this hotel. The service was exceptional. Room was spacious, clean and with a view of Fenway Park. What can we say. Perfect. Our overall stay was memorable. Thank you to all the staff especially Nicholas for all your help. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book the view of Fenway Park.
Laura I,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially pleased that Nicholas and the team were able to be helpful. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

It was great! The restaurant at the hotel was spectacular and the location was great. Very close to Fenway. I arrived before check in time and the staff was very accommodating. They text me when the room was ready.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
Kara G,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon!
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We recently spent two nights at the Hotel Commonwealth located within walking distance to Fenway Park. Check in went very smoothly after we were met at the entrance by a friendly door man. The room was lovely, clean and spacious. It was so convenient being able to walk not only to Fenway park but the subway station which took us all over the city was located next to the hotel. A couple of negatives were that there wasn't an elevator at the entrance so if you had mobility issues there were quite a few stairs to reach the front desk. I had also requested on two occasions to have a complimentary coffee machine in my room and both times I was told I would have it within 10 minutes and I didn't ever receive it. When the maid came in after the first night to freshen up our room she simply made the bed and put new towels in, she/he didn't remove any dirty glasses or any garbage that was left in our room. I was a little displeased that our second night ended up costing us an extra 100 dollars as compared to our first nights stay and when asked I was told it's just the best available rate for that particular day. I felt during the week there should be a flat rate per night. Overall I would recommend the hotel especially if you are a red sox fan and want the city experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GwenSmith
GwenSmith,

Thank you for staying with and for sharing your feedback. While I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay overall, I apologize that you did not receive your coffee maker in a timely manner and that housekeeping did not provide the full scope of service to you. I do want to note that we do have an elevator for ADA access to the left of the main stairwell, I'm sorry that you were not aware of it during your visit.
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff was excellent and the rooms extremely clean. Great location- we were there for a ball game and its a short walk to Fenway Park. The restaurant was excellent. Only complaint is that we had to move from our first room on the fifth floor as the humming and rattling noise in the vent made it unable to get a decent nights sleep. Within 10 minutes of speaking to the front desk we were moved to a room on the fourth floor. Very quiet and our next two nights were excellent! The service was excellent. There is no pool and we were told we could use the pool at the sports center which was a 15 minute walk and cost is $15 person. $20 cab ride to the Wharf and very easy to catch a cab right out front. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the fifth floor - at least room 511 I think it is right under the air conditioning u...
1 Thank kfbrazda
kfbrazda,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for providing your feedback. I apologize that your original room was less than satisfactory but pleased that you were able to move and enjoy the remainder of your stay.