“Nice suites... noise issue.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Ranked #62 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel when visiting a friend in Boston, I chose it due to it's proximity to the airport, free shuttle to and from the airport and free breakfast.

Arrival and check in was done fast at around 4pm, the front desk staff was cheerful and helpful, I was quickly assigned a room on the 7th floor for my 2 night stay.

The first night was atrocious, there were teens in the room next to me partying it up, to the point where I had to call security to tame them down. It took 45 minutes for them to arrive and shush the inconsiderate people next door. back to sleep for what's left of the night.

That morning I went to the breakfast buffet, and It was great, lots of cereals and warm items to pick from, juices and coffee, I have to say great job on that!

For my 2nd night I made sure to go to the front desk and ensure I wouldn't have a repeat of night 1 with the party next door, the clerk did a quick check and told me the room had been vacated, that they were only there for 1 night, I did tell them that I didn't get any sleep, and pretty much that I was not impressed with that... I got a feeling they didn't care that much since they were sure the problem wouldn't repeat itself on the second night....

I used the shuttle as well to get to the subway close to the airport, that is the best way to get downtown for 2.50$. I came back via taxi at a cost of 35$ (yipes).

I liked the location, the room was spacious, the shuttle and breakfast were all great. Since I was a HHonors member, I got free wifi for my stay!!!

I recommend.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor facing the airport, and noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 4,074
carlacecilia89, Guest Service Coordinator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for choosing our property for your travel needs and for taking time to submit your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear about the noise disturbance and, though, our team receives very few noise related complaints, I completely understand the inconvenience and our Guest Services team will gladly accommodate the request for a quieter room.
I also thank you for sharing your comments, regarding our friendly front desk staff and complimentary breakfast.

Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at our property.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We spent 10 nights here in June. We chose the location based on cost (it is one hundred dollars more a night to stay 'downtown' with breakfast not included) Saying that, we still thought it was still a bit expensive for an 'airport hotel'
The hotel staff were very friendly and always helpful, however we visited the 'Alchohol free' Managers Reception a few times, and on two of the nights we found the bar waiter, very curt and rather unfriendly!
Rooms are clean and well equipped, we were on 9th floor overlooking the airport, the room was quiet, apart from the AC system that clunked a bit and at one time died on us, this was repaired very quickly however. We had one noisy neighbor for one night, who insisted on slamming their door every 30 seconds! again we reported this to the front desk, who sent a member of staff to the room, and it was again resolved very quickly.
Breakfast was good and could get a bit busy, The large urn of iced lemon water in the reception was a nice touch, especially after sight seeing in the hot city.
The subway is 5 minutes walk across a well kept park, two stops to down town Aquarium station
We hired a car and found the Avis office about 2 minutes walk from the hotel, very handy for pick up and drop off. The hotel valet parking works well.....but is very expensive.
The shuttle bus to and from the airport saves a lot of time and money, on arrival at the airport just call the hotel and the shuttle is there for you in 5 mins.
We would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a down town view across the Charles River otherwise your view is the street or...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David W
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights at the start of a 2 week touring holiday.
It was a great choice. Landing at Logan Airport - you just follow signs to hotel courtesy buses, after 5 minutes the bus came & 5 minutes later we were checking in!
Rooms have a bedroom & sitting room/kitchenette. We didn't use anything in the kitchen apart from the fridge, which was good. There's also an ice machine on each floor.
Bed was comfy, air-con worked well. Breakfast was fine - self service pastries, fruit, cereal, bacon, eggs, waffles, plus an omelette station. (especially as I thought we were room only!!!)
I had a meal at the hotel when we arrived & it was delicious. The hotel bar feels like a 'local' very friendly.
I don't think there's any particular view from the hotel - but we booked it for convenience & it's great for that. (there's also a small pool - but we didn't have time to try it).
To get into the city centre it takes about 15 mins from walking from the hotel through the lovely park opposite, to the T station (4-5 mins) to getting on the train & arriving. Very easy. We never waited more than a few mins for a train.(we bought a weeks pass - they no longer do 3 day ones- $18)
We were picking a car up from Avis to carry on our holiday - the Avis office is 2 mins walk away! It was all very easy & convenient.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are planning a similar holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Patjo818DerbyEngland
carlacecilia89, Guest Service Coordinator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

I wanted to personally thank you for choosing our property during your recent stay in Boston Logan Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit!
Have a great rest of your week and a terrific weekend!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on our way to Europe. It's located just outside Logan Airport and a 10 minute walk to the T (across a nice park). This is an older hotel without the typical atrium, but offers all the same amenities you expect from Embassy Suites. The staff was great. Complimentary WiFi, water, and a great bar (and burger) made our short stay better. Shuttle service to and from the airport was fast and the drivers friendly. CONs: 1. (and not their fault) The evening manager's reception did not serve free liquor due to Mass state blue laws.; 2. The AC filters in our room looked like they hadn't been changed in quite awhile; 3. For what you pay for a room, the Management should be upgrading the room furniture.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Itan2Much
carlacecilia89, Guest Service Coordinator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future!

Have a great weekend!

All the best,
Carla.Chauca@Hilton.com

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed there for one night. The rooms are huge and fancy and very well equipped. The problem is that it was quite pricy (227$ a night for an airport located hotel) and breakfast wasn't that good.
I wouldn't recommend it in these prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank plasmodium1
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I've given this property a "3" rating in comparison to other Embassy Suites properties. Compared to a Super 8, of course, it's a "5," but things aren't as smooth here as in some other Embassy Suites properties.

On the positive side, the location is a good one - some guests do become frustrated by the wait for the airport shuttle, but it should be noted that one can walk to the "T" stop (the Boston subway station) in about 5 minutes by crossing a nearby park. Our suite was equipped as in most Embassy Suites properties, and everything was clean and well ordered (one exception: only decaf coffee had been provided in the suite).

On the negative side, we had no meltdowns, per se, but a lot of things were below the bar for a top-tier hotel:

1) It took us two days of repeated requests to get a safety deposit box at the front desk - apparently they only have a very limited number of boxes, and there is no queue for them, so one must ask at the desk over and over.

2) The breakfast is a basic one by Embassy Suites standards, and there are some weaknesses from an operational perspective. Seating is apparently inadequate for busy mornings, and tables are cleared sporadically during busy times. On weekday mornings, the bacon is cooked to European (not American) standards, and it takes a lot of sleuthing to find any crisp pieces. The line for the omelet station can be a long and slow one during busy times. Items on the buffet that are depleted are not replenished on a consistent basis - on a busy Saturday morning, those who wanted bread products were reduced to making toast or accepting a stale English muffin - the donuts and other pastries ran out and were never refilled during the 40 minutes we watched.

3) The guest laundry (4th floor) has two washer/dryer combo units, but the coin device was jammed on one washer so it was inoperative. I called the desk at 7 PM one evening to report it and was told someone would be sent up right away to help. As of 9 PM, no one had - and I checked at 9 AM the next day to see that the "jammed - out of order" sign I had placed on the washer was still where I left it. I have no evidence that this problem was ever addressed.

4) It is clearly not the Embassy Suites' fault, but guests should be aware that Massachusetts law prohibits the providing of complimentary alcoholic beverages during the daily Manager's Reception. A cash bar is available. I expected that the management would compensate for this by providing upgraded appetizers/snacks, but it appeared that the offerings were of the standard Embassy Suites nature: chips and salsa, crackers and cheese, etc.

I point out these deficiencies not to argue that the property is a disaster - it is not - but that it could use some managerial attention to detail. It's fine for a one-night layover stay as long as one is not expecting a five-star experience. Perhaps our mistake was staying four nights and viewing it as a base for Boston sightseeing.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jeffsm5111

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your comments regarding your stay. We want to sincerely apologize that you did not find our hotel to be accommodating to your needs. Once again, we want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay and If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Yours in Hospitality,

(617) 567-5000

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We recently stayed at this property after a late airport arrival. The location was perfect and the shuttle to and from the terminal was very convenient. Our room was suitable with a comfortable bed and clean bathroom but overall the hotel needs some updating. Carpet and sofa needs replacing. We had a very late dinner in the restaurant/bar near the lobby. The food was good but it was a little pricey and service was really slow. It seemed as though they did not have enough help.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank khall0102
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Charlestown
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!