“Great hotel, awesome location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Ranked #59 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
“Great hotel, awesome location”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My family stayed here one night at the end of our vacation. The location is great -- a short walk through a park to the MTBA subway and just minutes away from Logan airport using the free hotel shuttle. To arrive, we had dropped off a rental car and used the rental car shuttle to get to the airport. From the airport, we used the hotel shuttle to get to the hotel. While there are phones in the airport to call hotels for shuttle service, we did not see this hotel listed. No matter, the shuttle came by quickly. Turns out, the rental car location was quite close to the hotel, so we may have been able to walk right to the hotel. Not sure if there would have been sidewalks for that, though. Also used the hotel shuttle to get back to the airport the next morning. The shuttle drivers were courteous and timely -- no hassle whatsoever. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable -- liked the comforter. Did not partake in the evening snack. We got to breakfast very early -- milk was not replenished and eggs were a bit watery -- but otherwise it was a pretty good hotel breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Family of 6 used this hotel as a base hotel. The only problem I had was the chair and couch are a little uncomfortable to sit and relax in but for the rest of the hotel it is better than good. We stayed for 3 nights. Fantastic breakfast in the morning. Made to order omelet. There is a wonderful "Port Park" 6 blocks behind the hotel and a great little Italian restaruant a block away from the park if you want to be a local and get out of the tourist sections of town. There is a sports park directly across the motel. The "T" connection from the Airport is on the otherside of this small park. I live in a small town and not use to traveling subways and found this subway very easy to use. You are downtown with in minutes. There is a train every few minutes. WARNING** if you drive here you have to pay $35 per night for valet parking. But they were very nice to allow us to get the car out as often as we wanted or get in the car to get items out. No extra charge. The beds, pillows, towels and even the couch bed are very good. Very clean hotel. I found the staff very responsive not like some of the other comments. Maybe there was extra staff on duty since this was over the 4th. I found the hotel to be downtown quality at a outlining hotel price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fort Myers
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel July 3, 2013 for one night. Arrived at BOS at 10 p.m. and called hotel for a pick up. The phone was not answered on the first try, or the second, or the third, or the fourth or the fifth. After ten minutes and five calls, we decided to take the Hertz shuttle and walk to the hotel from there (the hotel is across the street and down a bit from the Hertz drop off). Just prior to hopping the Hertz shuttle, I called a sixth time and finally the call was answered. The shuttle was sent and we were picked up approximatley 10 minutes later.

Upon arriving at the hotel, I asked the front desk why it took me six tries to reach the hotel and no answer was provided other than speak to the supervisor in the a.m. The front desk did comp us the room for the night which was a huge, very appreciated gestrure.

In the a.m. at checkout, we asked the front desk supervisor about the problem with the phone being answered the previous evening; she said she didn't know and would have to check with the person on the night prior. So, apparently we were in a never ending loop.

Other problems and concerns we had are follows. When we woke up, there was a statement under our door which showed the room charge and that it would be settled to our credit card. Not seeing the comp credit, I called the front desk who advised that they would credit our room and e-mail a new statement. I asked what happened and was the credit reversed. The front desk said it was. I asked why and was told because they had to charge the room first before the credit was to be given. I find this hard to believe. I am speculating that the front desk was hoping that we wouldn't notice, would end our trip, see the charge on our credit card, call to inquire and be told they knew nothing.

Additionally, we use hotel fitness facilities when we travel. This hotel does not have an adequate facility. There was one cross trainer and two treadmills. I waited 20 minutes for the crosstrainer to free up and once it was free, someone who was already on a treadmill ran over and got on the crosstrainer before I had a chance. Despite the person admitting they had worked out for 35 minutes on the treadmill and after I told the person that I was waiting for the cross trainer, the person said they had been staying at the hotel for six days and had waited every morning 30 - 60 minutes for the cross trainer to open up.

At "rush hour" in the a.m., the three elevators are overused and there is a wait. Also at rush hour, the free breakfast, which was well stocked and had ample offerings, was overwhelmed with people. It was difficult to gain access to the food and there were insufficient tables at which to eat.

We won't be staying here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JFortMyers
carlacecilia89, Guest Service Coordinator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

I will be addressing your concerns with our teams to ensure that we can provide all of our guests with a spectacular experience.

If you have any additional feedback that would help us improve our service and offerings, we would love to hear it. Please feel free to contact me directly at carla.chauca@hilton.com .

Binghamton
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I made reservations here for a night for my brother's bachelor party. I was coming from out of town but the majority of our group was from just outside of Boston. Not being familiar with the neighborhood, I made the mistake of taking the address of the hotel and putting it in my GPS...my brother did the same thing. Both GPS's took us through the neighborhood next to the hotel, but from that East Boston neighborhood, you could not get to the front of the hotel due to locked gates around the hotel. Just an FYI, put Logan Airport in your GPS and then instead of going toward the airports gates, take the exit that takes you to where the rent a car places are. The only other bad thing was that it was 35.00/night to have your car parked. There was no other option. Staff was very nice though and the room was adequate. Breakfast was really great, lots of options and all of it looked good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mohamed E
carlacecilia89, Guest Service Coordinator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your thoughts. While I'm glad that you enjoyed your interaction with our staff and our delicious breakfast, I apologize that you had difficulties in getting around the hotel. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you return to the area; one of our many helpful associates would graciously provide you with assistance to help facilitate your stay. Many thanks again, and we hope to hear more from you soon!

All the best,
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel when visiting a friend in Boston, I chose it due to it's proximity to the airport, free shuttle to and from the airport and free breakfast.

Arrival and check in was done fast at around 4pm, the front desk staff was cheerful and helpful, I was quickly assigned a room on the 7th floor for my 2 night stay.

The first night was atrocious, there were teens in the room next to me partying it up, to the point where I had to call security to tame them down. It took 45 minutes for them to arrive and shush the inconsiderate people next door. back to sleep for what's left of the night.

That morning I went to the breakfast buffet, and It was great, lots of cereals and warm items to pick from, juices and coffee, I have to say great job on that!

For my 2nd night I made sure to go to the front desk and ensure I wouldn't have a repeat of night 1 with the party next door, the clerk did a quick check and told me the room had been vacated, that they were only there for 1 night, I did tell them that I didn't get any sleep, and pretty much that I was not impressed with that... I got a feeling they didn't care that much since they were sure the problem wouldn't repeat itself on the second night....

I used the shuttle as well to get to the subway close to the airport, that is the best way to get downtown for 2.50$. I came back via taxi at a cost of 35$ (yipes).

I liked the location, the room was spacious, the shuttle and breakfast were all great. Since I was a HHonors member, I got free wifi for my stay!!!

I recommend.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor facing the airport, and noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 4074
Thank you for choosing our property for your travel needs and for taking time to submit your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear about the noise disturbance and, though, our team receives very few noise related complaints, I completely understand the inconvenience and our Guest Services team will gladly accommodate the request for a quieter room.
I also thank you for sharing your comments, regarding our friendly front desk staff and complimentary breakfast.

Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at our property.

Safe travels!

Meltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We spent 10 nights here in June. We chose the location based on cost (it is one hundred dollars more a night to stay 'downtown' with breakfast not included) Saying that, we still thought it was still a bit expensive for an 'airport hotel'
The hotel staff were very friendly and always helpful, however we visited the 'Alchohol free' Managers Reception a few times, and on two of the nights we found the bar waiter, very curt and rather unfriendly!
Rooms are clean and well equipped, we were on 9th floor overlooking the airport, the room was quiet, apart from the AC system that clunked a bit and at one time died on us, this was repaired very quickly however. We had one noisy neighbor for one night, who insisted on slamming their door every 30 seconds! again we reported this to the front desk, who sent a member of staff to the room, and it was again resolved very quickly.
Breakfast was good and could get a bit busy, The large urn of iced lemon water in the reception was a nice touch, especially after sight seeing in the hot city.
The subway is 5 minutes walk across a well kept park, two stops to down town Aquarium station
We hired a car and found the Avis office about 2 minutes walk from the hotel, very handy for pick up and drop off. The hotel valet parking works well.....but is very expensive.
The shuttle bus to and from the airport saves a lot of time and money, on arrival at the airport just call the hotel and the shuttle is there for you in 5 mins.
We would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a down town view across the Charles River otherwise your view is the street or...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!