“Coming Through For Us Again”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Ranked #60 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Burlington, Vermont
“Coming Through For Us Again”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We travel a fair bit as a family, and we are always looking for a good deal, but because we are with our kids, certain things are just as important to us. First off, a hotel has to be clean and safe, and good service is a must. We like to find hotels that include breakfast, and being kid-friendly is a big bonus in our eyes.

The Embassy Suites at Logan is one of favorite hotels for all of these reasons, and just recently we had yet another great experience with them. We love this place. We traveled to California by way of Boston, and one thing that really bums me out is long term parking. Not only is it expensive, but for what it is, it always strikes me as a rip off. For a week trip it can easily cost over $100, which just kills me. Normally we take the bus down, but that costs over $100, as well, even though we enjoy the ride and the fact that we don’t have to worry about our car.

I contacted the Embassy Suites and it turns out they have a park and fly package. For a very reasonable fee, I can’t recall how much but it was a fraction of the cost of long term parking (less than $50), we could park the car in the hotel lot (they valet) and take the shuttle to Logan. The catch is you have to stay at least one night in the hotel, which was our plan. Our flight home was arriving late, so we were going to stay one night and then drive home to Vermont.

The trip home from California, however, was a mess. Flights were cancelled and we ended up spending the night Philadelphia, which was a complete drag because we got about 5 hours of sleep catching the next flight to Boson, but it also meant we couldn’t stay at Embassy Suites Logan. Their service is outstanding and the breakfast is amazing.

Anyway, we had a reservation, and now we were going to have to cancel it at the last minute. In the past, we’ve had hotels charge us for last minute cancellations, and I was expecting as much this time around, but Embassy Suites Logan was very cool about it.

They were very helpful and friendly, as usual. They cancelled our reservation no problem, and simply charged us for parking the car, which ended up being more than we wanted to pay for parking, but a lot less because we didn’t have to pay for the hotel. I came away from it very pleased.

You just don’t find that kind of friendly and understanding service these days. It’s all about nickel and dime-ing you for every penny, and they really compromise what they offer you.

This is not the case at the Embassy Suites Logan. Their service is excellent, they have reasonable rates and great deals on the park and fly, their location is convenient for flying and they have a free shuttle, and the hotel itself is very nice. And, as I’ve mentioned, the breakfast is worth the price of admission, I’ve never seen anything like it in a reasonably priced hotel. Maybe in Europe, but not so much in the U.S.

In the end, I can’t recommend Embassy Suites Logan enough. Whether or not you’re traveling with your family, this is just a great place to stay when you’re flying in or out of Logan Airport.

Room Tip: The park and fly package is a great deal.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fred L
paola_giacalone, Concierge at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for the great comments. I appreciate you taking the time share your experience at our hotel. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Never stayed at an Embasy Suite but will definitely go back to one. I had a real good experience there the whole week in regards to meals, conferences and accomodations. The location was a plus for easy access in and around Boston.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy you enjoyed your stay at our property. I hope you get to visit us again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Keep in mind that Boston laws do not allow for the free beer and wine that you are use to during the manager's reception at Embassy Suites. The hotel is nice and clean but the prices in the restaurant are high. I'll definitely stay there again but I may venture out to find an alternative dining experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I got to the hotel in the early evening and had to catch an early flight the next day. Staff was very helpful. Valet kept my rental car close, so I could check in and change before returning my rental car. The rental car facility is right next door, so no need to keep your rental an extra day, the shuttle runs to Logan 24/7. No happy hour drinks because of local laws, didn't here exactly why. The food in the restaurant was pretty good and large portions. Flight was too early to enjoy breakfast. It took less than 10 minutes to get to my terminal on the shuttle. I was pleased with my stay and would recommend the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is literally a stones throw from the end of the runways. Shuttle service runs 24 hours and were very prompt when we called even though it was well after midnight. Nice breakfast and pleasant staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott S
globalflyereal
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I love Embassy Suites. The space, the atrium, the free breakfast and the evening cocktail reception... oops... at this location there is only a choice of NON-alcoholic beverages! I was really surprised as this is one of the main "treats" that the Embassy Suites chain offers. Maybe it was a local ordinance against free alcohol? Regardless the hotel was great. As a Gold member I had two diet sodas, two bottles of water and a basket of snacks waiting for me in my room. Great touch! If you do not want to wait for the airport shuttle, just take the free terminal bus that also stops at the Airport "T" station (Blue Line) and it is a stone's throw walk across a park to the hotel. And only 2 stops to the Faneuil Hall and Aquarium areas of Boston. The restaurant offerred a nice menu as well. I would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank globalflyereal
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Boston area. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our facility and hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting Boston
Montville
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Clean, near to Boston airport, and down town. The suit is good for a 4-people family. Breakfast included is above the average continental breakfasts in pricey hotels. But no free Wi-Fi (cost $9.99 if you want) in room is a weak point although there is free internet in Business center. The $35 over night parking fee is an extra expanses.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Guoyin Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Charlestown
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!