“Not as convenient as it seems”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Ranked #61 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Embassy Suites is very near the Boston airport, with a free shuttle, but you have to call the shuttle to have it come to pick you up, which takes about 20 minutes to get there. There is no way to walk there, although it's quite close. Departing by taxi is very inconvenient: there is no taxi line, you have to have the desk call one for you, and it took 15-20 minutes for me, and that only after I had them make a second call.

The restaurant is fine, good service although the dinner menu is a bit over-priced. Free breakfast was very good, lots of variety.

One elevator was out of service when I was there, and one seemed to be available only for hotel staff, so there was only one running. That made waits very long, I contemplated walking down from the 7th floor carrying my bag but waited for 10 minutes for the elevator instead.

The rooms are reasonably large, with a separate sitting area and small kichen area with microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The finishing and furnishings are a bit cheap but clean. The air conditioning was quite noisy, I ended up turning it off in order to sleep. Windows can be opened a bit for fresh air.

Overall, I prefer the Hilton right at the airport, which you can walk to from the terminal and has a better selection of restaurants and services, but you can usually get a much better price at the Embassy Suites.

Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We arrived late at night and the check-in was easy and the staff was very helpful and empathetic with our late travels. A nice breakfast and a quick walk to eh rental cat facility near the hotel and we were on our way. I love Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
paola_giacalone, Concierge at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We also love to see you return to our hotel on your next trip to boston.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

There's a lot of construction around it now (June 2014) so maybe the location will get better, but right now it feels like the hotel is in the midst of one of those endless construction sites/ industrial areas around an airport. The location is quite grim. No parking, only valet, and that is rather expensive ($35 a night.)

However, my room was clean, room service was prompt and quite nice (I recommend the chef salad) and every interaction with staff was more than satisfactory. It was much, much less expensive than anything nearer in to Boston proper, and so I am not unhappy.

I didn't notice airport noise, which I attribute to having an "inside" room with no real view. All in all, not bad, but don't go thinking that you'll take a walk after dinner.

I'd really like to give this place a higher rating, but the neighborhood is something else. As I said, it looks like it might improve, so don't write this one off without an inquiry.

Room Tip: Be aware that a "handicap accessible" room does not necessarily include a walk in shower...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ozma
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice clean room, the location is not so great. No parking, only valet and its pretty expensive. Some of the employees at the reception are not smiling...

Good breakfast in the morning.

Overall nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

So hubby and I were in town for a very big conference and unfortunately many of the downtown hotels were booked by the time we booked. Unless we wanted to pay twice the price. I have to agree with a prior review, the staff is slow, and you can't find them. the location of the hotel prevents you from just walking outside to your destination or to flag down a cab. So the concierge would need to call a cab for us constantly, which isn't the hotels fault but it is not convenient. So the first day we are there we ask for a cab from the concierge and she tells us instead of a cab to take the shuttle to the airport and the take the sliver line to our destination. We get on the shuttle-which is very nice and clean and are dropped at the airport. Well here's where it went downhill. The silver line is public transportation- 1 around the airport and 2, around a portion of the downtown. If you aren't a big fan of smelly people and being crammed standing on a bus for a 1/2 hr don't listen to the concierge. The cab ride was maybe 7 mins... The bus was a 1/2 hr of torture for my hubby. Why on earth the concierge told us to take the bus is beyond me, looking back maybe she didn't understand? I don't know. also every day(we were there for 3 night/4 days), our room keys were reset/ wiped out. Now I know you probably think we stored it next to something that did that- but we left 1 room key in the room and took one, both were not working. So every night when we got back at 11pm after going all the way up to the 8th floor we'd find we could not get into our room. Back downstairs to stand in the check in line for 20mins-1/2hr to get the key reset. Not fun. The 2nd night we were there the line was insanely long because the hotel had overbooked by 10 rooms and the angry people who didn't have rooms at 11:30 at night were all waiting inline to speak with the 2 customer service ladies on duty. The hotel is clean, I'll give it that. The breakfast is "ok" although if you eat fruit or are in search of the yogurt/granola- good luck it's not that impressive. The hot breakfast is good- according to my hubby. Anyway, if you going to be staying more than a day or two and moving about the city- try to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jessandjohnforever
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The rooms are about what you would expect. This isn't the Ritz and it's not a Motel 6, either. Everything was a little worn in. This is to be if expected if you believe one of the shuttle drivers who told me the hotel is at capacity almost every night.
The free breakfast was fantastic, the best I've ever had. There are different stations with hot food, including a made-to-order omelet station. Please tip the omelet guy! People never do, and he doesn't touch your money and then touch your food.
There were also plenty of healthy options, like fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels, etc.
My real issue was the service. It started when I stepped off the shuttle. I arrived on the property at around 11:30 PM, so the night auditor checked me in. He didn't greet me or anything. He just asked for my ID, which I gave, and then he handed me the keys. He then stepped behind the desk without another word. I was left wandering the lobby in search of the elevators. That's when Eliseo found me. He's in the hotel's engineering department, I think. I don't really know. Anyway, he showed me where the elevators were and helped me with my bags. He was one of the few friendly staffers. When I got to the room though, the keys weren't working. Thank goodness my mom was in the room, as she had arrived a few hours before me.
The next day I retrieved a package that was shipped to me at the hotel. The staff had stored it in the coat room. The bellman made a big show, grumbling and keeping us waiting for 20 MINUTES in the lobby while he got it.
I have to say, the bell staff at this hotel is the most miserable and unhappy I've ever met. Sorry. I don't say that kind of thing lightly, but there's no nicer way to describe them.They never greeted us. They never offered to help with luggage. They always seemed to be somewhere else when you needed them. On our third day there, I walked through the door with a severely skinned knee, literally dripping blood. I walked past three bellman in the office, the concierge, and a desk clerk, and no one offered so much as a bandaid. They never forgot to extend hands asking for a tip though.
I really don't like that. I think it's presumptuous to expect you'll be rewarded for a poor job. Another example of this was the concierge, who handed us a "Catch Me at my Best" form from Hilton, so we could submit praise in writing to her boss. She explicitly asked us to fill it out and say good things. It put us in a really awkward position when we didn't like her recommendation, Villa Francesca. Yelpers and Trip Advisors also seem to find it mediocre.
Another issue with service was that there always seemed to be dishes outside of rooms in the hallway. We would go out in the morning, and when we returned to the hotel in the evening those same plates would still be sitting there, only now the food reeked. The odor was sometimes practically gag-inducing, depending on the amount of food and dishes left in the poorly ventilated corridors. This happened on three of our four nights staying there.
This hotel charges a premium for its location. If you have the budget to stay here, please take my advice and don't. I don't think it would be money well spent. Use that premium for a nicer hotel with a nicer staff somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GollySam
Elaine R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

It is to my regret to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your visit. On behalf of the Embassy Suites Hotel, kindly accept my sincere apologies. I wish there was an opportunity for the management to have been made aware of your experiences while you were here. The experience you had is not at all standard. Rest assured your concerns will be addressed accordingly.

Allow me to reiterate my apologies and I assure you that we will tackle your concerns. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

It was my first suite ever, so I was impressed. Great bed and shower, two TVS and phones (although one phone wasn't working.) Wonderful "free" breakfast, including made to order omelettes, and a veggie and soft drink break in the afternoon.
Downside was difficulty with wake up call. It had to ring up three times even though you had already picked up the receiver once.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
paola_giacalone, Concierge at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel Boston and for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us escpecially the convenience it brought to your travels. Thank you for the positive feedback! I am pleased that you have chosen to stay with us.
We hope to be at your service again in the future! Thank you so much for your feedback.

Best Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Charlestown
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!