“Filthy, noisy, Expensive”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Filthy, noisy, Expensive”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel on the 5th of August. I needed a hotel close to the airport, as I had a 5:30 flight to catch. Besides the noise form the hallways, the airconditioning banging every time it cycled kept me from getting any sleep at all. I was invited to a free happy hour in the restaurant, and was disgusted by the lack of cleanliness in the restaurant. All of the table tops were sticky, and the soda fountain bar surface looked like it had been wiped with the floor mop. The elevator were filthy when I retired to my room, and when I left for the airport, it was obvious that they had not been cleaned. What a horrible pig sty experience for $300....that was $50/hr for the time I was in the room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, spend $50 more and stay at the Hilton if you need an airport hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Elaine R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience during your recent visit. The experience you had is not at all standard. I am wondering if you got the chance of addressing these concerns to any of our Guest Services team or Management team prior to leaving the hotel. Having the knowledge of our guest's experience allows us to improve the level of guest satisfaction and an opportunity to Make it Right.

Allow me to reiterate my apologies. If there's anything else that I could be of service or any further information you would like to share, you may reach me at elaine.roberson@hilton.com.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Located within a brief shuttle from airport. Friendly staff, typical Embassy brand and amenities. This hotel gets lots of occupancy, the rooms and facilities reflect high utilization and volume. The location offers a decent selection on nearby restaurants within a five to ten minute walk from hotel. Overall, nice place, nothing special.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
paola_giacalone, Concierge at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband & I stayed here for 5 days in July. All employees were very accomodating and the facilities we used were well maintained. Literally minutes from airport dropoff, 1 minute from rental car station and a short walk through a park to the T station! And the breakfast was huge, plentiful and diverse. We especially liked Ryan, one the breakfast employees! Not only did he bring us coffee, etc. when we could have got it ourselves, He remembered details about us, our trip and preferences. He even helped me try to figure out some of the messaging on the tv close captioning in the dining area :)
This was our second stay at this hotel and we would not think of staying anywhere else while in Boston!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
paola_giacalone, Concierge at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so pleased that your entire experience was so positive. We certainly appreciate the wonderful comments on your recent visit and are grateful for choosing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you back again soon

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here because we had a 9am flight, and it was ideal for that purpose.

It's right next to the airport's car rental centre - we walked it in five minutes - which was very useful for us! It is also just under 10 minutes walk to the airport T station, meaning you can get downtown in about 20 minutes in total - very handy.

Check in staff very friendly and helpful too.

The room was good - a suite, of course, so plenty of space. And although it was a bit of a walk between the elevator and room, it was hardly a trek - think 30 seconds, as opposed to the usual 15 or so in another hotel.

View-wise, well, its a hotel next to an airport and some freeways. You're hardly going to see a herd of wildebeest sweeping majestically...but I digress

The shuttle service to the airport was good too - takes about 2 or 3 minutes to get to the various terminals/drop-offs.

If you're in need of somewhere to stay before a flight, this place is ideal

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I agree with you that our property is conveniently close to the airport. I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location, amenities and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon on your next trip to Boston.

Your in Hospitality
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We spent four nights here and had a wonderful time. The two room suite was perfect for our family. Having a separate living room area where the adults could watch television when the children went to bed was a plus. It was a very short walk through a beautiful park to the Airport Blue Line T stop. This made it very convenient to get around Boston using the T. We bought the weekly T pass for $19 per adult. Children under 12 are free. We easily traveled to downtown Boston, Fenway Park, Cambridge, and other sightseeing points on the T lines without difficulty. The complementary hot buffet breakfast every morning was fantastic. In addition to made-to-order omelettes, they have a selection of other breakfast items including eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels and pastries. There is also an evening reception with cheese, crackers, vegetables, fruit and non-alcoholic drinks available. The concierge was unbelievably helpful and gave us many great tips. We had a beautiful view of the city out our windows. And, despite the fact that the hotel is very close to the airport, we did not hear the airplanes taking off or landing. The hotel was actually very quiet despite the fact that it appeared to be very busy in the lobby at all times. The hotel restaurant had decent food, but nothing special. The pool was very small, but adequate for our children to have a good time. There is also a very small fitness center. We would definitely stay here again when we return to Boston for our next trip.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very happy to read your comments and your great review about your recent stay and glad that you found the location, amenities and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon on your next trip to Boston.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for proximity to airport and family in the area. It is a huge hotel. I used some rewards points for part of my stay. The room they gave me was on the third floor, the view was level with the roof/ gravel of the atrium I would think that a loyalty guest would at least get a higher floor room considering it was requested on the reservation. I did request a higher floor at check in but was told none were clean or available. The elevator was a good distance from the room, like I said before its a huge hotel. The carpet in the hall has seen better days, and there were dirty breakfast dishes on the floor. At 5 o'clock? They stayed there till the next day. The room itself was clean but small. With 2 adults and two teens it was very tight.We requested a pull out but there was no place/no room to put it. The king bed mattress was very soft and when I did my bug check it was obviously very old. The air conditioner ran on and off loudly all night. There was a card with directions to turn off the fan to avoid noise but that didn't help. This hotel just needs a few updates to make it more comfortable. The breakfast was the usual , but they had a hard time keeping tables clean and there were huge piles of dirty dishes stacked around the dining area. We had to eat breakfast sitting at the bar. The transportation services were prompt and easy to use. Considering the points I had to use and the 100 cash for the rate, I was disappointed with the quality of this ES.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I do apologize that our property was not up to standard during your visit. We understand how important it is to choose a comfortable and fully functioning facility when traveling. I hope this experience does not deter you from visiting us again. Rest assured the rest of your concerns have been shared to the rest of the Management team to improve the level of our Guest Service Satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!
Your experience was not the usual for Embassy Suites Boston. Again thank you and we send our sincerest apologies.

Key West, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have stayed at both the Hilton and the Embassy at Logan. The Embassy is a better deal. It has the perfect location. Rental car drop off is only one minute away. Shuttle back to hotel was only a five minute wait for pick up. Shuttle to terminal is every 15 minutes.
Room was very clean. Quiet. There is construction in the area. However this does not matter. Check in and have a nice time before a early morning flight.

Now for the best part. A hot meal for breakfast early in the morning.

The price is right.

What else could you ask for?

Room Tip: Free wifi for Hilton members.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
paola_giacalone, Concierge at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014

Yours in Hospitality
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Charlestown
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!