Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed two nights a the Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport. This hotel is filthy. Lobby furniture is stained and the carpets are so dirty. Parking fee was outrageous. The room was freezing cold, could not regulate the temperature. No clock in the room. Floors and walls were dirty. Furniture and walls banged up, drawers and doors wouldn't close. Low water pressure in the shower. Very loud. Dark and dingy throughout. Toilet wouldn't flush, was told it would be fixed while we were out, but came back to the room and it was not. Had to change rooms at 10pm, that room was hot and the shower wouldn't shut off! Water damage on the ceiling and mold from that. Could not wait to get away from this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Elaine R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
It is to my regret to hear your experience. On behalf of the Embassy Suites I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Given the chance, I would like to hear more about your recent visit and get further details so we may address your concerns accordingly. You may reach me at elaine.roberson@hilton.com.

Allow me to reiterate my apologies. I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed in room 309 with a friend one night en route to a conference in New England. We shared a suite on the third floor with one king bed and a sofa bed. We arrived in the morning and the valet efficiently and courteously stored our luggage. Overall, the valet service was excellent (although we travelled without a vehicle so I can't comment on the parking service). Hotel is close to the Blue line T station located just a few minutes walking distance across a large park. Otherwise, the area seems to be mainly industrial, but the main downtown is just a couple of subway stops away. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, with lots of options and free of charge. They don't actually check that you are staying at the hotel at the buffet so anyone interested can just sneak in as they please. We got a discounted rate on our room because of the conference, so we paid about $200 total for one night, far less than the maximum amount for the room listed on the back of our door ($499).

Now for the negative aspects of the hotel. Since I had never stayed at a Hilton hotel before, I was expecting a little more luxury than we received. I am just a poor graduate student and most certainly not used to living a life of luxury, but in my opinion the room itself was average at best, very similar to what I've had at places like Ramada and Super 8. The highly-advertised two-room benefit isn't anything to get excited about either. There were black scuff marks on our door and the sofa furniture was outdated and uncomfortable. Wifi is extra (ours was covered by the conference) which is ridiculous in 2014. The plumbing was loud - I woke up because someone in the next room was showering. The desk staff were helpful but not super enthusiastic in their role. My major complaint was that I called the front desk to have an extra blanket sent up which never arrived. After half an hour I called again and housekeeping came within a few minutes. I felt like my request was either ignored or forgotten the first time.

Overall I probably wouldn't stay here again. Apparently the Hyatt nearby is better.

Room Tip: The hallway on the third floor is really cold - A/C on max day and night it seems
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ChemistrywizTO
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I do apologize that your request was not handled in a timely manner. I am wondering if we may discuss further details about your experience so we may address your concerns accordingly. You may reach me at elaine.roberson@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful day!
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our stay at the Embassy Suites near the airport was to be in town and ready to leave on a Bermuda Cruise the next day. So we expected a clean comfortable room and not much else. What we got was the hotel's shuttle from the airport to the hotel, a great room; very clean, very comfortable and more, much, much more. The hotel provides breakfast included in the price. This breakfast was not off the shelf pastries, cereal and fruit, it was all that but include breakfast meats and cooked to order eggs. We got in too late for the snacks they serve in the evening and if it was like the breakfast it would have been great. That was a delightful surprise and made the hotel worth the price and more. But that is only the beginning of the story. The concierge Paula arranged a great for the price transportation to the dock the morning of our cruise and that elevated a great deal of stress on what can be a stressful morning. All that was so much more than we ever thought we'd get, but for us the best part was to come. Our flight home the last day of our cruise wasn't until almost seven that evening. That left us with all kinds of time on our hands and three suit cases and two totes to lug around all day. We instead went back to the Embassy Suites to stow the luggage spend the day in the city got back to the Embassy Suites collect our bags and got the shuttle to the airport. Top to bottom from the bell staff, the desk staff and the concierge Paula were everything you might expect if you were royalty. We aren't so this was an exceptionally wonderful treat for us. I'm sure that the Embassy Suite staff gets rave reviews all the time - let us add another.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback. What's even better is that you were able to recognize our team's efforts specifically Paola. Rest assured this will be shared to the rest of the team to boost their morale. I am sure they will be glad to hear it.

Thank you so much and we hope you'll choose stay with us again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel on the 5th of August. I needed a hotel close to the airport, as I had a 5:30 flight to catch. Besides the noise form the hallways, the airconditioning banging every time it cycled kept me from getting any sleep at all. I was invited to a free happy hour in the restaurant, and was disgusted by the lack of cleanliness in the restaurant. All of the table tops were sticky, and the soda fountain bar surface looked like it had been wiped with the floor mop. The elevator were filthy when I retired to my room, and when I left for the airport, it was obvious that they had not been cleaned. What a horrible pig sty experience for $300....that was $50/hr for the time I was in the room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, spend $50 more and stay at the Hilton if you need an airport hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear about your experience during your recent visit. The experience you had is not at all standard. I am wondering if you got the chance of addressing these concerns to any of our Guest Services team or Management team prior to leaving the hotel. Having the knowledge of our guest's experience allows us to improve the level of guest satisfaction and an opportunity to Make it Right.

Allow me to reiterate my apologies. If there's anything else that I could be of service or any further information you would like to share, you may reach me at elaine.roberson@hilton.com.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Located within a brief shuttle from airport. Friendly staff, typical Embassy brand and amenities. This hotel gets lots of occupancy, the rooms and facilities reflect high utilization and volume. The location offers a decent selection on nearby restaurants within a five to ten minute walk from hotel. Overall, nice place, nothing special.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
paola_giacalone, Concierge at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014

Yours in Hospitality
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband & I stayed here for 5 days in July. All employees were very accomodating and the facilities we used were well maintained. Literally minutes from airport dropoff, 1 minute from rental car station and a short walk through a park to the T station! And the breakfast was huge, plentiful and diverse. We especially liked Ryan, one the breakfast employees! Not only did he bring us coffee, etc. when we could have got it ourselves, He remembered details about us, our trip and preferences. He even helped me try to figure out some of the messaging on the tv close captioning in the dining area :)
This was our second stay at this hotel and we would not think of staying anywhere else while in Boston!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
paola_giacalone, Concierge at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so pleased that your entire experience was so positive. We certainly appreciate the wonderful comments on your recent visit and are grateful for choosing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you back again soon

Yours in Hospitality
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here because we had a 9am flight, and it was ideal for that purpose.

It's right next to the airport's car rental centre - we walked it in five minutes - which was very useful for us! It is also just under 10 minutes walk to the airport T station, meaning you can get downtown in about 20 minutes in total - very handy.

Check in staff very friendly and helpful too.

The room was good - a suite, of course, so plenty of space. And although it was a bit of a walk between the elevator and room, it was hardly a trek - think 30 seconds, as opposed to the usual 15 or so in another hotel.

View-wise, well, its a hotel next to an airport and some freeways. You're hardly going to see a herd of wildebeest sweeping majestically...but I digress

The shuttle service to the airport was good too - takes about 2 or 3 minutes to get to the various terminals/drop-offs.

If you're in need of somewhere to stay before a flight, this place is ideal

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I agree with you that our property is conveniently close to the airport. I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location, amenities and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon on your next trip to Boston.

Your in Hospitality
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!