“Terrible embassy”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Ranked #61 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I'm so impressed with this embassy suites. As a gold hilton honor member I have been in so many embassy suites around the US but this one was just really bad. Very rude restaurant staff and even racist. Prices was extremely high and Rooms have odor and some with things falling from roof. They really need a better management ASAP.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Calish
CharleneH493, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I have received your feedback reagrding your stay. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have endured especially in the restaurant. Your comments are very troubling and we would not want someone else to have the same experience. I would like to hear more details from your stay. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone. My name is Charlene and I am the Assistant Front Office Manager (Charlene.hay@hilton.com). If you would like you can also contact the General Manager directly at Michael.frotten@hilton.com.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport

Reviewed 12 August 2014

NOTE. THIS PLACE DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY ALCOHOL IN THE EVENING RECEPTION - DUE TO STATE LAW APPARENTLY. A small embassy Suites near the airport and T subway airport station. Rooms ok but not spectacular. Smaller than other suites we've stayed at. Breakfast busy as not a big area and omelettes station small and cooked on propane gas canisters.
Noisy toilet flush and a/c. Service ok but very limited places to eat around the area to walk to.
We eat at the small hotel resturant is was freezing as the a/c was on full and people were there in hoodies in August . Request by several people to adjust turn it off we're ignored. Very uncomfortable. Food was nice but overpriced and not enjoyed due to the cold drafts.
Complained to hotel manager and had discount off food. The Hilton airport may be a better choice. Free wifi code if you ask but for nearly 300 usd per night it's not free is it ?

Room Tip: Room 244 and close are a long long way from the lift and have noise fan in the corridor Ask for ro...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you taking the time to provide the details of your experience at the hotel. I do apologize the property was not to your liking. We will take your comments and inform the departments involved in order to improve the service we provide to our guests. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

First a shout out to Jackie Del Rio at the front desk who very patiently looked for a room with 2 beds for my family. She could have just blown me off (I was only able to book a room with one king and a sleeper sofa), but she took the time to make it work. Absolutely improved everyone's mood for the remainder of our vacation! I was worried that staying so far away from downtown would be a problem. However, we walked to the T stop and had no trouble getting around town and returning to the hotel after an early dinner. My kids are teenagers, so they can walk long distances now -- I would not recommend this strategy if you have smaller kids (paying more for a downtown hotel would be worth it). The kids used the pool, and we all walked down to the waterfront park at dusk one night to see the city. There are a lot of local families on the street and in the nearby park in the early evening-- we felt pretty safe.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank denverista
Elaine R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for the kind words specifically for recognizing the efforts of Jackie. I have forwarded this great feedback to the rest of the team.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel was very nice and it was very close to the subway which was nice to get into the city. Also very easy to get to from the highway. The only draw back was that it had a limited breakfast, had to pay for your drinks at the complementary happy hour and the hot tub was now working. The rooms were very clean and nice.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed two nights a the Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport. This hotel is filthy. Lobby furniture is stained and the carpets are so dirty. Parking fee was outrageous. The room was freezing cold, could not regulate the temperature. No clock in the room. Floors and walls were dirty. Furniture and walls banged up, drawers and doors wouldn't close. Low water pressure in the shower. Very loud. Dark and dingy throughout. Toilet wouldn't flush, was told it would be fixed while we were out, but came back to the room and it was not. Had to change rooms at 10pm, that room was hot and the shower wouldn't shut off! Water damage on the ceiling and mold from that. Could not wait to get away from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Elaine R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

It is to my regret to hear your experience. On behalf of the Embassy Suites I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Given the chance, I would like to hear more about your recent visit and get further details so we may address your concerns accordingly. You may reach me at elaine.roberson@hilton.com.

Allow me to reiterate my apologies. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed in room 309 with a friend one night en route to a conference in New England. We shared a suite on the third floor with one king bed and a sofa bed. We arrived in the morning and the valet efficiently and courteously stored our luggage. Overall, the valet service was excellent (although we travelled without a vehicle so I can't comment on the parking service). Hotel is close to the Blue line T station located just a few minutes walking distance across a large park. Otherwise, the area seems to be mainly industrial, but the main downtown is just a couple of subway stops away. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, with lots of options and free of charge. They don't actually check that you are staying at the hotel at the buffet so anyone interested can just sneak in as they please. We got a discounted rate on our room because of the conference, so we paid about $200 total for one night, far less than the maximum amount for the room listed on the back of our door ($499).

Now for the negative aspects of the hotel. Since I had never stayed at a Hilton hotel before, I was expecting a little more luxury than we received. I am just a poor graduate student and most certainly not used to living a life of luxury, but in my opinion the room itself was average at best, very similar to what I've had at places like Ramada and Super 8. The highly-advertised two-room benefit isn't anything to get excited about either. There were black scuff marks on our door and the sofa furniture was outdated and uncomfortable. Wifi is extra (ours was covered by the conference) which is ridiculous in 2014. The plumbing was loud - I woke up because someone in the next room was showering. The desk staff were helpful but not super enthusiastic in their role. My major complaint was that I called the front desk to have an extra blanket sent up which never arrived. After half an hour I called again and housekeeping came within a few minutes. I felt like my request was either ignored or forgotten the first time.

Overall I probably wouldn't stay here again. Apparently the Hyatt nearby is better.

Room Tip: The hallway on the third floor is really cold - A/C on max day and night it seems
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChemistrywizTO

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I do apologize that your request was not handled in a timely manner. I am wondering if we may discuss further details about your experience so we may address your concerns accordingly. You may reach me at elaine.roberson@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our stay at the Embassy Suites near the airport was to be in town and ready to leave on a Bermuda Cruise the next day. So we expected a clean comfortable room and not much else. What we got was the hotel's shuttle from the airport to the hotel, a great room; very clean, very comfortable and more, much, much more. The hotel provides breakfast included in the price. This breakfast was not off the shelf pastries, cereal and fruit, it was all that but include breakfast meats and cooked to order eggs. We got in too late for the snacks they serve in the evening and if it was like the breakfast it would have been great. That was a delightful surprise and made the hotel worth the price and more. But that is only the beginning of the story. The concierge Paula arranged a great for the price transportation to the dock the morning of our cruise and that elevated a great deal of stress on what can be a stressful morning. All that was so much more than we ever thought we'd get, but for us the best part was to come. Our flight home the last day of our cruise wasn't until almost seven that evening. That left us with all kinds of time on our hands and three suit cases and two totes to lug around all day. We instead went back to the Embassy Suites to stow the luggage spend the day in the city got back to the Embassy Suites collect our bags and got the shuttle to the airport. Top to bottom from the bell staff, the desk staff and the concierge Paula were everything you might expect if you were royalty. We aren't so this was an exceptionally wonderful treat for us. I'm sure that the Embassy Suite staff gets rave reviews all the time - let us add another.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback. What's even better is that you were able to recognize our team's efforts specifically Paola. Rest assured this will be shared to the rest of the team to boost their morale. I am sure they will be glad to hear it.

Thank you so much and we hope you'll choose stay with us again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Charlestown
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!