“Old but clean.”

Ranked #80 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Mount Pleasant, United States
“Old but clean.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Right away you can tell that this hotel has been around for awhile but to me this just added to its charm. It is well located by back bay rail station and Copley square. Breakfast was good nothing to write home about but my kids and I thought it was good. Yes, I would stay here again. If you like everything new and not historic this is not the place for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank John F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in the Boston Common Hotel for two nights in July 2014. The hotel is very well located, close to the Prudential Centre, Boston Common and the bars and restaurants of Boylston Street. The amenities are basic and the room was pretty small but it was quiet and well air conditioned. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Dublin1984
South Berwick, Maine
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Went for just a night for work conference. Great location, the lobby was good but the room seemed very dated and the elevator made me nervous. The staff was very friendly and helpful with finding places nearby. They even sent someone to meet me when I could not find the entrance. Would probably go again though.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank cemer1215
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Was this the nicest hotel I ever stayed in while in Boston? Absolutely not. However, finding a hotel in the actual city of Boston for under $150 a night is a steal in my book. The hotel is old and awkwardly constructed, but the room I stayed in was fine.

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the place was quiet. That was all that I was looking for and that is exactly what I got. Plus, this place is right around the corner from the train station and within walking distance of a lot of great bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Don't be scared by the word "suite" when booking. For like an extra $10 a night, go fo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Frank R
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The location is great, I dont think you could get better for the price.If you can let me know and i will take it next time Yes its old and needs updating but the rooms were clean.
The breakfast was very poor
I found the front staff helpful for my needs
I would go back again if i couldnt find a hotel in a similar central location for the same price

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

middle village, ny
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I did not even stay the night. Upon arrival the lobby is dingy dirty and smelling of stale cigarettes. I decided we should check out the room before running away screaming. I found the room in the same state. Stained furniture and carpet, stale smell, old and moldy bathroom. Unpleasant is putting it nicely, creeped out is being honest. We went directly downstairs and said we would not be staying. The friendly desk clerk did offer us another room, but I failed to see the sense in it.I can't comment on the breakfast or anything else as I paid for the room (due to cancellation policy) and left quickly, having to book and pay for another room. We travel extensively using budget friendly hotels, but this place was, well, yuk! I have three words DO NOT BOOK.

Room Tip: Don't book a room at all
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ssheane

Travellers are raving about these Boston hotels

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Good location. Its near the train station and main shopping area.
However, it has disappointing rooms (bad furniture, the walls need renovation and bathrooms as well). The overall cleaning is bad. The breakfast is very poor. No employes were present most of the time, and everything was dirty. The breakfast room was always freezzing cold!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple