“A Febreeze of a feeling”

Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf
Ranked #27 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have stayed here several times because of the staff and cleanliness. It was great walking into a room which overllooked the water with a clean smelling room. In addition, breakfast was great and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

We're delighted to have been able to provide another enjoyable stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. Thank you for taking the time to compliment the cleanliness of our rooms. Your experience with us is a real reflection of the hard work and dedication of our staff and we greatly appreciate your warm and encouraging remarks. We are always happy to hear from our loyal guests and we look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

First, I want to say my wife and I are still staying at the Residence Inn, Tudor Wharf, Boston (Charleston), Mass. I want to let all the readers know what a fantastic place to stay. Just a brief mention on the location of the Inn before I talk about the staff. The inn is located across the river from downtown Boston. It is also located near one of the finest hospitals in the U.S., Mass General. This leads me to one important distinction as to the type of folks using this establishment. Many of the hotel residents are here for medical reasons of a family member. The Residence Inn recognizes the significance of what services they have to offer for this reason. During our first three days here, I noted there were many foreigners staying at the Inn. One family from Kuwait are here waiting for a new heart for a minor child. Another from Pakistan had other medical issues for a family member. Another lady was staying for a long period of time while her husband was being treated at the hospital. This leads me to one of the services this hotel offers that I have never seen before. The Residence Inn has suites with refrigerators, stoves and full kitchens. The significant special service apart from the usual dry cleaning and laundry is they offer to do shopping for guests FREE OF CHARGE. Yes, FREE. There is a list in the room that can be turned in before 9am each day. They will shop and put the groceries in the room while you attend to more important matters. I have travelled all over the world but have never seen this service offered free of charge. Another feature is free dinner, four nights a week for guests. Tonight was pulled pork, cole slaw, three bean salad, cookies and brownies. I talked with the chef, Luis, about the services offered. He started to tear up with pride as he explained most guests have more important things on their minds than cooking food. He was proud of the services his hotel offered to guests. Luis greeted all of us as if we were family. He has a huge capacity for understanding he is helping others in their sometimes darkest hours. I asked how he deals with cultural differences with such a wide diversity of clients, religions and food preparations. He was quick to note he must stay on top of all guest requests. While I watched him work, he instinctively moved between cultures in order not to offend anyone. He was just one of the many employees I noticed going above and beyond the standard for a hotel. Every employee I have come in contact with is warm, inviting and eager to help in any way possible. The Residence Inn does not feel like a hotel at all. It feels more like home.
I would and will recommend this hotel to everyone I meet.
Nice job!
The hotel location is actually in Charleston, not Boston. It is a five minute walk to the USS Constitution (oldest active service ship in the US Navy) and easy walk to Bunker hill (Breeds Hill), and Boston downtown. We walked across the locks to Boston and it was a twenty minute walk to Long Wharf and all train stations. A transit pass allows you access to water taxi's as well as ground and rail transportation. We also purchased a "Go Boston" pass for attractions and Off and On tour companies. This service drops you near the hotel. I will talk about, Beantown tours on another review.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite. Very good and sanitary. When ordering a room, ask for a room overlooking th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jtudbury
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Since we specialize in taking care of travelers and families requiring an extended stay, our main priority has always been to make each of our guests feel like they are part of our Residence Inn by Marriott family. My staff and I take great pride in ensuring that each of our valued guests feels right at home while visiting with us. It is truly heartwarming to read your warm remarks and I'd like to extend my sincere appreciation for your glowing review. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team, which will certainly put a smile on each and every one of our staff's faces. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope we'll have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Lovely hotel which is spotlessly clean, with great housekeeping staff.
10 minutes walk to Metro
However despite the high room rates there is no room safe. Something reasonable to expect.
The worse aspect is the morning breakfast is a poor.I don't expect a great selection. But I do not expect the cooked breakfast to be served cold.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your kind recognition of our housekeeping staff and their extra efforts to provide a clean and comfortable stay for our guests. Please keep in mind that a safe-deposit box is available at our front desk. Providing consistent quality is one of our top concerns so it is disappointing to learn that your dining experience with us did not meet your expectations. Rest assured, we will pass your review along to our staff to ensure that we improve in this area. Thank you for your review and we hope you'll choose to visit our property again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great Location , We got a great deal through work so this is why we stayed here , So i really shouldnt complain but i would not stay here otherwise , It was clean ish , I had to rinse out shower and basin before i would use ... I would not stand on the floor in the bathroom or bedroom in my bear feet , The room however was very spacious, curtains were very see through and the light would shine through... We didnt eat breakfast or dinner in the Hotel and didnt use any facilities, However i will stress it was a super location..We were their for thanks giving 'arrived' that day and everything was closed for Food and Drinks

Room Tip: Please ask for a 'VERY NICE' room :) in this case anyway
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your time spent at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. We hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences during your trip. We regret if your room did not reflect our usual high service standards and we will share your comments with the head of our housekeeping department. We are happy that we had the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and we hope you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel is a typical residence inn in a great location in Boston. It is easy to walk over to the city proper over the bridge, or for a more fun way to get to the heart of the city, take the MBTA ferry that leaves from nearby and goes over to long wharf.
The room was spacious and clean. The front desk staff were warm and helpful. A call to the front desk for ice was answered promptly, and they even followed up 20 mins later to see that the ice was delivered. We enjoyed the pool which was surrounded in glass that looked over the marina. We were the only ones there which was odd given the number of people staying.
One issue was the free breakfast. The area is quite small, and the hotel seemed to be close to capacity given the number of guests swarming the buffet. There weren't enough seats, so they opened a meeting room. I think they could've been a bit more proactive about getting seating ready given that they know how many people are staying at the hotel. Unfortunately it was raining, because outside would've been a great option with views of the marina and the North End. I have stayed at many Residence Inns, and can't figure out why they keep having a waffle station that takes several minutes to cook, and guests have to figure out how it works. After standing in the waffle line for 10 mins with my daughter we gave up as the people at the front of the line seemed to be making dozens of waffles.
Other than that we had a great stay here, it is a great central location for exploring the city, given its proximity to the Constitution, Bunker Hill, the North End, and TD Garden. There are so many things to do it was great to stay over and fit in more activities.

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor odd numbered side had views to the marina and the masts of the Constitutio...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

As a loyal guest of the Residence Inn by Marriott brand, we appreciate your input and we’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. We focus on providing friendly and attentive service to each of our guests and are always delighted to know when we have succeeded in this goal. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your experience at breakfast. While I assure you that the appropriate departments will be notified, I'd like to extend my apologies on behalf of my staff if our dining area was not better prepared for the amount of guests staying with us at this time. We are truly grateful for your honest feedback and for pointing out our central location in the Boston area. Located near so many top attractions, we hope to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We live about 25 miles from the city and decided to come in and spend the weekend here. This is an ideal location if you want to be on the waterfront, within walking distance to the North End or TD Bank North for concerts or sporting events. If you are interested in American history, Bunker Hill and the Constitution is within walking distance.
The staff from the front desk to the valet to the attendents in the breakfast room were so friendly and helpful. The hotel is spotless, the rooms are large and beds were very comfortable. We had a room that over looked the Zachem Bridge and the Boston skyline. The breakfast that is included was great. Hot and cold items and there is something for everyone. During the nice weather you canhave your breakfast out on the deck that overlooks the lower end of Boston Harbor. We will be going back for another quick getaway.

Room Tip: Higher floor. Any side of the building is great. One side overlooks the water. The other overlooks t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

We're delighted that you found your way to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. We are so glad that you made the most out of your time here and truly appreciate you pointing out our convenient location to the top attractions in our area. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you plan another getaway!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I decided to stay at the Residence Inn this past Labor Day Weekend. I saw good reviews for the hotel and thought it would be a great chance to check out the location, being I will be returning in the winter for a Bruins game at the Garden. As soon as I walked in I was greeted with friendly smiles from all the management. The room we received was overlooking TD Garden and in a great location right off the elevator. The room was very clean and the perfect size to accommodate all three of us. The continental breakfast was very good and had a great variety of breakfast choices. The hotel was in a great location, about 8 minutes walking to TD Garden and about 10-15 minutes to Quincy Market and other prime locations. We did not even have to move our car once. The hotel was a little on the high end for parking at $35/ day, but not as high as some of the other hotels in the area. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a great stay in Boston. I look forward to coming back for my next stay around the holidays.

Room Tip: Room 714 was right off the elevator and overlooked TD Garden. Great spot!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your story! We're always thrilled to know when our location to TD Garden and Quincy Market works out so well for a guest's visit. While we do find that our parking rates are comparable to the area, we hope you'll visit our website to check out our parking package for your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back this holiday season!