“Wish I could give 10 stars”

Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf
Ranked #24 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Wish I could give 10 stars”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Great great stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will come back to stay here on my next trip to Boston.
Had a bad experience with my previous stay and they just totally saved my trip!
As soon as I arrived I noticed how friendly the staff is.Lisa from the front desk was an angel! And Luis always gave us a warm smile, greeted us nicely, gave us nice advice about the area, and even gave my daughter a Dora sticker!!!
Breakfast was excellent and different every day and for our surprise they even have a free heavy snack a few afternoons a week.
Is just a short steps from US constitution Bunker Hill. Short walk from grocery store, drugstore, TD Garden and North train station.
....the pillows were the best!!!!!
I publicly thank the Residence Inn Boston Harbor again for saving my family's trip and hopefully see you again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eney27
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
We are truly pleased that we had the opportunity to welcome you and your family to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. Thank you for your kind and gracious comments as they have been well noted and will be shared with our team. Positive feedback, such as yours, is what motivates us to continue to provide the best possible service and we thank you for reaching out and sharing your most recent visit. We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have stayed in a number of Boston hotels at this point- and I loved my three nights here. First of all it is not that out of the way. Its a very pleasant 5-8 min walk on a little bridge along the locks to the T line at North Station or all the good food at the North End. I was a little concerned about walking it at night, so the first night I walked the big bridge from North Station but the second night I did the locks and there were plenty of people and lights. Maybe will not be the case in the dead of winter, but for that matter no where in Boston is warm.
The staff at check in and check out were really pleasant, and the lobby area nice. I loved my room- it was one of the little ones, with just a sofa and kitchenette and facing the other building, but totally quiet.I am sure the views of the water would have been nice, but so was my rate!
I really really liked the cheaper than usual parking at the surface lot nearby. Left my car there all week.
I will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank CSSnowshoer
We loved reading your enthusiastic comments regarding our property and location. We are always pleased when a guest mentions how well our location worked out during their visit here in Boston. As you mentioned, we are only a short walk from Boston's public transportation system, the T, as well as the many popular restaurants in the North End. If you have the chance to visit during the winter months, our front desk staff is always happy to help find with the most ideal transportation options during those chilly afternoons and nights. We are delighted that your stay inspired a return visit and we hope to welcome you back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf sooner than later.
massachusetts
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This hotel is on the Freedom Trail in the historic Boston neighborhood of Charlestown. You can stroll and enjoy the gas light Main Street and the exquisite brick row houses by the Bunker Hill Monument. It is one of Boston's oldest neighborhoos. Eat at the oldest pub in Massachusetts, the Warren Tavern or at one of Chef Todd English' original restaurants - Figs. Walk across the little Charlestown bridge to the North End which has the most incredible Italian restaurants and Paul Reveres house (also on the walking trail known as the Freedom Trail. Walk or take a cab to Boston's waterfront, Faneuil Hall, Beacon Hill and Chinatown. This is a great Boston location
for a great price. The hotel is a 4 star given it's features but I bumped it up to a 5 based upon it's location on the Charles in a historic neighborhood and value pricing..

Room Tip: See if you can use AAA and ask for a water view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank houseonthecape
We greatly appreciate your detailed review of the many historical attractions and eateries just steps away from us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. It seems like you've spent a good amount of time scouring the area for the best places to eat and we can't thank you enough for sharing your recommendations with our guests. If planning to travel back to our area, we hope you'll choose to stay with us again.
Waitsfield Vermont
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Like this hotel overall but breakfast is really poor... appreciate it is included but feels like MacDonalds when you're actually selecting and eating. Also valet parking is $35 which given the location seems excessive particularly as you really don't have any option. Rooms are spacious and typical Marriott style. Very clean. We had a dog in the room next door and knew about it rather early in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. We highly value our guests and always want to ensure that we are meeting each and every one of our guest’s needs. While we are saddened to learn that you were not overly impressed with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, your feedback will help us to improve the quality of our services. For a future visit, we hope you'll take a moment to visit our website to learn about our great parking package that's available.
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have stayed here several times because of the staff and cleanliness. It was great walking into a room which overllooked the water with a clean smelling room. In addition, breakfast was great and would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
We're delighted to have been able to provide another enjoyable stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf. Thank you for taking the time to compliment the cleanliness of our rooms. Your experience with us is a real reflection of the hard work and dedication of our staff and we greatly appreciate your warm and encouraging remarks. We are always happy to hear from our loyal guests and we look forward to your future visit.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 5 September 2013

First, I want to say my wife and I are still staying at the Residence Inn, Tudor Wharf, Boston (Charleston), Mass. I want to let all the readers know what a fantastic place to stay. Just a brief mention on the location of the Inn before I talk about the staff. The inn is located across the river from downtown Boston. It is also located near one of the finest hospitals in the U.S., Mass General. This leads me to one important distinction as to the type of folks using this establishment. Many of the hotel residents are here for medical reasons of a family member. The Residence Inn recognizes the significance of what services they have to offer for this reason. During our first three days here, I noted there were many foreigners staying at the Inn. One family from Kuwait are here waiting for a new heart for a minor child. Another from Pakistan had other medical issues for a family member. Another lady was staying for a long period of time while her husband was being treated at the hospital. This leads me to one of the services this hotel offers that I have never seen before. The Residence Inn has suites with refrigerators, stoves and full kitchens. The significant special service apart from the usual dry cleaning and laundry is they offer to do shopping for guests FREE OF CHARGE. Yes, FREE. There is a list in the room that can be turned in before 9am each day. They will shop and put the groceries in the room while you attend to more important matters. I have travelled all over the world but have never seen this service offered free of charge. Another feature is free dinner, four nights a week for guests. Tonight was pulled pork, cole slaw, three bean salad, cookies and brownies. I talked with the chef, Luis, about the services offered. He started to tear up with pride as he explained most guests have more important things on their minds than cooking food. He was proud of the services his hotel offered to guests. Luis greeted all of us as if we were family. He has a huge capacity for understanding he is helping others in their sometimes darkest hours. I asked how he deals with cultural differences with such a wide diversity of clients, religions and food preparations. He was quick to note he must stay on top of all guest requests. While I watched him work, he instinctively moved between cultures in order not to offend anyone. He was just one of the many employees I noticed going above and beyond the standard for a hotel. Every employee I have come in contact with is warm, inviting and eager to help in any way possible. The Residence Inn does not feel like a hotel at all. It feels more like home.
I would and will recommend this hotel to everyone I meet.
Nice job!
The hotel location is actually in Charleston, not Boston. It is a five minute walk to the USS Constitution (oldest active service ship in the US Navy) and easy walk to Bunker hill (Breeds Hill), and Boston downtown. We walked across the locks to Boston and it was a twenty minute walk to Long Wharf and all train stations. A transit pass allows you access to water taxi's as well as ground and rail transportation. We also purchased a "Go Boston" pass for attractions and Off and On tour companies. This service drops you near the hotel. I will talk about, Beantown tours on another review.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite. Very good and sanitary. When ordering a room, ask for a room overlooking th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jtudbury
ResidenceInnTudorWhf, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Since we specialize in taking care of travelers and families requiring an extended stay, our main priority has always been to make each of our guests feel like they are part of our Residence Inn by Marriott family. My staff and I take great pride in ensuring that each of our valued guests feels right at home while visiting with us. It is truly heartwarming to read your warm remarks and I'd like to extend my sincere appreciation for your glowing review. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team, which will certainly put a smile on each and every one of our staff's faces. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope we'll have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Lovely hotel which is spotlessly clean, with great housekeeping staff.
10 minutes walk to Metro
However despite the high room rates there is no room safe. Something reasonable to expect.
The worse aspect is the morning breakfast is a poor.I don't expect a great selection. But I do not expect the cooked breakfast to be served cold.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your kind recognition of our housekeeping staff and their extra efforts to provide a clean and comfortable stay for our guests. Please keep in mind that a safe-deposit box is available at our front desk. Providing consistent quality is one of our top concerns so it is disappointing to learn that your dining experience with us did not meet your expectations. Rest assured, we will pass your review along to our staff to ensure that we improve in this area. Thank you for your review and we hope you'll choose to visit our property again.