“Excellent Service!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, AZ
“Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Onyx in Boston for a quick weekend trip. The service at this hotel was absolutely amazing! The staff really went above and beyond to be helpful and were extraordinarily nice! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Serbian first
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Never disappointed in a Kimpton Hotel and the Onyx matches up. Surprisingly good location close to a "T" stop and the North End and all of its great restaurants. Stayed in a king room which was plenty big enough; bathroom had only one sink but plenty of shelf and storage space. The staff was very accommodating even printing out my boarding passes and checking in my bags. They went out of their way to help get us to dinner despite the rain. Greeted with a bottle of wine as part of the Kimpton in Touch program which is a must. After we checked out of the hotel, we remembered we left our IPOD. I called and they had already found it and made arrangements to ship to us. Will definitely add the ONYX as a place to stay and recommend.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Kimpton hotels always delivers. although i was frustrated prior to arrival (getting in touch with concierge is impossible and no one responded to the on line form i filled out) our stay was phenomenal. Front desk and the bell team were fantastic and it seems like the leadership taught their team well on how to provide great customer service. Will be back but i hope they get a bit more tech savvy prior to arrivals...

• Stayed July 2011
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

My husband an our two children stayed for seven days. The staff was more than gracious. The rooms were very nice, but on the small side. It would have been perfect for my husband and I or for all of us for a couple of days, but it was rather cramped by seven. My children are ten and twelve. It near so many things and just a short walk to the North Station T, which will take you anywhere you need to go in the city, plus the commuter rail is located there as well. It was right across the street from bakery, so you had breakfast every morning. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I am one of 12 children (incl. "In-Laws") that went to Boston last week to surprise our parents for their 60th Birthdays. We sent them their from Chicago to go to a game at Fenway and Whale Watching. It was a true surprise and they had no idea... it was the first time we were all on vacation together in over 15 years. With us coming from 5 different states across the country to do so... pulling off the surprise was a challenge. Well, the real surprise was the staff at Onyx... THERE WERE FIRST CLASS!!! They were in on the surprise making sure reservations were under untraceable names... we were never spotted... and that it would run flawlessly. They let us know when our parents returned to their room so we could surprise them by singing Happy Birthday outside their door.... and they even took it upon themselves to send up a Bottle of Champaign to the room. I travel a ton and this was the most impressive hotel staff I have ever encountered!!! Thanks to Hayat, John, & especially Lauren... the rest of the staff, and a beautiful hotel in a great location... WE HAD THE VACATION OF A LIFETIME!!! WE THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: Call Lauren at the Onyx
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Dear Hammy1in,

What an amazing story! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is incredible that you were able to get your family members from all over the country together for your parents 60th birthday celebration! I'm thrilled that we were able to assist in keeping this a surprise and I couldn't be happier that you had such an unforgettable vacation!
Martigny-Croix, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

The Onyx is a wonderful addition to the North Station area. Steps from the trains and North End and Quincy Market. My room was gorgeous and very quiet - didn't hear any noise from the hall during the night, bed was super comfortable and I was greeted with a glass of wine when I walked into the lobby to check in. The desk staff was always smiling and cheerful. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

My husband and I decided to get away for a few days with our dog Oscar, a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and we could not have had a better time. The staff, most notably John, Lauren, and many of the other workers were amazing, and catered to our every need. Not only that, they truly made Oscar (our little pup) feel welcome and loved and didn't hesitate to take him for walks, lavished him treats, and were even kind enough to take him downstairs while we had room service (where he was the star of the show in reception I gather). I can't thank the staff of the Onyx enough for such a wonderful stay and for making our whole family, especially little Oscar feel welcome. He misses you all and gives a big "rowf!" which means thanks!

2 Thank jessiekc1
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Onyx Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear Jessiekc1,

I'm glad you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us! We love when our guests bring pets to the hotel, and I'm so happy we were able to take such good care of yours!