“One of the worst Courtyards, IMO...overpriced, worn, smelly” 2 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
NY
“One of the worst Courtyards, IMO...overpriced, worn, smelly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

OK- so I am pretty loyal to Marriott due to their rewards program, but I won't stay at this Marriott on my next trip to Boston. Marriott really let me down!!
As others have mentioned, here were my issues:
1-Room was really overpriced and I had to stay due to business colleagues staying there or I would have gone to the CharlesMark and been done with it due to high rates at hotels in Boston. Really, really overpriced for the room I got.
2-Room was really bad. It stank, opening window didn't help - determined that smell was coming from bed/pillows. UGH. Mattress of bed sagged on left side when you sat on it. Room was also somewhat worn in a lot of places and therefore looked suspiciously unclean
3-Hotel halls and entry are really "corporate" and ugly looking. It's a historical building that they shoehorned a Marriott into

On the other hand, the location is great-walking distance to shopping and restaurants. My recommendations: look at the Hilton or Lenox nearby...or the Charles Mark. All better rooms than this hotel.

Room Tip: Be a Platinum Marriott member? Maybe?
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank India_Pia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Korean first
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Our room and bathroom were huge! Everything was really nice and comfortable. Business center was a convenient amenity. Parking was too expensive though.

Room Tip: Check the hotel's website for special deals
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carly421
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott last weekend and we were incredibly pleased with the hotel. The location is perfect, right in walking distance to restaurants, bars, etc. We even walking to Fenway Park which only took 15-20 minutes. When we arrived we reserved a double room for four people and they upgraded us to a suite at no charge because they were limited on the double rooms available. The suite was AMAZING! During out stay we asked for extra towels, pillows, roll a way beds etc. and the service was the quickest and best I have ever experienced. We booked through Expedia and it included complementary breakfast which was a very high end breakfast. Tons of hot foods, cold foods, fruit, egg station, you name it. Every employee there seems pleasant and the only negative thing was that the elevators were really slow. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Artsy3003
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Flew into Boston for a quick overnight visit from NY to catch a Red Sox game with my boys. It had been quite sometime since I had been to Boston so my approach was to find a nice hotel with favorable rates located somewhere near the stadium. Mission accomplished!

Our room was spacious and comfortable, the employees were friendly and helpful and location, location, location! Fabulous restaurants and shopping abounded which only added to our great day of play in Boston!

Bob from New York

I travel frequently for both business and pleasure and have been in the hospitality industry for 30 plus years. I will tell you that this hotel fit the bill! Highly reccomended from someone who knows!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I stayed at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square for two nights (June2011.) The location of the hotel was excellent, the room was spacious and clean and the hotel personnel were helpful and pleasant. The rate for this great Boston location was reasonable.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Voorheesville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Copley Square for 5 nights in late May. We were extremely impressed with this hotel. All of the staff have were excellent and there is definitely a customer-focused culture that is impressive. The location is great and we are sure to return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Middlesex, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed here for one night at the end of May and were very pleased. The hotel is just off Boylston Street and a few blocks from Newbury Street, giving easy walking access to shopping, restaurants, and parks. The room was very comfortable and the staff was helpful and accommodating. They brought in and set up a pack'n'play for our baby shortly after we arrived and recommended a restaurant that would be family friendly - the guy at the front desk said it was where he took his kids. It turned out to be a great suggestion.

The king bed was comfortable, there was a flat-screen TV and a large squashy chair with ottoman; the room was clean and the bathroom spacious. The parking is expensive - $42 per day - but in Boston that is to be expected. I remarked to my husband the same evening that I would like to stay there again the next time we go to Boston.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family