“I can't imagine a better hotel in Boston!”

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Newark, Delaware
“I can't imagine a better hotel in Boston!”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The guest rooms at this hotel look brand new. The staff is amazing. Justin is a huge asset to this hotel. The location is second to none. Walk to Fenway, Copley, Back Bay, and just about anywhere else of interest. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Korean first
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My wife and I booked this room two weeks prior to our trip out east. We heard that this hotel was a great place to stay and they were correct. We were greeted by Raphael (valet) who was more than willing to not only take our numerous bags to our room, but quickly informed us that he would assist us in any way to make our stay special. After we valeted our vehicle we changed and came down stairs for a reception at the front desk hosted by the General manager and sales manger. They were so easy to talk to and it was evident that they wanted the best for their guests. They helped us find a place to eat dinner and a place for dessert. Our check out the next morning was seamless and the breakfast was really good. Everyone at the hotel so nice to us that it was kind of spooky, they were nicer than family! Tell Bernardo that Pete from Michigan sent you.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pete B
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Place was very nice and Justin and Sam were awesome. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The Courtyard Copley Square is a fantastic find. This was my first stay and I’ll definitely return. This is a boutique hotel and a nice change from the corporate behemoth across the street. The property is also a nice change from the usual Courtyard “feel” because it’s not standard in any way. I was pleased that my room did not have the standard under the window Courtyard air-conditioning unit that blows too hard. The Courtyard Copley Square has the air-conditioning in ducts that are above head, which kept the room comfortable. I liked that I could open the windows about three inches, which allowed for fresh air to come into the room. My room faced another building, which provided additional quiet and privacy. The room was very quiet for the three days of my stay.

Other reviews note the advantageous location. I walked pretty much everywhere I needed to go, including over to Cambridge for appointments. When I wanted to take the T, I walked a few blocks to Copley Station. Added conveniences include a nearby Shaw’s supermarket, where I bought fresh foods, two drugstores, and many area restaurants. One night I met friends for a pint at the Irish pub around the corner where we sat at a table on the sidewalk.

Many reviewers complain about the size of the rooms. The rooms are small compared to most hotels in the U.S. I consider my room on the 7th floor to be standard for European hotels, and many hotels in New York City. However, I was comfortable as a single person. I imagine that it would be a tight fit for a couple.

The workspace was really nice and well lit. My room came with a comically over-sized flat-screen television. It was like being in a screening room, when compared to the size of the room.

There are drawbacks that are not deal-breakers, but worth noting. The lighting in my room did not extend to the entry, which is where the thermostat for the air-conditioning is located. Since I don’t travel with a flashlight, I had to use my cell phone to shine light on the thermostat in order to manage room temperature.

The big annoyance was the Internet speed. Internet is included in the room rate, but it was painfully slow. At times, plugging directly to Ethernet worked better than wireless. That was not, however, always the case. I’m not a heavy data user, but even simple browser tasks just wouldn’t work at particular times.

One other annoyance was that the advertised room rate that I book included “breakfast for two.” However, when I got my breakfast certificates they were “breakfast for one.” The problem was that, based on the advertised rate, I invited a business colleague to meet me for breakfast. Instead of fighting it, I made alternate plans elsewhere.

This hotel keeps a coffee and tea station in the lobby only in the morning. Most Courtyards have coffee and tea available throughout the day, which is a nice feature. I heard other guests asking about that on my first afternoon at the hotel. The desk agent referred the guest to the packet in his room. It would seem that providing coffee throughout the day would be a convenience that the hotel management would see as valuable to business customers. I’m surprised that this feature has been overlooked.

Most of the desk staff people were warm and inviting. The restaurant staff were particularly friendly and warm. Staff were readily accessible and easy to find because the hotel is small. I arrived very late so I called ahead from a connecting airport. Information on my arrival was properly relayed to the person attending the desk and I was expected when I arrived. That was a nice touch after a long day of connecting travel from the west coast.

I chose to stay at the Courtyard Copley Square because of the favorable rate I got on Marriott’s website. I’ll look forward to staying here again on future trips to Boston.

Room Tip: My room was quiet; it faced another building instead of the street.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank RMA626
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I lived in Boston for 6 years and recently returned for a business meeting. This hotel is conveniently located. Walking distance to the Back Bay or Copley Square. The rooms are small, but pleasant. The front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Olney, MD
Reviewed 6 August 2011

If you drive in, as we did keep, a good look out for the hotel as it has a small footprint and entrance is streetside. A very cordial staff. Room was on the small side but no surprise based on a city location, and the hotel was in a great location. We were within walking distance of tons of places to visit and eat at and near multiple subway stations. Great value in a central location with a very nice staff.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Southern California
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The suite was spacious enough for 3 adults and an older child. While there was usual A/C noise level in the sitting room, the bedroom was silent. Staff was friendly and helpful. Facility was clean and well maintained. Only things I can think to recommend are upgrading the exercise room and discounts for overnight parking.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family