“Great location for Boston, Just OK, overpriced!”

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott for 5 nights while attending a convention at the Hynes Center. It's in the heart of Boston's Back Bay and Copley Place which is central to all of Boston. The rooms are clean but do not offer the amenities that the other comparably priced hotels in the area do. Again this is an average/OK hotel by Courtyard standards, just that the price does not measure up to what is offered. For example, we stayed on a Sunday through Friday. We were charged $120 extra for the Wednesday and Thursday nights ($229 vs. $349 possibly because the Boston Marathon and opening day of Fenway). The restaurant is overpriced for breakfast and offers typically what you would get at a "complimentary breakfast offering". Lots of history to this hotel (over 100 years old). Not a bad place for Boston if you want to be "in the heart of things". Just be aware there are better places for the pricing and value. I'd look around at the other hotels in the Back Bay/Copley Place.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the high floor corner rooms. They are larger by far. the _06 rooms are small in com...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Luka302
Write a ReviewReviews (1,810)

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed early November during my husband's business trip. Everything about this hotel is really nice - the rooms, lobby, "sports" bar, lounge; except for breakfast at the restaurant. By the third day I just walked over to the Dunkin' Donuts for coffee. The location is within walking distance to shopping restaurants, several train lines and trolley tour pick up locations. One of the train lines -- I think it's the Green Line --- you don't even have to walk outside if the weather is bad. So much to see in Boston!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley is quaint and quiet. The management friendly,welcoming and informed. I would recommend the Courtyard for its location,living room and libation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I tried this hotel for the first time in March, 2012. I was very impressed. It's located in a great section of the Back Bay, only steps from the Shops at Copley Place and all the stores on Newbury Street, as well as restaurants, Hynes Convention Center, the Back Bay Amtrak and T stations, plus it's also an easy walk to Downtown Boston from here. I didn't need to hop the T until I was way over in the North End-- and I walked there from the hotel.

The staff is very friendly, and my room was extremely clean. As soon as I entered my room, I was able to smell the freshness. My room was a bit on the small side, but that was fine for me since I was traveling solo. People with families may want to inquire with the hotel about larger rooms. However, the bathroom was actually quite a decent size, and even featured a small partition with a bit of a countertop between the sink and the toilet. The Davies Gate soaps were, indeed refreshing.

My room faced the street and it remained very quiet, even in light of the long, long line of young people waiting to enter the (rather decent looking) bar near by. I also didn't hear much noise from adjoining rooms, and I know I had a neighbor.

I would definitely stay here again. This hotel certainly looks a lot more "boutique" than many of the other high rises in the area (and I've stayed in a few of those as well). With this Courtyard, I found it much easier to access the hotel, because I didn't have to wait for one of about 8 elevators to take me to the "30th floor," or have to traipse through a mall in order to get to the hotel. Just walked in right off the street, with my luggage, having walked less than 10 minutes from the Amtrak station.

A great stay, and hope to do it again!

Room Tip: A higher floor might enhance quietness, since a good deal of the rooms face the street. However, the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I travel to Boston for business regularly, and frequently stay at the Courtyard by Marriot Boston Copley. Its a great hotel for business travelers, or folks looking for a base-of-operations for touring the city.

Pros - clean, recently renovated, wonderful staff, great location, nicely appointed rooms, fridge in every room, large bathrooms, access to microwave, breakfast onsite (for each day you opt out of maid service, you get a breakfast voucher). Steps to the Prudential Center and Copley Plaza for shops and restaurants. Close to public transportation.

Cons - no amenities other than a tiny workout room. Lobby has a small sitting area. No restaurant. No reciprocal arrangement for use of other Marriott property facilities (like the Marriott Copley Plaza across the street).

I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers, or tourists without children. (There's just nothing for them to do/explore here).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This little gem is has the best location in the city. THe hotel is beautiful and is getting better with the remodeling. Hopefully they will keep the charm of the building and boutique atmosphere in mind when they complete the remodel. The staff is outstanding at every level.

Room Tip: 02, 04, 05 Rooms are my favorite
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have stayed here multiple times and have never been disappointed. Close to shops and the T stations to get you to where you need to go. Can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: They just renovated some of the rooms the last time we were there (New Year's Eve 2011) They we...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family