“Great family hotel in the city!”

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great family hotel in the city!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel offers a great central location with rooms that I'd consider large and a great value for the city. The hotel is located on Exeter, one block from the Public Library and Copley Square, one block from Prudential Center, and two blocks from fabulous shopping on Newbury Street. It's situated on a quiet side street, although there was a bit of daytime construction noise from a new building going up across the street. My kids are old enough to not need naps, so this was not an issue for us at all. Just a heads up that there is only a small breakfast restaurant on site, but you're steps away from Boston's best eats, so that wasn't a problem!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I just returned home to Minneapolis from a wonderful weekend in Boston with my 3 teenaged daughters. I chose the Courtyard at Copley Square primarily for it's value, but once we were greeted by the staff and settled in to our beautiful 2 queen room, I realized we had found a pearl of a hotel! The location is awesome - any direction you go there's gorgeous architecture and incredible shopping. On day 1 we took a taxi but from then on we just walked out from the hotel, spent all day out on the town, and then walked back again. Very safe, very historical, and hey, there's a Starbucks right there kitty-corner from the hotel on Boylston. After touring around the city we all agreed that the location of our hotel was primo compared to the super pricey ones closer to downtown.
What tops off this place, though, is the way the staff makes you feel - basically like you're a VIP. They called me by name each morning (even the valet guy), and when my 17 year old was standing in the lobby she mentioned to her sister that she forgot to pack a toothbrush. A short time later back up at the room, there was someone at the door with exactly what she needed. What?! My kids thought that was the coolest ever.
Oh, one more thing. I would highly recommend their buffet breakfast because you sit in these sumptuous yellow chairs and feel like royalty as someone pours your coffee. And maybe you'll have Bernardo, the general manager, walk by and inquire about your stay like he did with us. It's no wonder the staff know how to treat people so well - because they themselves have a wonderful example to follow.
It was only a 3 day stay in Boston with my kids, but I feel like it got us close again. This hotel provided the right combination of people and surroundings to put me at complete ease and let me just enjoy those I love the most - my family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jeannie s
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is a little gem of a hotel. Only 80 rooms; felt like a boutique hotel. Everyone from housekeeping to maintenance to breakfast server were friendly and responsive. Bernardo the manager is very professional and nice to everyone! Great atmosphere -people seem both happy to work there and stay there. The salesperson Ms Woodbine went above and beyond to help with printing attachments and was very professional, even at her young age! Close to everything!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Franklin Square, New York
Reviewed 3 October 2013

If you are looking for a recently renovated marriott in Boston, right next to the Pru Center and in Copley Square, this is a great place to spend the night.

Its very quaint, not overbearing but a little more upscale then most courtyards.

Staff was friendly and rooms fairly spacious considering the price and the fact you are in the heart of Boston.

The location is great, great shopping and restaurants steps away, right down the block from the Pru Center and the Duck Tours.

Full service breakfast retaurant with either buffet or made to order food.

Room price was fair and competitive to other chain hotels.

This courtyard tries to break away from that standard marriott courtyard feel and become more like the historical and quaint surroundings of Boston. Succesfully I might add.

Overall great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the higher floors, there is less noise from the street
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Honolulu
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My boyfriend, friend from VA and I recently stayed here during our trip to Boston last week. I had a very difficult time locating a hotel room that had two queen beds in Boston, but after a search on Trip Advisor found this particular hotel. It was located in the area that I wanted (Back Bay), so I quickly booked it.

The service of the hotel is average - the gals behind the desk were polite but not very warm or welcoming. One in particular seemed very young and stressed at times, which may explain why she didn't always seem very friendly.

The room was a good size for a suite and it was clean apart for dirty decorative pillows that were placed on the bed upon our arrival. I was surprised that the housekeeping staff didn't notice this, so I quickly put them away and off of the bed for the duration of our stay.

The location of the hotel is really good - it's located next to the Boston public library and very close to nearby shops, restaurants and Newberry St. The ice machine was easily accessible and just a few floors down from our suite. The laundry facility was very small (just one washing machine and one dryer), but it was on the second floor and not busy during the times we went.

The housekeeping service was good and overall I enjoyed our brief stay there. One thing to note is that the rooms do not have safes in them ... if you want your valuables locked, you will have to use a safety deposit box that is located downstairs.

The staff allowed us to check out a few hours late on the day of our departure, and this really helped us since our flight to NYC was later in the afternoon. Despite the dirty decorative pillow and lack of safe in the room, I'd recommend staying here for anyone who is considering a trip to Boston!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MaximusGuinness
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member and as such I stayed 2 nights in the Courtyard Boston Copley Square. It's in a great location in what I think is the nicest part of the city. However, it's about a 15 minute walk to Quincy Market and the touristy locations.

The hotel is clean, room was a bit small, but they have a nice lobby that you can watch a big screen TV in. When my husband and I stayed here we watched March Madness on the big screen while eating cannolis from Mike's Pastry shop in the evening one night.

Breakfast was pricey - and they had given us free breakfast. To our dismay, it was only free for one of us. Kind of odd but we paid.

For a brief weekend trip, I would recommend the hotel and would go back. If you are staying more than 2 nights, get a suite or look at a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stefashion
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have been to Boston many times and prefer to stay on Copley Square area as this is close to many of the places we like visit. The Courtyard here is in a great spot two blocks from Newberry street and close to the shopping for my wife. The Marriott is near by but so much bigger and harder to get in and out of the hotel each time. The Courtyard is a much bette size and they have queen size beds for the family that needs two beds. That is a huge bonus for us when we travel with the kids. I would highly recomment this hotel as it was clean, friendly and not too expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family