“Good stay, very good location, good service.”

Courtyard Boston Copley Square
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Based on our experience, we plan to stay here again. great location. Very clean. It was a short walk to restaurants, bars and shopping. There is parking across the street, but we used the valet service. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and we plan to use this hotel in a few months from now.

Room Tip: Good place to stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John F
Caitlyn W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back in a couple weeks.

Caitlyn

Write a ReviewReviews (1,810)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I travel in to Boston for work each week and this is an excellent location for the business traveler. Bernardo and Caitlyn are great to work with and are there to cater to all of your needs. The staff is very attentive, the rooms are updated and clean, and the hotel is perfectly located in the middle of Copley Square! You wont go wrong with the Copely Courtyard!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Paullazz77
BernardoGubert1, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear ee978,

Thank you for your thoughtful review and . I'm glad you enjoyed the service we provided here at 88 Exeter during your recent stay. I apologize for the size of our gym and for future reference keep in mind that we offer passes to the Boston Sports Club at the Prudential Center. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I can add this preference to your profile. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to serve you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Bernardo

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The room was clean and nicely appointed and the location is very convenient. We have actually stayed here before and always think of it when we stay in Boston. You can park across the street at the Pru garage though it doesn't save you money over valet parking it is less of a hassle than having to wait for your car in the morning. The hotel staff is friendly and seems eager to please.

I would have given our stay a 5 rating if not for the awful breakfast buffet. The buffet was offered to us as a "special deal" if we prepaid for it - $10 per person instead of the $16.99 which we figured we would try. The staff seemed unfamiliar with the offering since the $16.99 buffet included "eggs made to order" in its description yet when my wife tried to order them we were told the offer was limited to the scrambled eggs on the buffet - then they realized it was incorrect and (begrudgingly) asked her how she would like them - but it seemed like they were put out by it all - then one of the servers apologized. OK, strike one.

Strike two was the fact that the dishes meant for us to use which were on the buffet were covered with dried food - basically dirty and, again, the staff seemed put out by a request for a clean plate. Here's a tip - if you are going to use white plates make sure they are clean. Then, the dishwasher came out and took all of the plates back to be rewashed so I guess it wasn't my imagination that they weren't clean. Strike three was the toasters - two of them and neither worked right. Plus the coffee was weak. If I had paid $16.99 for this I would have asked for a refund but for $10 each we just shrugged it off and put it behind us. Next time we'll walk across the street to Copley and grab breakfast there. In general it seems like the hotel and restaurant are run by two different entities and the restaurant needs help learning from the hotel staff.

So, other than the food the place is definitely worth staying at.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nhdoc
Caitlyn W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Copley Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty!

I immensley apologize for your experience with the restaurant. We have had a few new associates come on board recently. We will be sure to communicate these issues with the entire restaurant team in order to avoid this from happening again!

Thank you so much for leaving the review, we hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was staying in Boston on business, and stayed at this location for a week. All I can say is that the staff is awesome (Thanks Bernardo and Yasa!), and I couldn't have been any more impressed with the service. The room was updated and very nice. It was down in the teen's temperature-wise during the whole visit, so it was great to be right next to the Mall and other easy to reach conveniences, like the Shaw's grocery store right next door. Great place to stay for business and/or pleasure. Will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor, and was not bothered by any noises, either from outside the hotel or insi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a great review! I am so glad everything went smoothly with your visit. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed for just one night in order to visit the area for work and pleasure. The location was terrific. We walked to shopping, food and sites. But more importantly, the staff was excellent at the Courtyard. From the valet parking attendant, to the front desk staff, to the staff member who checked to make sure we had everything we needed in the room - all were so helpful. The one bedroom suite worked out so well for our family. Complimentary coffee downstairs was much appreciated. A terrific stay and my compliments to the staff and management. Hats off to the lovely woman at the front desk who assisted us with holding our luggage, calling a taxi, and letting the valet know we were ready for out car. Just a pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello,

I am so glad you had a lovely experience! Thank you for leaving a great review.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We love to stay at this hotel. The location can hardly be beat; close to 2 T stops, Copley place mall, the Public Library, Boylston and Newbury Street shops and restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful. We arrived well before check-in and they had our room ready, no problems. The hotel is in an old building so we could hear some late and noisy guests but they quieted quickly. Bathroom seemed to have been recently renovated but the lighting was a bit dim. The only tiny negative was the blue painter's tape at the top of the curved windows which seemed to be holding the cracked wallpaper together.
For the location in downtown Boston the prices are reasonable and there is a parking garage across the street for $40/day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onva

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review! We hope you will retunr to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel Sept 2013 and I must say was very comfortable and clean. The location is great. Prudential Center is across the street and Bolyston Street a block away. Newbury Street was 2 blocks off of Exeter Street where the hotel is located. I didn't try the restaurant for breakfast or go to the gym so I cannot comment on those. There are a lot of restaurants in the area so you will not go hungry! I will stay here again for sure. Free wifi in rooms is always a winner for me. This hotel offers that. I had a suite which was very roomy. Looking to stay here again in March 2014.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Hello,

Thank you so much for leaving a great review! We do have a great location just steps away from everything! We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Thanks,